1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked-roles can save Dota 2 but...

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by Mae Shirayuki, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Mae Shirayuki

Mae Shirayuki Member

Oct 3, 2009
    But it is now a paid-to-play. Making Dota 2 to be exactly the same like paid-to-play. If you don't pay, then you are going to face "cancerous" players. So many such bad players in other players but of course rarely in Divine or Immortal brackets. What about other brackets?
    I have more to share from dev.dota2 (https://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=288426)

2. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    That dev Dota thread is gold. Props to whoever that was for being disappointed with their beta invite and managing to carry that disappointment for a full 7 years. Now that's dedicated whining.

3. Skurai

Skurai Member

Sep 25, 2009
    This is sad indeed :(
    I think ranked roles was suggested here on PD before it came out as well. I am not sure if they got the idea before hand though.

I am wondering if they made it such that both teams matched must be ranked roles OR it could be 1 team matched with ranked roles and the other is a mixup non-ranked role team. That would make queue times shorter but the ranked-role team will have some coordination advantage, u could say.

Anyone knows?

4. Skurai

Skurai Member

Sep 25, 2009
    U know if there was a choice to choose who to play with, I reckon there are people who may pay just to to play with pinoys in SEA LOL. I may just be one of them.