1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Weird punishments handed

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by Leadblast, May 13, 2018.

1. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    So, yesterday I was playing Turbo matches to advance in the Cavern for my battlepass. And I got like 6 reports over that day, and at the end I got punished prevented from matchmaking by 24 hours and so I couldn't play with my main account for the remainder of the day. I didn't receive any warnings that I was going to eat a 24 hours ban or anything. I even had a full green conduct summary (0 abandons, <3 reports, 6 commends or so) prior to that point.

Now I woke up, started playing again, I was like 9 hours away from my punishment's deadline, I was just checking out the chat and my hero customs and things. Then game somehow CRASHED, it just closed on me without me actually closing it. I started it again, and no longer was I in this 24 hour ban period but I got placed in LPQ instead.

did someone else experience something weird like this, or is it just me?

2. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    You bought a battlepass? Why would you pay money for a dead game?

3. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Valve hypnosis juju.

4. RNGeezus

RNGeezus Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Only thing I can imagine is that the reports had not finished registering and when they did they sent you to LPQ. Ive had it where I've abandonded a game and then queued up for another game and then after that game I was in LPQ.

5. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    I had to win 5 LP games to get out. I just won 2 games aaaaaaand... I'm out now. wp Volvo

Yeah but I think in your case you got a number of reports in your second game (and possibly the first as well). Since just 1 abandon alone is not enough to send you to LPQ. It has to be 1 abandon + a number of reports.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018