1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Politics of the United States - Aftermath of 2016 Election

Discussion in 'World News & Debate' started by HHHNNNGGG, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I'd order a retaliatory strike on the one who fucked up. :cat:

There is a positive to the fuck up though, at least we they know the alert system works!

2. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Blame the UI developer :cat:

3. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    As a part-time UI developer, blame the user :cat:

4. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Where is the audio ?
    I didnot find any audio link after clicking and going to the "release audio as proof" ?
    You obviously heard it, can you post it ?

Also, editing out a microsecond of voice "D" being heard in an audio, is as hard as winning the elections against KILLarry.

5. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I didn't hear it, that wasn't really my point. My point was if it was the case that he said that it would have been a better way to respond.

Or maybe he didn't say it and the proof was doctored. My post was a bit tongue in cheek as well, referring to our politicians who always say things like that, even when they obviously said the thing they are now denying.

6. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Forgot to reply to this one. Firstly I didn't claim that the book was right, but that if accusations like that are made then replying in that way is obviously not the best decision. If someone says you are not acting presidential then what about replying to the accusation in a presidential way instead of reverting to his normal tactic of insults?

And second, I do believe that the book is correct. That reply is a good example. It is not the first time he has done something like this. Replying to any criticism with insults (he has a history of doing this). And not only to criticism, many of his tweets are like this.

As for not being fit to be president, just some quick things: When he agreed to meet the Russian foreign minister and divulged information regarding an ongoing intelligence operation.

His lack of knowledge about many things related to the workings of US politics and what was to be expected of him.

The travel ban. That is against the Geneva convention (Something that the US is part of) in the case of Syria. If you are involved in ongoing military operations you are not allowed to deny citizens of that country as refugees. And advisors and people who know more about this situation than him have said that it might actually lead to more problems for the US in terms of safety for its citizens than improved safety.

Those are just some examples.

7. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Wait, what? If your country is at war with another country, then you have to take citizens as refugees?

So if US goes to war with China, the Chinese can all just come to the US?

adapt likes this.
  8. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
    http://journaltimes.com/news/nation...cle_e98e26a8-64ea-5e48-8f91-df37e57d5a8a.html

A 15-year-old student opened fire with a handgun inside his rural Kentucky high school Tuesday, killing two classmates, injuring 17 others and sending hundreds fleeing for safety.

Police were seen leading a teenager away in handcuffs. It was the nation's first fatal school shooting of 2018.

I just now realised it was silly of me to post it in this thread. Sorry. Kinda politics related, I guess?

9. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Giving that there was the instance of Vietnamese boat people in the 80s-90s, I don't believe that it is a political obligatory to take in refugees, but it is a moral obligatory to do so.

Especially in Vietnam War where the US just made a big mess. The stuffs in Middle East or Libya aren't much different. You can't seriously barge in somebody's home - no matter how a shithole that home is - and wreck it and expect to leave the residents there without any responsibility. At least you have to deal with the migrant crisis, like forcing a few certain allies in vicinity to take in those refugees.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I wanted to go look for a link that shows it but only found long winded versions, hoping for a summary style thing to go for. So I assume there are limitations and that you don't have to take in the whole country.

But maybe the usually very well informed and accurate radio station was wrong.

11. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    When Israel was at war with Gaza we never had to take Gazan refugees. Nor when we were at war with Lebanon.

We did take a few Lebanese christians... but I don't think it was required.

12. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
  13. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    The "accusations" are barely about his "unpresidential" way of talking...
    Its more on along the lines of "Trump went to Moscow where he is peed on by a few girls in a hotel apartment group orgy", "PeeGate" bullshit, from a few months ago...

How sad...

Exactly. He has been talking and acting like that long before that book.

Nothing illigal in that. And before becoming President. Next.

Such as ?

Literally nothing is true in that, haha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...ades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html
    https://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/07/health/california-hiv-bill-signed/index.html
    You were saying ?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  14. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Turns out San Francisco wasn't the only bubble. Housing prices are soaring here in DC, as well.

[​IMG]

15. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    So during the school shooting in FL someone posts this

... this is like a comedy sketch or black mirror... I actually laughed at this. How mentally ill can this generation be that even in such a situation you take the time to post this shit.
    Why even take this picture?

Also
    >Nicolas de Jesus Cruz

MUH DREAMERS

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018 at 10:41 PM
  16. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Isn't it illegal to photograph the recently dead and name them?

17. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I can't remember what you said when you started talking about the rent prices etc, can you remind me what you were trying to say with this?

Not really this generation though. I love gory humour and I am 30, so definitely not part of this generation. Don't include this specific one though since I don't see any funny in it. And don't see something like that as mentally ill (know you where exagerrating a bit) at all. But I do see your point though.

18. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    You definitely have to be mentally ill for social media to be going through your head in such a situation. Better take a picture of dead people and post on social media about how scared I am!

You know instead of hiding or helping yourself and others to survive.

19. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Recordings like these are considered valuable first-hand criminal evidence and are extremely important for investigation.

Anyway, some info on the shooter: Leader of White Nationalist Group Confirms Florida High School Shooter Was Member.

Here is a video his neighbor filmed a few months ago: the shooter is wearing nothing but boxers and Trump's "Make America Great Again" hat while shooting in the backyard.

20. Nezekan

Nezekan Moderator Staff Member

Jan 17, 2011
    NRA at it again I see. "Non profit" organization. :cat: