1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Remake hero pick scene

Discussion in 'Visual & Gameplay Ideas' started by kildat017, Nov 27, 2016.

1. kildat017

kildat017 Member

Aug 15, 2009
    its too time consuming. you have to wait for 5 minutes for a queue, and another 5 minutes just in the pick phase. 10 minutes in total. has this game really have fallen this low? I suggest the ap to be remade in only 30 seconds. how you ask, without ruining the picking phase?

When picking hero X, the other team will NOT know X is picked. when someone in the other team also picks hero X, a message will appear that X was already picked, and graying X hero for that team to see, meaning they can no longer pick him.

2. dR

dR Moderator Staff Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Moved to gameplay ideas.

3. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    A better idea is to pick the hero before you que like in heroes of the storm

4. kildat017

kildat017 Member

Aug 15, 2009
    then two players could have picked the same hero.

5. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    That doesn't make sense because hots has it already and ive never seen two people get the same hero except that new playable character that needs two people to control one hero a concept of two players controlling one character i hope never gets into dota

6. kildat017

kildat017 Member

Aug 15, 2009
    It CAN work, but that would lead to multiple queues because two players having the same hero can't be matched up on the same lobby.

all carries in one game lobby incoming...

7. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    yea it would be a good addition to matchmaking if done right

8. hex!

hex! New Member

Oct 25, 2016
    the drafting phase is one of the most important parts of the game. a draft alone can make or break a team's game. this would eliminate any trace of strategic drafting. everyone would pick carries, there would be no counterpicks, no wombo combos, nothing. i never want to support, but i end up supporting anyways. Sorry but hard T-down from me.

9. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    yea for pros not for casual players which this is aimed for. casual players already don't counter pick, they just pick what they feel like playing. this doesn't change anything but shorten game time

10. hex!

hex! New Member

Oct 25, 2016
    So the drafting phase changes based on mmr?

11. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I didn't say that...I said Casuals would have prepick phase (Which would make matches quicker; casuals already complain that a single match lasts too long)
    while pros and whoever else wants the option to have a prepick phase.

just like you have the option for allpick or captains mode. now you have the option of prepickphase.

12. Infrisios

Infrisios Moderator Staff Member

May 20, 2009
    And kill counterpicking, team synergy and everything else along the path? Ruin a ~45 min game for the sake of saving 5 minutes? How would you even match the heroes together, what if I wanna play support weaver and the game thinks I am offlane?

That might work for games with fixed roles like LoL, but it most defintely wouldn't work for dota, and even if it did it would be a terrible idea.