1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Politics of the United States - Aftermath of 2016 Election

Discussion in 'World News & Debate' started by HHHNNNGGG, Oct 8, 2016.

1. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him. ecks dee

Who is on top of the top? Mel Gibson? Johnny Depp? There is a handful of wealthy actors to TENS OF THOUSANDS of actors who make minimum amounts of money from small roles and gigs. None of them are very wealthy by any standard. Most people in business, retail, real estate, technology, and other fields make a lot more money. Artists have always been poor or just made enough, and only select few are very rich.

Raise awareness about something everyone is aware about? What?

He didn't know? What?

You do realize that if he just put his dad's money in a bank, he would be richer by now just from passive interest? He actually lost money because he is not that good of a businessman. But it doesn't matter when you are born into millions.

We are going to have a psycho who gets triggered and starts flaming people on Twitter at 3 am as a president. Who knows what comes to his mind next, when he actually takes the office.

2. gen.Weekend

gen.Weekend Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Keep getting your news from CNN and buzzfeed my man.
    Shitstorm after shitstorm, trully if you still get your news from CNN you lose your arguments by default
    [​IMG]

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12313/hours-trumps-press-conference-cnn-and-buzzfeed-hit-john-nolte

Rick Wilson's twitter.

Absolutely pathetic.
    Artistic genius L M A O get over yourself my man. At the peak of her career life she decides to fuck it all and go on a sensitive little rant about how people who have no idea what hardship is should be given 9th place ribbons for 8 man races.
    And why did she say Jerusalem for Natalie? She got every other country right except for her's. Is she also one of those dellusional far left autists who don't recognize Israel?

All in all, glorifying weakness is a symptom of a dying society. But it's not surprise anymore coming from a place where 1 in 4 citizens suffers from mental illness.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Maybe my English fails me, but I believe that this
    means that now, Russian are working against Trump, trying to compromise and delegitimize him.

So, if I am correct, they first worked for Trump, helping him win by "hacking" the elections, now they are working against Trump, compromising him before he gets into office.

I guess, the Telenovela about US politics, administration, internal affairs, state in the "intelligence agencies", "media" continues... I wouldn't be surprised if the main black christian character turns out to be a Muslim in the end...
    Oh... wait...

4. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    When you do more good things in 1 minute than Obama in 8 years.

5. Dark Rogue

Dark Rogue Moderator Staff Member

Jun 10, 2009
    It's really funny how a movement many times worse than the KKK with massive political influence is totally okay because it's run by black people, isn't it.

Oh cool, it's this myth again. It's been a while since it's been brought up. If you look at the actual police reports, literally over 98% of them are "he pulled a gun on the police" or "resisting arrest" or "bit a cop" or "threw a cop off a bridge", but then it's reported with crying mothers saying he was a good boy who dindu nuffin.
    You're wrong, I know you know you're wrong, and we both know I know you're wrong, because this is the fifth time you bring this up and the fifth time I tell you you're wrong. Not that it matters cos you have me blocked, since you hate real arguments and only like posting facebook memes.

6. Petique

Petique Member

Sep 4, 2013
    I watched it in live and I don't know when was the last time I last this hard. It's so good to see these pretentious propagandists get owned by their own medicine.

7. Petique

Petique Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Really? CNN and Buzzfeed? Oh nvm I see it's already dissected by @gen.Weekend

Hollywood is on the top and I firmly believe that on the awards 90% if not 100% of the actors are from that circle. I wasn't referring to actors in general, I was referring to Hollywood actors.

People raise aweraness over AIDS which is not an unknown disease, so it's no excuse. She just didn't mention because as always, it didn't fit her narrative.

Yeah, he didn't know the guy before.

He expanded his company to a much greater extent, losing money is also part of business but he isn't broke now is he?

You should worry less. Few people have the fortune to live in a first world country so go and take advantage of it. You can worry about Trump's shitpost later (if it's that much of a concern to you).

8. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 9:59 AM
  9. gen.Weekend

gen.Weekend Member

Apr 4, 2012
    You can always take a look at the list of "names" they provided and laugh your ass off at their imagination.

[​IMG]

10. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Are you ready ? Are you ready ?
    Here it comes.
    My very first - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOLOLOL
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM
  11. Nezekan

Nezekan Moderator Staff Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Oh really? "way worse than KKK"? Just like the current alt right movement of America, BLM also has its share of racists, good people and all other sorts in between. Comparing BLM to KK is probably biggest fallacy of your life.

Not only people don't get murdered in cold blood in other countries for the things you mentioned, It doesn't change the fact that I can shower you with 100 of evidence BLM is peaceful and a valid movement for every bad example you can give me. After all, there is no requirement for joining BLM and everyone can join, be it actual activists or literal gang members, just like the right wing. Just like you want to be not branded as racist for actions of few right wing white men, they deserve the same treatment. Its an argument you can never win here.

12. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Looks like they are throwing buzzfeed under the bus to save some face.

13. Dark Rogue

Jun 10, 2009
    Well yeah I totally agree. I'll tweet an apology to the KKK.

14. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Most definitely.

15. Nezekan

Jan 17, 2011
    I did say its an argument you can never win, so you resort to jabs. You were literally mad for white people getting called racist for actions of few, and now you are doing them same. I suppose hypocrisy only matters when its against you, right?

16. Dark Rogue

Jun 10, 2009
    When did this happen?
    edit: Nvm misread, thought you said 'actions against jews' lol. But either way, I didn't say all black people are racist, or even that all BLM people are racist. I just said the BLM organization is many times worse than the KKK organization.
    edit 2: Actually let me add to that. BLM and the KKK have about an equal % of racist members.
    I'm waiting.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 7:31 PM
  17. Nezekan

Jan 17, 2011
    A few times? You were pointing out that its wrong to call all white people racist on few occasions, and no one disagreed with you. As I said just like the right party, or any party for that matter, BLM has its own racists, goods people and all other sorts in between them.

Literally one of them was in the post you quoted, there was a video. BLM protest meets anti-BLM protest. Not a single person gets scratched.

18. xpforever

xpforever Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Wow one whole anecdote. Never mind all the riots that resulted in deaths and property damage.
    The entire movement is founded on misinterpretation of statistics. Saying "black lives matter" is like saying "the sky is blue". There simply wasn't a problem to begin with. Yes, more black people are going to wind up in deadly confrontations with police because....more black people wind up in encounters in general with police. If their movement was something like "hey, let's reduce the number of black people being shot by reducing the number of black people committing crimes" I'd be on board.

The movement isn't even grassroots, it's funded top-down. As soon as your movement involves paying people to protest, it kinda stops being a legitimate protest and starts being nothing but big money in politics.

19. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    @Nezekan do you consider blocking busy streets and highways peaceful?

20. Nezekan

Jan 17, 2011
    Look at Stonewall. Look at Civil Rights protests. Not all of them were peaceful. Look at sit-ins, hippies, peaceful protests that were then made violent by police. Look at how police have SAT PEACEFULLY PROTESTING UNIVERSITY STUDENTS IN A LINE AND PEPPER SPRAYED THEM ALL IN THE FACE.

It is people's right as people to protest and upheave against an oppressive government. (America has one pf the highest police brutality rates in the world) Should such protests become violent, while I do not condone violence, it has happened in history as a result of said groups of people feeling a lot of rightfully placed anger against the system that has beaten on them physically and figuratively since day one. It is the action of few regardless.

Not to mention, when protests in Ferguson and Baltimore became violent, much of the needless violence was - guess who? - white people taking advantage of the chaos to loot and act violently as well.

History is full of people taking advantage. Its inevitable. LGBT movements in 2002-2008 got pretty violent as well at times, with people dying. It didn't get too violent because the nature of movement did not involve police brutality. In the west, no country has America's disproportionate rate of lethal action taken by police. The Police should be experts in disabling threats, not killing people. So they usually shoot people on shoulders if they are armed, or in the leg if they are escaping. Though, obviously we are talking about guns so things won't always go as planned, but it never explains this rate. The Police in America deliberately shoot to kill.

There is some criticizing to be made, like lack of leadership to denounce extremist actions, but I don't see how the movement's main goals are affected by it.

Don't you? When workers stop working to protest something, it disrupts daily events. Do you not consider that peaceful?