1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Tower Power Ebbing

Discussion in 'Visual & Gameplay Ideas' started by SirBenedict, Oct 14, 2016.

1. SirBenedict

SirBenedict New Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Hey guys. This illusion meta is getting to me and also the long sieges. So I think we need a new way to accelerate the sieges at some points of the game. I have a two suggestions.

• Time of Day. Every in game Dota Day, there is 8 minutes. 4 minutes for Day and 4 minutes for Night. Now what if we divide it further. I'm not saying we add a new time, like afternoon or dawn, but what if during those times we get power reductions and power increases.
      • Remember that all atttacks have low and high-rolls in Dota. What if the game uses the time of day to affect this high and low rolls. More specifically, starting at zero timer, damage increases until it maxes then decreases back to low roll.
        • inb4 its a too complicated of gameplay. I believe it is not. We already have low roll and high roll in place, so why not just adjust it to the timing of the game for them to force pushing at designated times or to not push. Of course this would be completely normal after a while like CD reduction where it was amazing at first then lack luster in the end. It just accelerates the normal pushing, absent of any heroes and making the game faster.
    • Tower Cluster Fuck. Heroes get armor from tower right? Where does that armor come from? I believe that the tower should suffer a penalty for number of Allied Heroes in the tower range. Conversely Number of Enemy Heroes and Illusions buffs the tower up.
      • This leads to a positioning change that the team needs to prioritize or ignore for the sake of the team fight. Also it nerfs illusion strats.

2. hex!

hex! New Member

Oct 25, 2016
    This sounds really cool, but it feels like an unnecessary mechanic that would unbalance the game even more.

3. Black Arrow

Black Arrow Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I think the armor comes from the confidence of the heroes themselves. I mean if there was an energy blasting cannon on top of my house, Id feel so secure as well.

4. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    lol you probably get calls from the government also. (looking @ you pintsize)