1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

When will the season end and restart?

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by vorsybl, May 8, 2018.

  1. vorsybl

    vorsybl Member

    1,183
    41
    48
    Mar 17, 2015
    someone mentioned its happening soon
     
  2. Leadblast

    Leadblast Member

    5,024
    62
    48
    May 31, 2010
    June is my guess. Seasons are supposed to last six months bro.
     
  3. Thaelesk

    Thaelesk New Member

    89
    15
    8
    Oct 16, 2009
    Was around the end of November last year when it started so it should be about the end of this month.
     
    mapdesigner likes this.
  4. mapdesigner

    mapdesigner Member

    2,871
    146
    63
    Aug 11, 2011
    I still have 2 more matches for my callbration LOL
     
  5. Equivocal

    Equivocal Member

    5,466
    190
    63
    Feb 26, 2012
  6. lovestep

    lovestep Member

    860
    158
    43
    Jan 10, 2015
    This game is trash dude stop wasting your time
     
  7. ManOnTheCan

    ManOnTheCan Member

    4,511
    447
    83
    Aug 18, 2013
    Did you finally get banned?
     
    KinGe and mapdesigner like this.
  8. lovestep

    lovestep Member

    860
    158
    43
    Jan 10, 2015
    Not yet
    But that's mainly because I haven't had any time to play this game for a month
     
  9. inertiacreep

    inertiacreep Member

    477
    7
    18
    Oct 8, 2012
    oh man the new season of badges? im excited... maybe the will finally start matching me with my badge instead of crusader.
     
  10. kamukag3e

    kamukag3e Member

    3,764
    435
    83
    Jun 11, 2009
    @inertiacreep:
    Badges are purely cosmetic, why can't people understand that.

    The player's current rating is what make the pop up in your games.

    Anyone can reach a certain medal with his party or solo rating and drop 500-1,000 points by legit means but would appear (because you don't lose badges or use your other rating in that particular game solo/party) as higher rating then the others - if they watch only the badges that is.
     
  11. inertiacreep

    inertiacreep Member

    477
    7
    18
    Oct 8, 2012
    yea but what if they finally gave a meaningful MMR recalibration allowing you to recalibrate your number based on your badge.
    I mean all i do is rank up and up and up and still get crusader in my game. What if i were to get all legend in my game instead.
     
  12. kamukag3e

    kamukag3e Member

    3,764
    435
    83
    Jun 11, 2009
    @inertiacreep:
    I agree that there can be implemented slightly better alternatives to the calibration and re-calibration thus seasons and similar - but that would require a lot of work.

    Companies are usually not valuing the slight benefit for big investment.

    If 90% of the player-base are where they belong after 1,000 games, why would they need 'hard-reset' on their rating, when just a badge adjustment would be the same. Their skills won't magically increase over 10 games.
    And if 10% of the players have problem with that - why would you make a big mess for the other 90%.

    As I already stated, fluctuations are normal and expected, if someone manage to get high (or buy an account) and then sink - he most definitely deserve this, so why would the developers boost him artificially to the peak of his performance, when he might not be there right now.


    Everyone can play in higher bracket easily and if the have knowledgeable friends who can measure their performance unbiased can easily see how they (usually) under perform facing better foes.
    Namely - plant a subject with a team which are 2,000 rating higher each so the average rating will be 1,600 above the subject's.
    You can easily see how the difference between the enemies and the subject is quite bigger. Even if by chance he has reached that (or similar) rating at some point, not being there currently is what (usually) matters.