1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Your anime thought of the day

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Discussion' started by HHHNNNGGG, Oct 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    HYPE
    HYPE
    HYPE

BUT SHIT MADHOUSE NEEDS NEW CHARACTER DESIGNER OR IT GONNA BE FKED UP REAL BAD. I DON'T WANT TO WATCH THAT SNEK SEX SCENE IN S1'S QUALITY!

2. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
  3. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I think I understood that as 'it's going to be an anime'
    Is that at all like Non Non Biyori?
    I like slice-of-life, and the pacing of that one was refreshing.

4. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Not too sure about pacing, Non Non Biyori was more about character developments and their daily lives, whereas Mitsuboshi Colors is more about daily hijinks and playtime of the characters, basically, it's a little more comedy skewed.

Give it a try 1 episode or so when it comes out, it should feel similar throughout the run, if you don't like episode 1, then probably not your cuppa.

1Frame_Dynamism likes this.
  5. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Member

May 30, 2010
    Uma Musume is happening, and it is going to be made by PA.

6. slipkwar

slipkwar Member

Dec 11, 2009
  7. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Jun 13, 2009
    We dead here yet? Really got into the whole reincarnated/transported to another world genre lately. Been binging light novels/mangs like crazy: Tsuki ga michibiku isekai douchuu; Kumo ga, Nanika?; Death March kara hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku; Arifureta; Dungeon Seeker; Seirei Gensouki; Knights and Magic, another one where he reincarnates as a sword and of course Yojou Senki. There is like a total flood of them out there right now.

8. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    The subforum is ded. And what you are posting should be in LN thread just below.

Darn, I think that the current trend is isekai. I'm reading Kono Sekai ga Game da to Ore dake ga Shitteiru (the author is actually a genius here, I laugh hard in this LN) ,Tsuki ga Michibiku, Death March (manga), Takarakuji de 40 Oku Atattanda kedo Isekai ni Ijuusuru
    , and a few others like Youjo Senki, Overlord. There are just a ton of these stories around.

Knights and Magic is a bit... boring? The premise is great, but gradually it becomes repetitive.

Btw, a bit off-topic (not anime), you should read Bokura no Kiseki. It is another "isekai" manga but it goes a total different way from other isekai stories. I wouldn't call that series another isekai manga, btw.

9. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I thought the flood of isekai/reincarnation stories was about 6 months or so ago?

Before that was the "transported/trapped/summoned in another world" theme, with stuff like SAO, Log Horizon and Overlord.

I guess there's a spike now cos of the translation time, but nevertheless, I did notice a larger amount of these.

Personally I stopped trying to read LN so much, I'm mainly following manga.

Dungeon Seeker, Spirit Migration, Isekai Pharmacist and World Teeacher.
    Manga are slower than the LN of course, but I can't really find the motivation to read all that (sometimes poorly) translated LNs.

10. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Yeah, my main gripe is usually the trash tier translations that make them a major chore to read. Right, also started readingSpirit Migration and Isekai Pharmacist too, though the LN for Isekai Pharmacist lost my interest when they started getting action scenes and stuff.

11. Louie!

Louie! Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Kissasian is being dmca'd
    Where2watch illegally? pika.png

12. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    What's the difference between "transported/trapped/summoned in another world" and isekai btw?

I think that the previous trend is VRMMO/VRMMO trap, getting to highlight by SAO. Afterward, the trend slowly shifts to isekai genre, notably Log Horizon (half VRMMO, half isekai) and Overlord (fully isekai genre with VRMMO backstory).

Frankly isekai LN/WNs have been around for a few years already.

Most stories translated are WNs, which have horrible writing complemented by horrible translation. Well, some are actually passable to read. Some stories are pretty interesting and funny. But quite a number turns out boring later, like World Teacher, Slimeguy or Knight and Magic.

13. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I guess they're mostly similar since isekai directly translates to "another world".

Just the mode of transport that brought them there I suppose?

One of the manga that I really want more chapters of is that Slime Tensei manga, the art is decent and the story seems interesting. I can't stand reading the novel though.

14. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Err... Pretty much the two aren't so different.

Slime Tensei manga is pretty good, but well, not to disappoint you, I have read to 7th volume of Slime Tensei and find later development is quite boring... Maybe it is the WN, and also because of the translation. I hope that the LN and its manga adaptation turn out to be better.

15. John Denmar

John Denmar New Member

Mar 31, 2017
    my profile pics from kobayashi san chi no maid dragon

16. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Member

May 30, 2010
    S2 confirmed.

17. slipkwar

slipkwar Member

Dec 11, 2009
    What kind of Friend are you?

18. Freaky Alien Genotype

Freaky Alien Genotype Moderator Staff Member

Jul 11, 2009
    In other news I was pleasantly surprised by the Ghost in the Shell movie. Between it and Edge of Tomorrow I would almost say Dragonball Evolution and Last Air Bender are forgiven for existing. Almost.

19. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Remembering this amazing scene!!

20. Freaky Alien Genotype

Freaky Alien Genotype Moderator Staff Member

Jul 11, 2009
    JoJo vs Kenshiro gogogogogogo

Abstract.Raze likes this.