1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

This is the worst version ever.

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by Redeemed A.I., Nov 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM.

1. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that by now I have no favorite heroes in the meta game pool. All "alternative" casters have been destroyed including invoker,lancer,broodmother,maybe visage,razor and meepo.I've just witnessed several meepo 7k players being completely dominated as their treads dagger builds no longer work.
    The reason is the stupid auto hitting hard carries like troll,antimage and bristleback and maybe storm which I see almost every single bloody game. They seem to be the unbeatable powerhouses of this meta . They can only be defeated using someone else from the pool.

I'm not for harsh words,but for once I must say this version is shit.Total garbage.The regeneration system is favoring the early hard carries and punishes the casters who require intense mana regen but do not want to buy mana regen items,because guess what,it's not in their good item list.

So unless you like auto hitting or pick a support who supports those auto hitters this version is not for you. It's deffinitely not for me and for once I must say the developers let me down.

TL;DR Trying to play some favorite hard to play heroes,they are totally not viable ,version favors stupid auto hitters and slimy supports .GG LoL inspired balance.BB doto.

2. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Redeemed A.I.:
    Didn't you say the same thing about the previous version ... and the version before that ?
    If every version is the worst, than no one is.

Also - you are wrong on those assumption on the 'hard carry theory' are wrong.
    Those are hard carries and will always win a 45+ minute games unless facing other hard-carry heroes.
    It was like that since the creation of the game, only the one defined as 'carry' were changed and the length of the average game. If it's longer hard carries are in favorable positions, a lot of the time versions were shortening the average game time, thus making those heroes irrelevant.

3. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    lmao you think Brood was nerfed?

Eli_Green and Mr. BoB like this.
  4. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Member

Jun 10, 2009
    The spiders hp was halved was it not? She is no longer invisible,but she can walk freely,a trade off in the right direction. Her talents though?A joke.

No I didn't...did I?I remember arguing about the same heroes though but never calling a version shit version,trash or whatever vile vomiting thing this is.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:57 PM
  5. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Redeemed A.I.:
    On the topic of Broodmother, summons suffer half HP but gained 50% spell resistance and +8 armor, so no trade-off unless you build them armor/spell resist items, which give less benefit, but the talent for +350 health for summons is tremendously buffed that way.

The loss of invisibility is hurting the hero a little, but unless at least 3 heroes commit all of their spells (and there are plenty of stuns in them) - you can forget about killing her.

No hard carry was directly buffed, AM is not stronger then before and had plenty of games where it loses to other heroes, as far as heroes goes, no hero other than Storm deserves the title of being Overpowered by the changes. He benefits directly from one item and the new regeneration mechanics significantly boost his power and alter his build for the better.

6. Abdulink

Abdulink Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Much better than the shit necro/veno nightmare.

7. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Every single version is worse than the last. Dota should never have been created from Warcraft 3.

Eli_Green likes this.
  8. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    EHP against physical and Magical are roughly the same with the armor and magic resist changes, I think. Less HP but better resist has better synergy with HP regen. Sure, they are extremely vulnerable to pure damage now, but usually that is pretty easily avoidable.

Also her new webs are so much better than the crappy invis webs. Abusing free pathing is definitely not a joke. And her talents are roughly the same, if not better.

9. DasKobold

DasKobold Member

Sep 5, 2014
    I'd say she is very strong now, invis was not that important anyway because people always kind of knew where you were and if not they would buy a million sentries. But now you can walk over terrain even if you took damage. ES comes in to block your path? No problem, just walk over his Fissure.

This. When I play ability draft and brood skills are an option I go for web and spiderlings. These skills are very strong and even say op on a hero with decent stats. So far I played a nyx and lycan with brood skills and they were insanely strong. Enemy comes to gank you? Just walk into the trees or over a cliff, they have to walk around it to catch you.

10. Abdulink

Abdulink Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Your sarcasm is bloody awful. Just saying.

11. Mr. BoB

Mr. BoB Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Seems more than okay to me. Autism should not be rewarded in this game, be it Invoker or Meepo. Those 7ks need to learn how to play properly instead of spamming that monotone garbage.
    Why are you complaining about treads dagger build not being viable? Imagine another heroes with treads dagger, they also get shat on. It's just fair now.
    Welcome to oldschool dota, where meme heroes are actually memes instead of "muhskill".
    Whats disgusting about all of this is that you may have actually played that garbage game, and yet still have no clue what you're talking about.
    This is not LoL dota, the patch before this? It was as close as dota got to heroes of the storm, ever. Dota has never been in the same boat as LoL, Valve knows it cant compete with the shitty playerbase Riot has, so they opt for the HoTs clone approach and whatnot. Several patches later, after the playerbase dropped a whopping 30%, they decide to start returning to their roots, and what happens? People start complaining about shitty meme heroes being nerfed, and about how their overrated idols are falling from grace.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 9:29 PM
  12. Z01d

Z01d Member

Feb 26, 2014
    This is actually a very interesting observation.

Another thing people usually don't consider is what kind of player base is desired by the company making the game.
    If you can't compete with raw numbers you have to find something else. Why would anyone want a community of 95% poorfag shit stains? If you lose some of those but make a better experience for the core audience, so be it. Going for the mass appeal usually hurts in the long run especially if you try to compete with someone out of your league :cat:
    I'd rather play enjoyable games and lose then wanting to kill myself during and after each game.

Mr. BoB likes this.
  13. Brambl3claw

Brambl3claw Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Ofc this game took a dump on casters.

Casters can't kill that squishy support any longer, because of the huge magic resist from int.

Supports can't stun the appropriate players, because of the huge status resist on tanks.

All the new stats, bonuses did was nerf supports and buf carries and tanks. We known this for a while. Oh look lets make squishy supports more tanky, by not giving them higher physical resist, but instead making it so other casters are shit.

Pfft

14. MuddyTextures

MuddyTextures New Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Worse then 6.83 sniper meta or 6.84 storm spirit meta? I'm skeptical.

15. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Thank god I missed that boat then.I did not play 7.06 at all .

Mr. BoB likes this.
  16. BloodRampage-

BloodRampage- Member

Nov 9, 2013
    so funny when people go 'omg supports got buffed so much, carry cm ftw' every patch when actually its just a bunch of ultra-situational cheese that matters in barely 1% games

90% of the mechanic changes in every patch favour right-clicker melees heroes who can permabash you to death, while ranged cores get a bunch of cheesy 999999 damage nukes (just roflmao @ current morph, zero mana issues, just rush Eblade and run around 1shotting heroes) in order to keep up with the melee powecreep, and those who dont fit either category are just plain trash heroes.... oh and traditional supports remain as your boring/predictable-as-fuck-free-gold-bags-after-20mins because we still need to satiate the egos of no-lifer carry spamming fucks

i suppose its 'fine' in pro games and whatnot, but pubs are just total shit where picking the stronger carries/greedy 'supports' = win (either that or you rax the enemy in 20mins and its a complete 1-sided bash, which is equally unsatisfying)... and it gets more pronounced with every patch

17. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yeah see what I mean? 50% ehp against spells,but not against physical damage or cleave. They have now half the hp against cleave and split shot.On top of having to face the wrath of legion/sven/antimage fury/tiny anti picks now you also have to face a medusa or possibly even a gyro who will shit on your spiders ,feed on their gold and then have a spider leg soup dinner...
    I'd trade the magic resistance for raw hp any other day .

Yeah it's kinda like this.

18. BloodRampage-

BloodRampage- Member

Nov 9, 2013
    cleave 1shotted spiders anyway, 50% less hp doesnt really do shit there tbh... you think sven or BF am really cares about spiders taking 1 hit more?

that said i dont even get the rationale behind that change...

19. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Remember that inside Brood Web is 70% MS and 8 charges of it means it is impossible to chase a fleeing Brood unless you have Spirit Breaker.

Brood is still "counterpick her or you are screwed" type of heroes.

20. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Switching to a pure support hero pool has already given me several wins. Wisp is especially easy mode and I do wonder why he has less than 40% win rate.