1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Your Gaming Thought of the Day - Reborn

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Eli_Green, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Ostarion

Ostarion Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Bro it's just a normal video game! Stop being so judgemental :cat:

2. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    LIVE

Smash'n'Splash 3 || Day 2 || Melee Singles Phase 2 & Top 32 || The Waterpark Tournament

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Yesterday, for the first time of my life, I played in a team composed by Germans 1 duo party, and the rest single variables, due their accent in the voice chat I was capable of confirming that it were in fact Germans, we were losing the game and miraculously we came back, it was so epic, we were persistent till we took the game, I felt an insane fire in my heart, I was so happy, I could barely deal with it.

4. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    What does them being German have to do with anything?

5. Rubz

Rubz Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Played Bethesda's browser version of Wolfenstein 3D (its free). Holy shit lol even I'm too much of a millenial to be good at it. Not sure if it was meant to be played with mouse or not.

Found a website (cncnet.org)where you can download and play the first 3 Command & Conquer games, EA released those as freeware. Sadly only about 500 players online. Which is a shame for RTS games that are supposedly highly regarded. Anyone here who grew up with those games? Any thoughts?

6. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
  7. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    AoE Remastered 4k.

Man, this is my childhood.

8. Rubz

Rubz Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Apart from the Right wing Nazi vs social justice cancer debates on youtube E3 seemed pretty dope to me this year.

9. Tolsimir

Tolsimir Member

Jul 15, 2012
    My thought of the day: The fightning game ''community'' is retarded. Capcom failed completely with SFV, sales didn't reach expectations, pro players are complaining that the game is shit and rewards low-skill players too much, scrubs are complaining that it only caters to pro players because the game was completely bare-bones upon release and you could only play 1v1 pretty much, with no story or arcade mode. The game still has a huge E-Sports scene because of all the money Capcom is pouring into it though, in Japan it's even called ''Duty Fighter V''.

Recently the new MvC game is announced, and it appears that it will be another low-effort cash-grab. Terrible graphics, low roster count with over half the characters being reused from the previous game and the two most anticipated characters (Black Panther and Venom) already being confirmed as DLC, before the game is even fucking out.

So why is the FGC retarded? As you can see, there was some sort of collective acceptance being reached that Capcom didn't perform up to standards recently. Go to any major site related to fightning games, and you will see people hating Capcom. On the other side we have games like KOF and Guilty Gear being praised as examples of good fightning games. Especially Guilty Gear, with it's revolutionary graphics, near perfect balance and the best tutorial in any FG. So what do these monkeys do? Do they buy and support these games, instead of Capcom games? Do they watch them on twitch? No. They still continue to buy and play Capcom games while at the same time autistically hating them on the forums and praising other games. Here's an idea: Go buy an actually good game and stop giving Capcom your damn money if you want to see some change.

Ostarion and ZealotCatfish like this.
  10. ZealotCatfish

ZealotCatfish Member

Mar 16, 2015
    I don't know why people still support Capcom overall.

I can't remember the last time there was a new game from Capcom that wasn't Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, or Mahvel, and I have no idea what the hell is up with their devs.

(Need I remind anyone of BoF6. You can kill me now.)

11. Sylvanei

Sylvanei New Member

May 27, 2017
    I agree with most of the post, except some of the last bit. When MvCI was debuted and they showed the visuals and people flipped out about the bad quality, literally thousands upon thousand of players just quit the Capcom side and went and bought Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. Which is cool, because Arc System Works is an amazing company and Guilty Gear is a pretty fantastic franchise.

But you'll always have loyalists who've been with a brand for so long they can't imagine going anywhere else.

12. 618

618 Member

Jul 4, 2014

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Tolsimir and Daddy Sven like this.
  13. Daddy Sven

Jun 22, 2010
    It's sad when the video game looks better than the actual anime, art wise. (Referring to Super)

Tolsimir likes this.
  14. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    It's just I was playing with my lands people without the necessity to make a party, it was a cool experience.

@Tolsimir

Did you ever play UMVC 3 and Smash Bross Melee? just make a try GJ.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. Sylvanei

Sylvanei New Member

May 27, 2017
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but people play SFV because it's in the circuit and they get (possibly) paid for playing it and winning. Makes sense to play a game to make money at it, even if it's terrible.

That's why Guilty Gear is awesome. It's very well made and also in the circuit.

16. 618

618 Member

Jul 4, 2014

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  17. Tolsimir

Tolsimir Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I think this really hits the nail on the head. Street Fighter has become more than just a game, it's become a mainstream franchise. It is socially acceptable to play SF these days, if that makes any sense. When KOF13 came out and I started playing it, I had people tell me to play a ''normal'' game like SF.

@Abstract.Raze
    Yes, I tried both UMVC3 and Melee. That's not the problem. The problem is that other people aren't trying out good games like Guilty Gear and KOF.

@Sylvanei
    There is a circuit and a huge amount of money involved with SF5, that's true. That's why in Japan people call it ''Duty Fighter V''. Because it is the duty of the pros to play it if they want the money, instead of playing what they like. Just recently one of the best GG players in the world announced that he will start focusing on SFV because he needs the money.

There is no circuit for GG though. ArcSys doesn't have that kind of money.

Daddy Sven likes this.
  18. Daddy Sven

Jun 22, 2010
    Speaking of the FGC. I'm still praying that the rumored new 2D Samurai Shodown is actually in development. SS Sen was disgustingly bad.

ZealotCatfish likes this.
  19. ZealotCatfish

ZealotCatfish Member

Mar 16, 2015