1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Your manga thought of the day

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Discussion' started by HHHNNNGGG, Oct 8, 2016.

1. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Moderator Staff Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Just how many times has Esdeath been buffed rofl. Introduced as a character with ice powers, and later she can do like half a dozen things including create artificial life, freeze time, regenerate etc.

2. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    What are you expecting? :cat:

Well, I think that her Teigu's true power is the power of the creature used to make the Teigu. Her ice power is just a part of that creature.

Also, when your power is very basic and you can exert it with nearly no limit, it can be very flexible. I think it is the same like in JoJo, some Stands are pretty basic but then the protagonists discover a different method to use their abilities, it becomes a new ability as a whole.

3. Roger Black

Roger Black Member

Jul 11, 2009
    listening to ravi shankar while reading rikudou and im fucking high.

4. Senjougahara

Senjougahara Moderator Staff Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I'm just sad that Esdeath never had a chance with Tatsumi lol. Damn ship sunk before it could set sail.

5. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Mine is best ship.

And darn I'm too used to the name change.

6. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    >tfw I'm the only one who still read manga and post here.

MINE IS PREGNANT WITH TATSUMI'S CHILD OMGWTFBBQ

7. RisaStoleMyHart

Mar 26, 2014
    I still read it. Way better than the anime ending.

8. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I just started reading otomo... otoyge.... fuck it I'm reading A Bride's Story and I'm enjoying it dammit!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  9. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I rarely read Historical genre but hey, it is cute so it works.

10. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I'm lovin Tamen De Gushi right now. Tan Jiu's artstyle and humor is super similar to that of Old Xian, which is great, since I like her work a lot. Both this and 19 Days are super cute.

11. RisaStoleMyHart

Mar 26, 2014
  12. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I'm thinking, Chinese art is becoming by far more dedicated in comparison to the Japanese one, I would even say superior.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  13. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey guys, do mermaids poop? sparklingeyesluffy.gif

14. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Assuming that the mermaids you're referring to are the ones that are top-half woman and bottom half fish (and not the other way around), one can assume that the bottom half fishtail comes equipped with fish anatomy adapted to the human anatomy.

[​IMG]

According to this anatomy of a fish, their anus is indeed near their tail. However, this brings about the question: Why are mermaid tails not vertically positioned like a fish?

So if we take that into consideration, the horizontal tail could instead mean that mermaids are actually not half fish, but half aquatic mammal.

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of some of the more well-known aquatic mammals, most of them are whales, but the dolphin is also pictured.
    Manatees and seal/walruses also have horizontal tailfins, hence, we can assume that a mermaid's tail is more similar to an aquatic mammal's tail than a fish's tail.

As humans are also under the mammal category, it makes biological sense that the tail would be similar to aquatic mammals than fishes (which is another category, different from mammals).

Hence, let's take a look at the whale anatomy.

[​IMG]

As you can notice, the anus of a whale is significantly nearer to the end of the tail than a fish's anus. Here's an underbelly view for comparison.

[​IMG]

Thus, they do have the capabilities of pooping, and one can assume that they do indeed poop.

The question now is:
    Where do they poop?
    Do they have toilets in their underwater kingdom?
    What do they flush their toilets with? (since the toilet would be encased with water, they can't possibly flush it with more water)
    Does their poop have the consistency of diarrhoea or is it solid like the land version women?

These are some topics you can further explore by yourself, but as for your question:
    tl;dr - yes they have the capabilities to poop, however, no one has ever seen them poop. Which brings the age old question of: "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

And that my friend, is a mystery in itself.

MrFrank and Blamagenkind like this.
  15. RisaStoleMyHart

Mar 26, 2014
    Anime girls don't poop you goddamn casual.

16. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Anime girls are girls, mermaids are not girls, but rather a hybrid species of human female and aquatic mammal.

While we are not quite sure if this automatically means that the human female characteristics apply to mermaids, we can assume that each species has a different set of functions that are unique to them. We know for a fact that all living creatures have to excrete waste material, and based on real life examples of mammals, the common mammal method of excretion is through pooping, hence it is a valid assumption that anime characters that are modeled after real life species(es?) will have similar functions.

However, due to some genres being sci-fi, these species perhaps have evolved beyond needing to excrete waste materials, but since that is a fictional construct, the answer varies from anime to anime. Hence, I assumed that his question was not with regards to anime, but rather to real life mermaids.

17. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Can anyone explain the ending of Lone Wolf and Cub?

18. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    >tfw people denying scat
    >tfw AMD starts discussing about scat

19. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010