1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

[TCA] Wabami the Gambler

Discussion in 'Hero Ideas' started by Jabutosama, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Jabutosama

Jabutosama Member

Apr 15, 2015
    I mercilessly smashed whole concept of gambler into bits and pieces and knitted it up with something you surely didn't expect.

I used Beary's Hero Template, from here as base and made edits to it.

HERO ENTRY
    • Wabami the Gambler

• Affiliation: dire
        Theme: wanderer seeking for thrill
        Main: carry, durable
        Secondary: none​
      • Strength: 21 + 1.8
        Agility: 24 + 3.0
        Intelligence: 16 + 0.9

Health: 570 -> 1470
        Mana: 208 -> 500
        Damage: 13-21
        Armor: 5.0
        Attack Range: 200

Movement Speed: 300
        Turn Rate: 0.7
        Vision Range: 1800/800
        Projectile Speed: instant
        Attack Animation: 0.7+1.0
        Base Attack Time: 1.7
        Magic resistance: 25%
        Collision Size: 24
        Legs: 2

• Wabami Von Waggaratt is- or rather was, a royal blood young. Wabami was always wild soul who hunted and wandered many long days and night all by himself in Waggaratt's lands. As the family supervises militarily important lands to king, he saw brute warriors his whole life. He saw even one skirmish from a tree!

Day he turned 10, her mother had seen a dream of her youngest son becoming known for supernatural. Very spiritual nature of her, she sent Wabami to mage of the East Lagoon to learn magic, right next Wednesday. It was surprise to everyone, but no one could bother her for that, her temper was unimaginable.

Of course he did not go there, damn bookworms with their boring life, the path of eternal action is mine! That was what he said to himself while switching route from east to west.

From that point, Wabami has done many things. Bandits got him beaten hard and stole his weapons and baubles the same day. Then looked for a job to earn a sword. He however had no peace in any of the normal jobs; he either hammered too hard or wrote too badly, forgot some delivers or just did not respect his master with his royal pride, or what was left of it.
        Once he found, as last resort, the pit fights, he first were disgusted. Those guys fight for no reason! But then fell in love with it. Every day, more fights to death and more action!

But it was not enough.

He fell into vortex of desires. Now with some money, he wasted it in alcohol, drugs, women and gambling.
        His bets rose and rose.

One day he he found himself from piggery, all naked. His memory was unclear. After a while, he remembered, he had won some shady-looking person in bar. Not just winning, but completely destroying their chances from very beginning and winning all of the leftovers. It was not unusual, but this! This was way too far. Disgusting!!

As he found something to cover himself with, he went back to bar for revenge. There were something different, a Hero. A hero who were recruiting.
        This life is good, but, man, a life of a hero...
        Of course, whole bar made a fistfight in who were the worthy one. Wabami was the last man standing.

• Blood Race
        Ability Type: Target unit
        Description: Marks target unit with blood race, gambling some gold. If the unit makes killing blow in 6 second duration, you get the gold you gambled back with some of the dying unit's gold bounty as bonus, doubled for creeps.

"Wabami knows chances of winning and takes risk for gold even in most terrifying situations."

Duration: 6s
        Bounty bonus: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100%

:range: Casting Range: 500
        :cooldown: Cooldown: 11s.
        :gold: Gold Gambled: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125
        :mana: Mana Cost: 22

Notes:
        • Can be removed with hard dispel, making you lose the gambled gold.
        • Can target self, but then successful gamble only receive half of the bounty bonus.
      • Jagged Dance
        Ability Type: passive
        Damage type: pure

Description: Attacks will cause random amounts of pure damage.

"Wabami uses rather a rough fighting style and has even developed some special movements to it."

Duration: 10s.
        Minium Damage: 0 / 20 / 40 / 60
        Maximum damage: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120

Notes:
        • Is independent from attack damage instance.
        • Pierces magic immunity.
      • Wild Spirit
        Ability Type: passive
        Description: landing and getting attacks momentarily increase movement speed and evasion.

"Wabami is only home in the moment of thrill."

Max Instances: 4
        Instance Duration: 4s
        Movement speed: 6 / 8 / 10 / 12
        Evasion: 10% / 12% / 14% / 16%

Notes:
        • stacks diminishingly with other sources of evasion.
      • All In
        Ability Type: No target
        Description: Using his family secret technique, Wabami sacrifices gold, effectively shielding himself from damage. Kills and assist during the duration reclaim the gold unit wore off. Only affects hero damage.

"A mere relic from the past, ancient spell to cover flesh with luxuries will keep children away from evil world."

Duration: 14s / 16s / 18s
        Maximum Gold-Shield: 500 / 1000 / 1500
        Aghanim's Upgrade: removes maximum block.​
        :cooldown: Cooldown: 100
        :mana: Mana Cost: 100

Notes:
        • Gives duration-long effect like Abaddon's shield which blocks damage by cold paid.
        • Abilities which slice trough magic immunity will bypass this effect.
        • Level 10: 11 attack damage or 7 agility
        • Level 15: 6 armor or +100 gold per minute
        • Level 20: 35 attack speed or always 2 stacks of wild spirit
        • Level 25: Blood race gains 4 seconds duration on success or doubled jagged dance maximum damage

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I forgot to edit the OP for which I strongly apologize. The 2 entry option has been removed as requested by several users.

3. Jabutosama

Jabutosama Member

Apr 15, 2015
    WHAT? I did not want send this as TWC, something in my head went wrong.
    This TCA NOT TWC

every possible thing for long time have been destroyed miserably, I hope this gets someway trough to it's right target

summer-penguin likes this.
  4. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ha ok, I'll edit the OP

5. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Am I reading this right? I mean, along with the pure damage this would make your hero indisputably the strongest carry in the game. With just level 7 he has 142 attack speed (100 base and 42 from agi), translating to 1.494 attacks per second. I mean, he does more damage to targets than Spectre does with desolate, whether they are alone or not.
    I think you should fix it.

Edit fixed a number

6. Jabutosama

Jabutosama Member

Apr 15, 2015
    @Oesile oh? I didn't think about that... pretty much everything were thought trough but this. well, thanks. I meant him to have moderately slow attack speed.

7. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Most heroes have a BAT of 1.7, considering your hero can get at minimum 60 extra pure damage (comparable to Spectres damage to lone targets), I'd increase his BAT to 1.7 (or higher, and I wouldn't put it as high as 2.0 that's Doom territory) and reduce his agi a bit.
    I hope this helps you find a nice middle ground.

8. mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet Member

Sep 10, 2011
    All in needs more notes. You need to point out in detail how damage mitigation works.