1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

The International 2017 - Main Event

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Blarrg, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    No, it's that they have different niches. You can't devote all the time of the panel to discuss stats, whilst PPD is more flexible in that regard (and that he's one of the best captains in the history of Dota helps). He's personally played against many of those players, and can show us more of the mindset of players.
    That and PPD is the saltlord, he can banter very well with a panel so it doesn't feel as much as he's the only one talking.

All of Nahaz's problems (other than twitter rants perhaps) would be fixed if he just got his own short segment, kind of like the weatherman but with stats. After TI7 there will be Midas mode, where Nahaz will have an opportunity to change his reputation around if they handle it correctly.

2. xXinvoker420Xx

xXinvoker420Xx Member

Apr 5, 2014
    boy am i glad that na got dumpstered, the quality from chinese teams this year has been amazing

Eli_Green likes this.
  3. juraculation

juraculation Member

Aug 5, 2013
    nadota on suicide watch

4. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I very clearly listed out things he needs to objectively improve on. Being reasonable isn't whiteknighting, if you don't like him then you don't like him, but you can't call him a bad host simply because he is different from Redeye.

5. Tolsimir

Tolsimir Member

Jul 15, 2012
    NA Dota got rekt. FeelsGoodMan.

No shit it's just an opinion. What was your point with that sentence again? Also I have no idea how you got all of these from the little paragraph I typed. I actually don't hate Day9, I just wish he would focus more on being entertaining and creating a good atmosphere, instead of talking about Dota. He has 3 pros on the panel who can talk about that. And I agree, he improved a lot throughout the event. The fact that Redeye>Day9 isn't really an opinion though :).

6. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    To tell you that an opinion is not a justification as to why some "should" do something differently than how they are currently doing it.

The last paragraph was directed towards the general opinion that I've been seeing, mostly from reddit. Notice I said "people" and not "you." I could've been more clear I suppose.

It is, but okay.

7. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    The problem with Day9 is either he's too professional or that he sounds too professional even when he's trying not to.

He also doesn't do a lot of casual banter (his banters are usually self centered aka pub matches) unlike Machine.

Blarrg likes this.
  8. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Gotta worry about the GabeN banhammer :cat:

9. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Man, this TI is just gr8 for a China fangay like me~ literally the only thing i'm unhappy about is Chairman Mao's team getting eliminated so early.

It's too bad that Team Liquid was matched against VP instead of IG... Seeing how IG already beat them before we could've had 4 Chinese teams in the top 4 lmao xD

China numba wan!

10. Berceuse

Berceuse Member

Feb 4, 2013
    probably the worst ti so far in terms of game quality.

11. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    FUcking Robots ruining everything

12. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    There is something about the game that feels too swingy, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Draft definitely feels far more important than it was even last year, but there is something else happening in games that make them seem like stomps. Are observer wards and other vision based mechanics (Kotl/NS Aghs) too OP? Are defensive items too OP?

Not really sure what it is.

13. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Its the mid lane getting an extra creep that erupted the tri/dual mid meta so Nyx gets perma banned, that's why it feels stale because there's more focus on mid now. Its kinda like TI3 with the Batrider Wisp bans imo

14. theonly_USA_pro

theonly_USA_pro Member

Mar 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

If I had any hats left to bet, Liquid chokes on Game 2 & 3 LBF and viewership drops by half because nobody wants to see China vs China Grand Finals especially when headed by hours of Day9 talking constantly.

MrFrank likes this.
  15. Berceuse

Berceuse Member

Feb 4, 2013
    my analysis:

4 bounty runes per 2 minutes ensures that teams getting kills on heroes are going to receive substantially more gold because of net worth/exp. Shrines encourage teamfighting at a much higher rate, and amplifying further my first point. Power spikes created by talent trees further the power of winning teams. Talent trees offer much more offensive bonuses than having the defensive/offensive +20 stats, and you can see how fast buildings and heroes melt, solidifying winning teams' positions, and consequently they would likely have the first level 25 heroes, granting them massive power spikes. With increased exp gain, even the losing team will have many high level heroes, and thus losing a teamfight will result in 2-3 people always buying back due to high respawn timers. Shrines are exposed at t3 tower death, so the losing team gets fucked even more, while the winning team will almost never lose map/roshan control at that point due to their shrines being invulnerable.

The meta has literally never changed since 6.84 and it is the same head ramming 5v5 all game. Hero diversity is nice, but it doesn't matter when they are going to be used for the same purpose: teamfighting. There is absolutely nothing viable outside of teamfighting (which this TI is so full of). I don't know where redditors get "4p1 is viable, split push is viable, everything is viable!! good patch" 4p1 is nonexistent after ti3 (think rubick/doom mids were popular) split-push, and any other lineups as core strategies are terrible now, (ti3 alliance) and because players get bounty runes and aoe xp shoved up their asses every 2 minutes you'll never see something brilliant like this http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/472373-strategy-over-skill-alliance-ascendant and players get less punished for not learning efficient farming methods.

There are so many problems with this game I'm not going to bother explaining it all, but reverting the patch to anything before 6.82 will fix it. The most hilarious change has to be the jungle nerf, where it was already teamfight-heavy and the only option for an underfarmed core to catch up was to farm the jungle, which they nerfed.... so the only option is to teamfight, because smoke ganking with 4 is already game losing. They are actively trying to avoid balance at this point. This grand final better deliver.

Mr. BoB likes this.
  16. Berceuse

Berceuse Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Do you really think it is that extra 40 gold creep that summons those couple heroes down mid? I don't think so. It is detrimental to not have a couple heroes mid, because of people can tp to shrines and execute a quick smoke gank. Also the proximity of bounty runes allow roamers to consistently sit mid with little consequence.

17. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Buff position 5 xd

18. InThoX

InThoX Member

Mar 15, 2014
    cant agree. skillwise its been insane so far. not so much for individual play, but rather for teamplay as a whole.

also laning phase is crazy important (contrary to PD's opinion), if u lose it hard ull likely get stomped.

the only thing i dislike is how fast towers/buildings melt. we are at a point where teams often just go for the t4's, not bothering about lanes as they melt so quickly.

19. InThoX

InThoX Member

Mar 15, 2014
    ye, splitpushing is totally ded

20. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    NA has always been trash. Hopefully, Arteezy fanbois will realize he isn't that good.

I have been rooting for Liquid since day 1, and I hope they take it. But honestly, Miracle has already shown some insane plays, so I am satisfied by whatever outcome. He is already a legendary player in my book. I mean, they have all improved dramatically, and I love it.