1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

[STORY] Dota X Comic Book Crossover: Secret Crisis

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction & Literature' started by darkseraphim, May 4, 2017.

1. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I am still brushing up on the demonology of the DC Universe, I know far less about it than I care to admit.

I'm neutral on Damian, simply because he seems like a good kid, but Injustice makes him look like a total a-hole.

We now live in a society that supports diversity. :D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Why cut it at a fighting scene! DAAAAAMNN!

darkseraphim likes this.
  3. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Because I just remembered that I have to get back to Kory, LOL.

4. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

Koriand'r tried to scream as she ran from her gruesome stalker in the halls of Titans Tower. Despite her best efforts, however, she could not utter a word. What baffled her the most was that she could not even use her powers to fly or manipulate energy to fight back. It also seemed that he could find her wherever she hid, although she knew the place from top to bottom after residing in it for years on end. So she did all that she could do; run. Her pursuer was relentless, however, and kept up the chase. As they took the pursuit outside, it showed no signs of letting up, and she suddenly felt as if she was being hindered by a dark energy surrounding her. Tripping on a rock, she fell as the monstrosity came swooping down before her.

"It's feeding time. Don't worry, not one piece of gristle shall I waste", the beast growled. It closed in, wings span and maw agape, taking its time in an attempt to savor the catch.

The following moments happened in such a blur that Kory still had trouble recalling all that happenned immediately after. All of a sudden, not only was she saved from her assailant, but she regained the use of her speech and abilities as well, although that may have been probably the beast's powers wearing off. She shrugged the traumatic experience off, flying back to alert the rest of the Titans. One thing she did recall, was a very familiar voice giving her instructions and looking for Dick Nightwing; a very grumpy familiar voice.

______________________________________________________________________________

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    invul_nerable likes this.
  5. carlvic

carlvic Moderator Staff Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I see what you did there.
    Try to finish up the Starfire arc and let's get us some Villains.
    Also, Azarath Metrion Zinthos > Quas Wex Exort.

darkseraphim likes this.
  6. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    carlvic and darkseraphim like this.
  7. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Batman V Balanar? Who would've guessed.

darkseraphim likes this.
  8. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Every matchup serves its purpose, as we shall soon find. :)

Raven's too one-dimensional for that, I think. Saving that for someone more... versatile.

9. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    You dont understand. Batman always wins. If he lose. I wont read this story again :p

10. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Pretty sure he'll turn out fine.

11. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    He should be.

12. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

"No one can stand against me!" the beast roared as he sprinted towards the mysterious man who had intervened between him and his prey, "I shall stain my talons with your blood!". Spreading his wings as he took flight, he swooped down and prepared to strike. The attack was cut short as he was met by a stinging blow to the midsection by his cowled foe. An unparalleled hunter at night, he was surprised to find an opponent who could stand up to his combat prowess. Ignoring the momentary pain from the body blow he received, he took a moment to observe the enemy. As lightning cracked in the background above, the stranger's features emerged for an instant; a muscular body clothed in a gray and black bodysuit, head covered in a horned cowl that accentuated his seemingly blank, aggressive eyes, draped behind was a long black cape, and a yellow and black image resembling a bat emblazoned on his chest. Taken aback slightly, the beast regained his composure as he prepared to attack again.

The intimidation did not last long. "You appear to be a capable fighter. But I will teach you that nothing can stand between Balanar the Night Stalker and his prey." he growled menacingly. The stranger braced himself, assuming a fighting stance, seemingly unfazed by his threats. "You're in the way. I don't know what you want here, but I suggest you leave."

Balanar struck first, unleashing a volley of blows empowered unnaturally by the darkness. This was his element. His domain. No one could possibly challenge him under the cover of night. Even when he was still recovering the energy expended on using his dark magic on the girl, he was still empowered physically by it and for him, that was enough. So it came as a surprise to him that the stranger was able to match him blow-for-blow, skillfully parrying each of his strikes and responding with a counter of considerable strength each time. Knocked back after a powerful kick to the midsection, the Night Stalker felt his chest in pain as a swarm of flying blades cut into his flesh. But it was not over. The bat-shaped projectiles that embedded themselves in him beeped rapidly, and in the moments after, the beast found himself crashing into a nearby tree as an explosion blew him away.

Mustering the remaining strength he had, the Night Stalker unleashed a terrible roar, and the surroundings suddenly grew darker and time moved slower, as if the night seemed to never end. "There's no escape." he growled. Although hard to tell, with his maw wide agape, he was grinning with satisfaction knowing that this was the end. He was unable to devour the girl, but took consolation knowing that he would soon be consuming his most troublesome catch yet.

Bruce Wayne stood his ground as the beast who identified himself as Balanar howled from afar. The Batarangs' blast should have been enough to knock an average foe out cold, but it seemed that his opponent was no mere jobber. Inhaling as he kept his poise, he prepared himself for Balanar's next move. Ball's in your court now, he thought silently. In an instant, he found himself in utter darkness, inescapably enveloping the surroundings from every side. In the distance, he could see his opponent's eyes glowing menacingly with a yellow hue, moving swiftly around in an apparent effort to flank him. Even without infrared vision, his intentions are pretty obvious. As he predicted, the enemy approached him from his side, pouncing ferociously from the left. Bruce spun back, hiding himself with his cape, and countered with a spinning back kick that connected squarely with the Night Stalker's jaw. He then followed with a flurry of blows to the midsection and ended with a jumping knee to the face. As the beast fell, Bruce finished the monster off with a heavy elbow to the diaphragm. Exhausted, Bruce stood above his downed opponent, who all of a sudden began dissolving into the ground. Surprised, but not too perplexed about the sudden disappearance, he decided to leave it be for now. He had more important matters at hand. One final glance to check for any sign of the monster proved to be futile, so he began his way to Titans Tower.

______________________________________________________________________________​

Wew. This is what happens when you do nothing but trashtalk in real life too. BTW, this chapter was written under the working title "Out of Mana" (for obvious reasons). We'll be changing perspective soon, as Mortred finds herself getting the D.

On another note, I suck at proofreading.

EDIT: Decided to end the fight right here and now, instead of leaving it hanging (which i've been doing quite often, I've noticed). The last part seems to fit more here than later on anyway.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    carlvic and invul_nerable like this.
  13. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

A crowd of bystanders gathered as the sound of metal striking upon metal filled the streets of Bludhaven while Mortred and Dick Grayson battled in the night. As the Phantom Assassin's jagged blade clashed on Nightwing's eskrima sticks, she found herself amused at how her masked target was able to match each critical strike she unleashed with equal force. Yet she was unfazed. After all, countless targets were able to put up a fair amount of fight with her, but in the end, the will of the Oracle had its way. This skirmish was no different. "I suggest you yield, rather than put up this valiant, yet futile effort to fight back. By the Veiled Oracle's decree, your life is already forfeit." She was met with a smile, however, as he continued to parry each slash with astounding efficiency. "You're not getting tired now, are you darling? Because this isn't my first three-ring circus. I think you'll find that I can hold you off better than you imagine." As he said this, he somersaulted back and threw an avian-shaped boomerang at her. The Wing-ding was caught halfway towards his mark, as Mortred answered with flinging one of her throwing daggers at the projectile, halting it mid-flight. Nightwing moved around and began assaulting her with the miniature blades, and Mortred answered each with daggers of her own.

The weapons fell to the ground with a clang, and Mortred took a moment to meet her opponent's gaze in the distance. The challenge was refreshing, and despite emotions being taboo for an assassin of the Veil, she felt more excited about the battle than she cared to admit. "Giving up yet? Or are you taking the time to admire my rougish charms? I bet you're a real looker under that hood and mask", Nightwing called out. The assasssin was taken aback; she was not used to being philandered by her targets, and clearly, this was one mark that was unlike any of the others she had tracked before. She shook off the momentary distraction from her mind. She had a mission, a contract, and she intended to deliver. "You flatter me, Nightwing, but you only speak to deceive me. I intend to keep my contract and deliver you to the Oracle", she said to him. She prepared herself for the next attack, but as she looked ahead, her mark was gone.

Before she could look back, a searing pain penetrated her from behind as Nightwing struck an electrified eskrima stick into the small of her back. As her body was filled by the current, she felt the vitality drained from the electric shock. Her hood and mask, along with a portion of her shawl, was ripped to shreds from the jolt. Just before she drifted into unconsciousness, she caught a glimpse of her opponent kneeling above her, "Holy haddock, Kory is going to burn me for this one."

______________________________________________________________________________​

carlvic and invul_nerable like this.
  14. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

Down in his fortress deep within the Seven Hells, Lucifer was pacing around in his chambers, contemplating the weight of the situation. Despite his damnation, he now found himself working along his demonic cohorts to try and save a world for the sake of their survival. He chuckled at the irony of the situation. Being a deity of light in the past, he was struck down to the underworld for unforgivable crimes. Now, in being part of the darkness he finds himself struggling for a noble cause, though not so noble his intentions may be.

"Feeling a lil' conflicted over there, fella?" came a voice from the far end of the room. "I can relate. This whole worlds-collapsing-into-each-other shenanigan has got everyone up an' about. We actually have one of our folks in a tussle with a nice lady from your world up there on the streets right now. Messed up, I know." he lit a cigarette as he emerged from the shadows. "John Constantine. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The Doom Bringer was amused at the mortal's nonchalance towards him. "You do realize who you are speaking with, mortal, correct? I am the fire that consumes all. The blade that has slain legions-"

"And the wrecker of my shit, yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's quit the intimidating act and get down to business, you bugger. You contacted me for help, and if you were that almighty, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Am I correct on that assumption, my friend?"

He took his infernal blade and pointed it at the human,"You're a smart-mouthed one. Know that I can end your petty existence with but one strike of this blade. But, yes. As humiliating as this conversation is, and certainly not something that my cohorts would approve of, I really have no choice but to make allies of a mortal such as you. I understand you have a certain set of skills, I sense it in you. I will need you to help keep our worlds in equilibrium. I'm sure you understand our dire circumstances at the moment."

"I think I got the gist of it, fella." Constantine snuffed his tobacco with a smirk on his face. "So, fate of the universe scenario, demons eating their pride to save the world and restore balance across the cosmos? I'm in. This will be deeply satisfying for me. Conjure me up your contract, Lucifer. Let's make that deal."

Ahh. Fresh puns.

15. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I would've liked the setup and all but the Marvel addition just makes this whole world-collapsing-each-other shenanigan farce. When people like Dr. Strange, or the Living Tribunal exists. It just doesnt seem possible.

darkseraphim likes this.
  16. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I try as much as possible not to make it too overwhelming by including the more godly entities in the plot. We probably won't be seeing guys like Galactus, or the Sphinx or anyone like that.

When I first thought this up (about over a year or two ago) I was thinking of making the plot around the Infinity Stones. But Marvel vs Capcom Infinite came up and shat on that parade.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  17. darkseraphim

darkseraphim Member

Jun 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

"Ring, comms link to Oa immediately. I need to make a status report", Hal instructed his Power Ring. "It's urgent that I speak with the Guardians at once." Almost instantly, a miniature HUD projected from the ring in front of Hal and brought up real-time images of his superiors as he prepared to deliver his statrep. "Hal? You have news, I assume?", greeted the one called Ganthet.

Hal then began to disclose his findings, "Guardians, I have made contact with our asset on the unidentified planet. We were just finished speaking and on the way out when I witnessed a temporal-spatial anomaly; just like you had predicted. It seems as if the fluctuations you sent me to investigate were caused by two enormous energy sources enveloping the planet. Our friend Rubick over there called them Diruulth and Radinthul. At some point in time, they began a catastrophic clash across the universe until they were sealed away in what was once known as the Mad Moon. Apparently, it wasn't enough to contain the forces and the Moon broke apart, scattering the fragments of these forces, these Ancients, across the planet. War broke loose as the Ancients spread their influence on the world. After ages of clashing however, as each of their monuments all over the planet fell to the opposing side, their presence began to wane and mingle into each other. This new, malevolent Ancient began to take control. Where before, two sides sought to eliminate each other, this singularity seeks now to eliminate all existence, effectively ending the conflict. It's passive now, but it seems to encompass power on a cosmic level. It doesn't have enough power to begin anything cataclysmic, but it does hold influence across dimensions, which explains all of these anomalies in spacetime. In fact, I just dodged what seems to be fallout from one of these distortions, looks like it's from a parallel world. An aircraft, one I certainly haven't seen before, not unlike what we have on our side. It's massive though."

"Wait, Hal, how does this Rubick know so much? I'm curious as to how this being just lays down its intentions so carelessly to the people living there." Ganthet asked.

Hal shrugged to himself. "Aside from being a Grandmaster in this world's foremost magical association, I'm not sure, to be honest. But from what I understand, the Ancients disseminate their forces uncontrollably, as I suppose, their end purpose. The reasons, however, have never been clear to those under the Ancients' control. Like, they just do what they do because they felt like they had to do it, never knowing why. It was that sort of influence that gave the inhabitants of this place that knowledge, that this new power sought to destroy all it could reach. Seeing as the previous Ancients took such a long time to embed themselves in the world, I can only assume that this one is laying dormant as well. Which means we still have time to intervene. It also means a lot can happen unexpectedly in the meantime."

The Guardians murmured in the backdrop as Ganthet gave a response that was a little more than reticent, "It can't be helped then, Hal. It seems that for now, we have to let things unfold on their own."

Hal frowned in resignation, "You know how much I hate doing that, Ganthet."

- Hope this sheds a bit more light to the entire grand scheme of it all. Been racking my mind trying to figure out how to make the whole thing come together. Plus, I haven't gotten back to Hal for quite some time now.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017