1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

TI7 Immortals III Preview

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by DotaSerbia, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Wish Sand King's immortal affected his other abilities, instead of Caustic Finale.

MrFrank likes this.
  2. Mr. BoB

Mr. BoB Member

Sep 28, 2009
    I'm more concerned with the utter lack of quality control. Ffs brighter/flashier/laser + over the top =/= good.

Ostarion and Z01d like this.
  3. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I'm really underwhelmed by these immortals. Thankfully they're not on any heroes I play and I'm not tempted to get any of them.

4. Animus2280

Animus2280 Member

Sep 28, 2010
    It's no different from buying a car, new vs used. You're obviously going to get way more value if you go to second-hand sites like lootmarket and not pay the capitalistic black hole aka Valve. The only sets I've purchased in the last 3 years cost $3 and below.

It's amazing how they screwed over the rare/mythical drop system (or just drops in general) since 2014, when in theory Valve can generate an infinite # of digital "products." And don't even dare fucking tell me it's "for the vendors' own good" to keep prices inflated, because Valve could just come up with a compromise solution, i.e. make rare/mythical items non-droppable until, let's say, 4 months after the set's been released. This would also hinder sandboxie item farmers, which was one of the alleged reason for the removal of drops. They aren't gonna make shit if the each "rare" worth 50 cents, a sum that barely covers electricity costs unless you're living in a slum in the Philippines.

Not to mention they can use the drops as an incentive to improve player behavior (carrot) instead of their failed LPQ system (stick), which today consists of no punishments meted out except for abandoning excessively.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  5. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I really, really, really strongly expected a Troll immortal, instead we got a bunch of particles-saturated headwear for a bunch of right-clickers that already have enough items, for the most part.

Wouldn't have killed them to release a immortal for BM (poor bastard hardly has any sets as it is), or for Lich (well he got one last year but I'd like more), or for Doom, or Oracle, or Jakiro, or Lion, or Underlord.

Nope, here's a Spectre uni-tit, here's a glowing double-phallus for Weaver, here's another giant Sven sword for your giant Sven sword collection, enjoy.

6. ark-eXodia

ark-eXodia Member

May 12, 2010
    LC got immortal again , great my pub game will be filled with LC jungler again

7. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    This year's immortals are utter trash. Can't wait to sell this garbage to unsophisticated bitches on Steam market.

8. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    It's a "let's act sirprised that popular heroes get hats" episode

MrFrank likes this.
  9. Mimic

Mimic Member

Aug 30, 2011
    The golden weaver bugs are the only ones I would notice in game.

10. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator Staff Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Well, majority of players spam cores. So us supports get only scraps.

MrFrank likes this.