1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

PlayDota Inhouse - Reborn

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by iser, Oct 15, 2016.

1. iser

iser Member

Jun 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

PDIH Steam Channel - Link
    PDIH Steam Group - Link
    PDIH Discord - Link
    PlayDota Inhouse (PDIH) is a place where PD members can gather to play a flamefest and toxic games together.

Several people have requested for PDIH to be reborn (last iteration). At its height, PDIH was a very organized league with actual structure (Dotabuff). If this actually takes off properly, we can look into setting up a proper league, but for now, let's keep it casual like last time.

Please reply to this thread that you would like to play in PDIH. The PDIH admins will invite you to the PDIH Steam Group. We can get a link to your Steam profile through PD (seriously, it's such an awesome feature), so all you have to do is reply.

The link to the host game will be posted in the PDIH Steam Channel. Mr. BoB has created a Steam Channel for us to gather in. Click the "+ Channel" button in the chat window, and search for "PlayDota Reborn" in the User section.

The majority of PD members are from Europe, so the games will be hosted there. If we get enough traction, we can start hosting games for US and SEA in the future.

Times
    Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday

1pm - US Eastern Standard Time (EST)
    6pm - British Standard Time (BST)
    7pm - Central European Time (CEST)
    8pm - Eastern European Time (EEST)​

Rules
    Feeding, abandoning, spell abusing and any other game-ruining actions are punishable.
    We will be using a 3-strikes rule.

1st Offense - Warning (banned for a day)
    2nd Offense - Suspension (banned for a week)
    3rd Offense - Termination (banned forever)​

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  2. Wonkdonkler

Wonkdonkler Moderator Staff Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Glad to see this! Keep in mind the current Steam group is Membership by invite only and you have this discussion pinned.

3. iser

iser Member

Jun 10, 2009
    gotcha. changed the original post.

4. Z01d

Z01d Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Can't wait to see it die again.
    Anyway gl.

5. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    How's the bot work? And can we really get games going everyday? Why not start with weekends, and go from there.

6. iser

iser Member

Jun 10, 2009
    yea it will die again. then start again. then die. then start. it's been like this for 5 years.

yea initially i was thinking the weekends. but with the battle cup going on, it would be pretty much just sunday only. at the same time, i agree. let's just keep it on the weekends. people that lose the battle cup first round in 20 min need something to do.

kingdomnerdia likes this.
  7. Jakrasia

Jakrasia Member

Apr 30, 2012
  8. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Yep. Also idea: something like "Custom Game Fridays" (or whatever days) if enough people support the idea. We can vote via polls on the custom game a week before. Needn't even be a League exclusive thing like regular games, as long as people are signing up for it it should be good.

9. iser

iser Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I personally love Overthrow. Maybe we can have a small Overthrow tournament in the future.

10. Skyforger

Skyforger Member

Sep 18, 2009
    better ruin my winrate some more then

just slap me with them imbalanced teams

11. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Zoid. Always negative.

12. Mr. BoB

Mr. BoB Member

Sep 28, 2009
    I'm fucking ready.
    Also same rules apply; if you're a dumbass memer from /d2g/ you're gonna get banned instantly.

Also, we need like an announcement on Reddit or something to get people flowing.

SzotyMAG and Jakrasia like this.
  13. Jakrasia

Jakrasia Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Implying winrates matter. I'm sure we'll figure out a functioning system as long as we have a large enough player-base.

14. Vixori

Vixori Member

Jan 17, 2013
    This time of the year, huh?

Yeah, I think there is going to be a little problem with having a large enough player-base.

15. Skyforger

Skyforger Member

Sep 18, 2009
    stacked teams mattered and put the last effort into an early grave

16. SirPinkyNose

SirPinkyNose Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Hah.

17. Jakrasia

Jakrasia Member

Apr 30, 2012
    True, trying to achieve the most balanced teams possible is going to be a higher priority. Anothing thing which puts these efforts to early graves however is relentless pessimism. It will be a lot easier to get this thing of the ground without that.

18. neveee

neveee Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a member of older group. I've been screamed in the past from Juice & co. Looking forward to improve my gameplay so i just added Iser to my friends. Waiting for an answer.
    Good day!

19. Lanaya.de

Lanaya.de Member

Oct 8, 2016
  20. MWaser

MWaser Member

Feb 7, 2013
    This is gonna be dead by the time I have the time to play games again.