1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Your anime thought of the day

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Discussion' started by HHHNNNGGG, Oct 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I'm not nitpicking on catchphrases, I'm nitpicking on one single specific phrase.

You started a discussion and you immediately started shitting on the first person to reply. I don't see why you even bothered starting a discussion when you refuse to acknowledge the other party's points but sure, if it me being an elitist makes you happy and feel like you're on a moral highground.

Me, the person who only watches slice of life cute girl do cute things - an elitist.
    Pffftttttt

I can't even imagine how you actually talk to people in real life.

2. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Moderator Staff Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Pick up Girlish Number again you fool.

3. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    No, that girl is not cute and does not do cute things. She does evil and mean things.

Do not want.

4. TypicalGC7

TypicalGC7 New Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Sorry to butt in but, how was that "elitist-y"? He didn't say he doesn't like catchphrases as a whole, he only mentioned that one specific catchphrase in that specific anime.

5. Secchan

Secchan Member

Oct 16, 2009
    I started a discussion, you replied with cynic remarks and unclear sarcasm coupled with ad homs. Kinda not clear on your intentions, while i actually admitted the faults that show had and understood where it stands. Just wondering if you actually adhere to your double standards religiously or if this is a fucking joke that went over my head.
    He said its annoying which can be said for catchphrases as a whole. Im just assuming he actually does hate any form of campy and cheesiness which the medium is oversaturated with.

6. RisaStoleMyHart

Mar 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

Don't be so mean.

7. 5chneemensch

5chneemensch Member

Jun 15, 2009
    "Campy" and "cheesy" is good. Because it reflects human interaction. Strike The Blood was not "campy"/"cheesy", for that matter.

8. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I replied with the one thing i disliked about the show when you specifically asked:
    I did not initiate a shit slinging fest, you did.
    This was your reply to my one non-hostile statement. You immediately assumed that I was nitpicking every catchphrase when my post specifically mentions the one thing I liked least in that show.

Please quote me an example where I held double standards or did you just fucking assumed it. Again.

Look at you making sweeping arguments again smh fam

I mention one fucking nitpicking example I didn't like and you just sweep me into an entire classification of tropes. What kind of fucking logic is that? You trying to imitate those 3rd wave feminists where being white = privileged and shit? Because damn son, talking to you sure makes me feel that way.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    TypicalGC7 likes this.
  9. 5chneemensch

5chneemensch Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Bloody hell Foxxey calm your tits. No need to jump the gun like that.

10. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Where were you when he jumped the gun doe?

11. Secchan

Secchan Member

Oct 16, 2009
    And you wonder why i make assumptions about you?

12. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I don't confirm my assumptions without phrasing it as a question first, meanwhile you immediately solidify my position on various topics that were not immediately related and then use that assumption to argue against me and my standpoint without first confirming if it was true.

I did not immediately label you as SJW 3rd wave feminist who can't argue for shit, I asked if you were trying to be like them, and here you are neither confirming nor denying but for some reason still feel compelled to justify your assumptions despite me constantly denying your claims for the past few posts.

I don't even know what you want out of this tbh.

13. Archein

Archein Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Relax! The life of every weebs can be tough, so I don't mind if they want to vent their frustrations onto me. I think doing a discussion is very healthy, but I'd better take it easy and doing it elegantly. :)

14. RisaStoleMyHart

Mar 26, 2014
    Secchan being overly cynical is nothing new.

15. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    The only moment that this ded subforum can be "lively" is when people start trashtalking and shitposting about each other.

16. Secchan

Secchan Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Yup here we go

The Catchphrase thats being mentioned.
    I wasnt sure at this point if you were actually hating on the char, the catch phrase or "joke" as you aptly put it later. Pointing out that it sounded like a nitpick when you didnt say much and not clarifying. Confused as hell at this point.
    Catchphrases are not jokes. They've always been used as a cue or mark that a scene is about to happen or end or even better for the hell of it. Whatever it is you didnt like, you found it overused.
    Again im asking you seriously to clarify what your stance is since most other anime uses overused jokes, tropes and chars.
    #Triggered

I know fuck all about you or your thought process. Replying a legit question with spice of triggered adhom really helps gets your point across. Needless to say it doesnt help with the confusion.

Explaining why i was confused at the current situation. In hindsight i went overboard a bit here since you already explained yourself.

A few posts later of going around in circle.

You explained yourself.
    I explained myself and how i was confused.
    Triggered long post and more adhoms.

What do i want? A chill discussion between internet anime faggots embracing anime for what it is. A shitfest that we enjoy anyways, with the occasional diamond in the rough. But i guess thats not possible with people getting triggered left and right.

17. 5chneemensch

5chneemensch Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Secchie didn't jump the gun. Just stupid assumptions which I couldn't wrap my head around, despite trying my hardest to understand.

And for the love of god do not mislabel "shitposting". It's hilarious how the word changed its definition multiple times in a quarter of the year.

TypicalGC7 likes this.
  18. BlizziC

BlizziC Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Anyone watching Bungou Stray Dogs? Thoughts on it?
    I like it a lot for it's atmosphere, and the power system is decent. It's definitely good, but not great, still recommend checking it out.

19. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    There were no questions in the quote you posted, there were only statements. Accusing statements. I'll admit my first reply wasn't a strong discussion point, it was simply a passing remark.

- You admitted that Strike the Blood had a bad reputation, but not as bad as other shittier anime that's being aired every other season.
    - I provided one scenario which I didn't liked in the show to perhaps explain why people might not like the show.
    You immediately start shitting on me for being elitist based on that one scenario?

Telling me I might as well not enjoy 80% of anime since I hate catchphrases (wat) and then stereotyping me into a fucking casual that only enjoys Miyazaki movies. Bruh, the only Miyazaki movies I've watched were Spirited Away and Totoro, and I don't even remember shit because I was a child then.

It's like saying "oh man you don't like chocolates? Bruh might as well not like 80% of all sweets, you must be one of them elitist faggots who only have fruits as snacks" or something.

What discussion? What chill?

TypicalGC7 likes this.
  20. TypicalGC7

TypicalGC7 New Member

Oct 9, 2016
    I am. I do agree the powers are pretty cool and how they're based on books (? not too sure about this one) which basically describes the powers itself. I'm not the person who criticize a lot (i.e. story/plot/char development/etc.) but I'm liking it so far. Dazai is the character I liked the most. I think he's pretty interesting and cool.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016