1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

[TWEAK]Leap

Discussion in 'Visual & Gameplay Ideas' started by Blamagenkind, Jun 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    As we all know, Mirana turns during Leap if auto attack is on. It might not be the same for everyone but this has bugged me for quite a while, this also prevents Mirana from leaping consecutively. I know we can use hotkeys to toggle the auto attack off before, but I feel like it shouldn't be like that. Here's a couple of ideas how to stop that from happening.

Mirana is Disarmed while leaping.
    Or disables turning while leaping.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. matrice

matrice Member

Sep 14, 2009
    mirana doesn't turn cause of auto attack, she turns cause last order is not canceled by leap. (and it should NOT change)

If your last movement click is shorter than the leap the same thing will happen.
    Arbitrary canceling the last order of mirana before the leap will just have some stupid consequences, like unallowing her to instantly attack at the end of the leap, switching target etc... There's absolutely no reason to change current behaviour.

Your second idea, (blocking turning while leap) is a big nerf to mirana. She's the most successfull hero or the ti qualifier, so why not nerf her this way.

Blamagenkind likes this.
  3. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Right, that's a good reason.
    But I'm talking about the times when AA is on and you try to leap through a cliff or in a small area with small paths. She just can't Leap consecutively in this situation. It's more of a QOL change.
    This turning during leap was a remnant of the "back-arrow" days of wc3. Absolutely no reason for it to be there as it can't be done anymore. ;)

For people having this problem btw, this can be remedied by 'directional move.'
    Although I think needing to do this just to make the skill work the way it should is enough reason to change it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018