1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

"Today I learned"

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by Leadblast, May 23, 2018.

1. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    Today I learned...

With DK, you can rush Armlet. Max Dragon Blood first as usual. This in itself is a common build, but when you get to level 20, you can choose the talent that doubles the armor and HP regen from Dragon Blood. If you have an Abyssal Blade by this point (which is not that bad on him, considering a lot of enemy carries will get a BKB to avoid Dragon Tails in fights) you can leave Armlet always active, and all the HP regen you have stacked from your passive and the Abyssal itself cancels out the Armlet's degen completely.

This is better than having the usual Armlet + Heart combo because the Heart's regen is shut down by enemy hero or Roshan damage. But standard HP regen won't.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Armlet is well known 'best DPS item cost-efficiency wise for strength based cores'.
    Maxing Dragon Blood is not common. Maxing Dual Breath is.
    Soul Ring into Armlet would still be better on DK, because Dual Breath will give you the opportunity to flash farm much earlier.

Abyssal is bad on DK, not the worst you can build, but definitely not the best usage of 6,750 gold.

DK have issues with low DPS, not with EHP, regeneration or crowd control abilities.

In conclusion the build can be helpful, but more common will be to hinder your proper carry (semi-carry) impact.

3. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I don't think he can read this

4. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Yeah well lots of people can't read, and DC is the perfect place to herd them.

Eli_Green, flamegod0 and kamukag3e like this.
  5. Black_Ice

Black_Ice Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I sure wish DK actually had dual breath... A slow and a stun would surely propel him much farther than he currently is.

6. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    With Mirana I did a new AOE caster build with the following:

Agha's
    Linken's
    Mjollnir
    % spell amplification talent
    Octarine Core
    (my sixth item had to be a Gem due to an enemy Slark)

It had impressive potential for teamfights. But that wasn't all... the best part was PERMA INVISIBLE TEAM with the level 25 ult cd reduction talent (along with the Octarine obviously)

the enemy team was forced to also take a Gem at some point near the end (because we were destroying them every single time)

we lost in the end but only because our main hard carry Juggernaut was a stupid bitch and abandoned without an explanation, but we were rather good up to that point