1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Radience interaction with illusions ?

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by ark-eXodia, Dec 23, 2016.

1. ark-eXodia

ark-eXodia Member

May 12, 2010
    I don't know if this was a bug or not, if it was maybe someone can kindly report it for me.

Radience now has seperate damage instance

illusions now deal 40 damage

the real holder deal 60 damage

basically the real holder will deal 60 damage(forget the reduced magic ressist on hero) but if the real holder use illusions ability like manta or such, the illusions radience will override the real holder burn damage and it will deal 40 damage. The real holder 60 damage burn will be tossed away . The illusions presence will always override the real one radience burn effect.

i don't know if this was a visual bug or not, i had'nt check the combat log but i trust the visual damage info.

If that was the case and was intended , why the fuck this happens ? do illusions has special coding to make their radience burn superior ?

2. Z01d

Z01d Member

Feb 26, 2014
  3. AbyssPetra

AbyssPetra Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Basically how aura works, first one wins. It could be that Illusions appear first. Just like how octarine or stuff like urn and bloodstone works. First one in the area gets priority.

At least that's how I remember it used to work in Dota 1. Not sure if it's true for Dota 2(cause I didn't really bother to learn the mechanics again.)

Someone please confirm.

4. matrice

matrice Member

Sep 14, 2009
    actually in dota1, strongest win.

But in dota2, it's rather first win indeed.