1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

US players are just bigger

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Mimic, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Mimic

Mimic Member

Aug 30, 2011
    US teams are so much smarter than any other team and have much bigger dicks...
    1. Better execution
    2. More aggressive
    3. Stronger will
    Sometimes I think Asian teams only think about numbers.

Wings had better stats than E.G. but the Americans stomped them by studying Wings game harder.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. SirPinkyNose

SirPinkyNose Member

Nov 19, 2011
    American teams are very top-heavy. They have like top 2 teams which are 2 of the strongest team in the world and the top 3 falls far behind.

3. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Have the the top "American" teams are Asian (east/south). Envy, Aui, Universe, 1437, MSS.

4. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    NA teams are now the strongest and people want to base it off your origin of birth instead of citizenship?

Fucking christ, why not just say every team is African and leave it at that.

5. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    If I move to China do I suddenly become Asian? If I move to Israel do I suddenly become Jewish?

6. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Can I ask how you found out? :ball:

7. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Clearly you've never seen the infamous Clinton Loomis picture :cat:

8. SirPinkyNose

SirPinkyNose Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Mentioning about that picture alone could get you an infraction considering the sheer amount of nsfw it contains.

9. henpara

henpara Member

Aug 14, 2009
  10. 2ndSerpentarius

2ndSerpentarius New Member

May 7, 2015
    Bigger around the waist maybe.
    When all but your top 4 teams are getting wrecked by Peruvians, when you can't even fill TI invite spots, you can't really call yourself a top tier region.

11. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    TI6?

Not like EU is good. EU gets rekt by VP (Russia is as EU as Peru is NA). They've got what, OG and MAYBE Liquid? No better than NA.

iLag likes this.
  12. iLag

iLag Member

Jul 19, 2012
    most eu teams are actually trash honestly, especially from the regions most EU players are from (Scandinavia). A team from those countries havent been good in ages, and i m a liquid fan btw. And I dont really care of these region discrepancies

13. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I'm from EU but my favorite players are Artour and EternalEnvy so I'll have to agree that NA pro players are simply better waifu's. Purge is also American I believe.

On the other hand we have SirActionSlacks who got second place at TI on an NA team, so even the little talent we have is escaping to NA.

Too bad Complexity compensates for this disparity in talent, making EU and NA equal.

14. henpara

henpara Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I wont comment on the EU vs NA part, but this comment
    Is just terribly false. Why? Because a part of russia actually lies on EU (continent europe) while the whole of peru is located outside of northern america. Peru isnt even central america, but south america. So russia is more like Cuba or Mexico (both still bad comparisons) than Peru.

15. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Europe being a continent makes no geographical sense. Eurasia is a more apt term.
    Besides, if you look at CIS countries on the map you'll see they cover a massive part of asia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Independent_States
    The reason it's even called CIS and not EU is because they are divided.

You can't base your logic just on how the continents are placed, or else you'll find that you might as well include CIS with CN.
    And again, Europe is not a continent, but an union. The only reason people call it a continent is because it has a very 'western culture', but I find that an ignorant and narcisstic way of looking at it, because in Asia itself there are cultural differences that are just as big as the entire 'West vs East' one. If Europe is a continent because of it's western culture, then India should also be a continent (India has even more reason of being considered one, as it was actually a detached continent that drifted into Asia, which is why the Himalaya mountains exist).

If anything, Russia is more CN than it is European with this argument.

16. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    There is the continent of Europe and there is the European Union. People will use EU to refer to either of these things very much interchangeably.

17. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    The continent of Europe exists by convention only. Why use such an arbitrary concept to decide what regions belong with one another?

18. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Its not necessarily arbitrary. Separation by continent goes pretty far back in history.

19. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    It is arbitrary because there is no reason to define Europe as a continent and not put India as one either.
    Geographically it's false, culturally the continent system makes no sense either. So if it's not founded in logic and reason, what can it be other than arbitrary?

Edit: And what I meant was that the division on the teams based on this outdated system rather than real reasons such as location and playerbase is arbitrary.
    Forgot my first response here.
    Saying EU and CIS have to be together because they are the on same continent ss just as arbitrary as saying NA should include South America because they are both America.

20. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    There are reasons, just do the research. Like I said there is tons of history around it.