1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

[Terrorblade] Guide - Getting out of Elo Foulfell (2K MMR)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Overpowerade, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overpowerade

Overpowerade Member

Apr 6, 2016
    UPDATE: This guide is going through major changes/testing. Many replies have said many things about TB, and I am inclined to test them. It may take two years, or a month.

Summary

1. Pick TB
    2. Farm properly
    3. Have good map awareness
    4. Win game

Tips and tricks

• Your team is bad.
    • Build around your team being bad.
    • Your team is not good.
    • Do not assume they are good.
    • Assume they are good for an immense disappointment.

MMRs this has been tested

2K - 3K. Have not tested getting out of 3K trench, though it seems to be working.

Game Strategy

Farm the entire game. Take towers when opportunity presents itself. You can fight with your team once you have Skadi.

Game Plan

Ban Legion Commander. She will counter you if any of the nine players pick her and go jungle. All 5 enemies will counter you with LC whether or not she goes jungle. That hero should be dropped into the depths of Elo Foulfell, where she can rage against the matchmaking system for all eternity.

Start out with Iron Talon and whatever suits your fancy. Even a courier. Especially a courier.

Go to the jungle. Terrorblade in low MMRs actually has more impact as a jungler than a laner, due to your team's lack of brains.

As a jungle Terrorblade, you can get a nice pick-off when you feel like it, or just safely farm a Yasha while your lanes die around you (but since the enemy team does not have a brain, they do not bother actually taking the towers).

Start by AFKing in the fountain until 0:08, then conjuring an image and going straight to the nearest medium camp (the second-nearest). Arrive there at 0:30, and conjure an image along the way once it has come off cooldown.

Farm a Poor Man's Shield, and possibly half the gold required for Raindrop (or the whole thing and more), then head back to base.

You should be at base at around the time the first Raindrop comes in stock.

Always remember to stack and use your Iron Talon.

Next, you want to keep jungling, and build the following items:

Treads, because it is free if you use Tread-switching in conjunction with Infused Raindrop regeneration (6-8 min).

Yasha, because you need the MS more than the extra range from Dragon Lance (10 minutes).

Boots of Travel because you need more MS (13-15 min).

Try to get the enemy T1 tower before getting Boots of travel. If you don't get it before Boots of Travel, get it after.

Now, just repeat the following farming pattern and build your Manta, followed by your Skadi.

Farming Pattern

TP to the offlane creepwave if your wave is in the area between your offlane T1 and their safelane T1 (both possibly destroyed).

Kill creeps.

Kill the nearest hard camp.

Kill more creeps.

Kill the nearest safe camp.

Kill more creeps.

Send all your illusions to A-click push the lane.

Run back to the hard camp next to your Ancients.

Farm it.

Farm, or don't farm Ancients. It's up to you.

Send remaining illusions to push mid (if it is not pushed).

Kill every creep in your jungle (I have not optimised it. It varies based on your team's farming patterns)

Push bottom.

Repeat.

Or just farm every creep you see. I have TB telling me which camp to farm.

Teamfight decision making

A-click enemies.

Press Q.

Press R if your HP is low.

Why are you even in a teamfight if you can't win by doing that?

Go push a tower.

Terrorblade is capable of getting a counter-tower at the same speed as 5 other heroes pushing a tower at once.

How to kill a tower?

Use Conjure Image. Use Manta. Use Metamorphosis. Move your camera to the teamfight. Back if a farmed carry TP back. Kill everything else.

Items

You want Yasha and Boots of Travel. You need them to acquire a movement speed advantage over the enemy team.

(I have not tested Drums, but I don't think Drums provide adequate stats or MS to be worth 1800 gold)

You get Manta because Manta dispels everything.

You get Skadi because bulk.

After Skadi, you want to fill your remaining 3 slots with the following stat items:

Ethereal Blade (Phys/Magical bulk, highest illusion DPS)

Another Skadi (Magical bulk)

Butterfly (Physical bulk)

Why not [ITEM]?

Lance - Inferior Yasha, bugged item at night.

HotD - No. Just no.

Satanic - Also no.

Heart - It grants no damage. Health can only carry you so far.

Deso - I tested Deso vs EB (with the rest of the build being Manta, Skadi, Travels, Treads) and it only has a 4 second advantage over EB. However, EB grants 10 STR, and 40 AGI that will help your illusions survive longer every push.

Worst enemies

Farron's Undead Legion Commander. She has an ability that will kill any illusion taking >400% damage, and Terrorblade's Images take 450% damage.

On top of that, if she is on your team, you are left with no jungle to farm easily without harass.

Goblin Tinkerer (he reforges your items to give them the worst modifier, then he excrete exploding robots on you)

Nothing else is a counter. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. Lion? Nope. Pugna? Nope.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. TimeLord95

TimeLord95 New Member

Oct 26, 2012
    I saw a Terroblade post, and was very eager to read it. Sub 3k? Cool i can relate to this, sadly.
    But when i saw this :

i lost my shit.
    I'm fucking done.

Slapdash_Scott likes this.
  3. Overpowerade

Overpowerade Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Let me tell you why jungle is ALWAYS better than lane sub 3K (assuming 1 jungler)

• People pick playmaker heroes
    • They need XP
    • They can't last hit or farm
    • Your supports can direct their attention to somewhere else without having to worry about you being gibbed
    • In the case of no supports, jungle TB requires no supports.
    • More XP.
    • Team is incapable of last-hitting.
    • Random QoP solo offlane getting 3 kills because people always over-estimate the offlaner.
    Lane is only truly better than jungle when your team has a brain. Sadly, that does not happen in sub 4K.

4. ArtourIsMyBoy

ArtourIsMyBoy New Member

Oct 8, 2016
  5. Overpowerade

Overpowerade Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Are you from reddit?

You seem overly judgemental for your lack of game knowledge.

6. ArtourIsMyBoy

ArtourIsMyBoy New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I'm not judging, just letting you pick.

7. SirPinkyNose

SirPinkyNose Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Jungling TB is old news actually. It's just that you're jungling while hogging all the farm, so all your safelane, mid and offlane actually have to make space for you to farm.
    It actually works wonder in low mmr. People there often start forgetting about farming pass 15 minutes anyway so using a greedy core will actually benefit your team.

8. Lance_R

Lance_R New Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Why there is a shitpost here? double boots in 15 min? no dragonlance? can't win against legion? jungle terrorblade? just because its work on 2k sea, doesn't mean it works on others. You are just abusing those low mmr people with a playstyle not with terrorblade, as soon as you get to higher mmr you will notice the decrease of winrate.

9. UloseTheGame

UloseTheGame New Member

Dec 11, 2014
    This needed to be immortalized in stone :D

10. Judokasarin

Judokasarin New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    It feels like a shortcut to gaining MMR and after a certain MMR people will start losing hard cause all they have learned from 1k-3k is how to terro jungle

11. Augar

Augar New Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Name 1 hero bad at jungling. You can't. Talon too good.

12. Tahinpekmez

Tahinpekmez Member

Oct 28, 2011
    SWM.

13. Bokoloony

Bokoloony New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Hi,
    I'll have to agree with some of the detractors that this guide does need some work, though TB jungle is certainly legit. For those who think it isn't, think about it for a sec: TEN (10!) ARMOR lvl1, low BAT, good base damage, 2 base HP regen, illusions benefit from PMS, iron talon OP anyways, what more do you even need?

However, as someone else pointed out, wtf is with double boots? Get an aquila instead of treads... or drums if you value ms as much as you say...

Dragon Lance is not automatic on TB (unlike yasha I guess) but I think you should built it around 95% of the times.....

If you're going full "wolves need no armour" style (finish game with 0/0/0 KDA), you might as well get desolator and AC. You talk very little about what items you need except manta/travels. I don't know how obvious it is that butterfly is great, so is skadi, heart, diffusal in some games, silver edge, e-blade in others..... Daedalus and/or MKB if you're not aiming for 0/0/0.... BKB sometimes....

I dunno guys....

14. dimwit105

dimwit105 Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Try to pull off a jungling phoenix. You can't, you cant do it. You will be many levels behind.

15. Overpowerade

Overpowerade Member

Apr 6, 2016
    It works on 3K SEA too (to a certain extent).

Legion is not that bad (on the enemy team), after the blademail nerf and Infused Raindrop being in the game. It's mainly the fact that she steals your jungle if she is on your team now.

-----Post added at ******-----

1). Treads is so you can tread-switch to maintain 2 illusions every single camp.

2). Dragon Lance is trash. I gave it 5 chances, and the reduction in farming speed is way too much of a cost. On top of that, Dragon Lance is also slightly bugged (sometimes, if you just A-click a tower, your illusions will be just within attack range). It might be due to how night vision range may not have a unit model size buffer, while both Towers and Heroes having a unit model size buffer when range is taken into account.

3). Yeah, but if your MMR is high, you can pull off stuff like trilanes and your supports will actually have a brain in which case your games will actually resemble a pro game (to a certain extent)

(tl;dr team sucks argument)
    What's your Lance/Yasha item timing?

I might need to increase my farming speed.
    You can fight after Skadi.

I used to get Heart, then I realised that if I need Heart, I'm probably doing something wrong. Second Skadi is so much better.

Diffusal only for things that require purge (not even WK, since the mana burn can't keep up with TB's damage).

EB is good.

I haven't tried Daedalus (mainly because TB already shreds things).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  16. Bokoloony

Bokoloony New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Jungle phoenix is actually not the worse. Problem is you need level 3 for two points in spirits. I guess many heroes suddenly become viable junglers if you grant them level 3. But let me get my point across:

Start with a point in spirits, and you can immediately farm/leech the pull camps (BIG and small ones) by pulling. The difference with any other hero is that you'll be helping your creeps a ton by reducing the attack speed of the neutrals.

You can stack 2-3 camps at once with Dive and/or spirits. Once you reach level 3, well you have a 480 AoE magic DOT that reduces attack speed by 100 for 16 seconds.... So you can jungle quite effectively, especially if you stacked once or twice.

Anyways, you won't get any more behind than if you carefully don't leech your carry's exp, or if you're carefully zoned out of the offlane by the enemy's supports (which is not necessarily a thing at lower MMRs).

I'm not saying jungle phoenix is good by any means, but it's certainly not the worse either.

17. TheGraveOne

TheGraveOne Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I'm sorry if you are trying to be legit, but in the old forums you were a known troll to me and I would caution anyone from listening to you.

18. dimwit105

dimwit105 Member

Oct 8, 2016
    New forums, new slate. Give it a chance.

19. Overpowerade

Overpowerade Member

Apr 6, 2016
    So were you.

I would advise anyone from listening to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.