1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

What if we give Storm Bolt dotaImba attribute to sven via talent/aghanim?

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by KnightXIII, Feb 12, 2018.

1. KnightXIII

KnightXIII Member

Jun 11, 2009
    DotAimba is obviously "IMBA" but I really like alot of change in its
    1 of its is Sven Storm Bolt,instead of launching fist he launch himself to enemy

its will be stupid OP if its add as is to current gameplay
    but if its come via Talent or Aghanim,its should be great idea
    this will make sven more variable and dont need to stick with dagger anymore
    and will go really well with his reduce stormbolt cooldown

I also see alot really great idea from DOTA2Imba and hope some of its will go to main game..

Mimic likes this.
  2. Jolk

Jolk Member

Oct 16, 2009
    DotaImba has indeed a lot of Ideas and this one for sure would buff Sven's weakness, but as much as I would like it I doubt it would be good gameplay wise.
    For one because kiting sven is a good 'counter'/disadvantage for him and secondly making more and more heroes more mobile changes the game to a more LoL-like aspect, which isnt bad itself, but differs too much from Dota

But anyway I guess if we change his agha with this one, people would still prefer blink dagger, though with -9 seconds talent, it's neat, tough call

KnightXIII likes this.
  3. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    IMO it kind of ruins how his playstyle feels and reworks him in a completely different hero.
    Same reason why I usually t-down suggestions to give DK a charge. These are slow, hulking heroes and I'd rather have them strong and viable with as little mobility powercreep as possible.

And the current Aghs is amazing. It's not good mind you, but making your entire team SWOLE has a certain charm to it I don't think a basic 'stun gapcloser' that the genre is so oversaturated with can give.
    Sure, it's a bland aghs, but that's why it suits Sven so well.

As a talent, it's kind of iffy too. You just undo his biggest weakness? Like that? It doesn't give Sven a new playstyle either, he's the same ol' team-wiper except now he's very hard to kite.

GoD_Tyr and KnightXIII like this.
  4. fine93

fine93 Member

Feb 12, 2010
    post your genius idea on reddit and it's guaranteed to be added

5. Mimic

Mimic Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I say fuck chyeah

6. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Dota IMBA was a great collection of ideas, sadly they went back to their pre 7.00 system. Worst of all they reverted my lovely pudge changes.

7. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Member

Feb 15, 2012
  8. duble_dragon

duble_dragon Member

Jul 10, 2009
    The reason why heroes like Sven/DK severely lack mobility is because of their behemoth defensive abilities. Both of them are heavily armored heroes capable of taking hits while dishing out serious damage. The heroes with mobility are much more fragile in comparison. Giving Sven/DK mobility gives them a perfect triangle: Mobility, Reliable Damage, Bulkiness. You can only choose 2 or a very mediocre version of all 3. You want Sven to be more mobile? He's going to get his damage or bulk gimped. That's honestly all there is to say, otherwise he goes right back to being a top cancer pick. He works insanely well with high control lineups, the free blink makes him do the same without the need for a team.

9. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    dunt u think icefrog is doing dota imba? becuz many ideas came from there already (CM ulti agha)