1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Playdota archives down?

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by Haasva, May 6, 2018.

1. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
  2. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Wait, is it ever up?

3. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
    it was up for one time I remember last year at least. Now I want to come back to look my threads but there is nothing anymore. It's down !!

4. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Member

Jan 31, 2010
    i was not up even at the end of last year.. i really hate the fact that i cant search my thread list on old playdota and then the archive just down all the time..

i demand my bragging right for implemented:
    1. Abbadon agh
    2. visage ult dmg not reduced after each attack
    3. spike carapace doesnt break vendetta

5. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    Spike Carapace not breaking Vendetta, I never figured exactly how or when this could be useful. I imagine you get a free stun on someone carrying a Radiance but not much else.

6. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
    When she is invisible but revealed by Dusts or anything

7. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    That would be great... if only Spiked Carapace actually removed the dust on Nyx. But can you guess what?

8. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Member

Jan 31, 2010
    if you dusted or enemy have sentry, u can spike as countermeasure but kept the vendetta buff if your team counter initiate enemy.

9. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I can't comprehend why this has to be explained.

@Leadblast imagine you are walking about as Nyx when you realize, in a very tiny frame of time, that the area/group of heroes you walked into have detection. Sentry, gem, they just dusted, whatever. A reflex carapace allows you to potentially avoid getting nuked down in that split-second and potentially follow up with a backstab on one of their heroes, doing significant damage.

Is it something huge that changes the outcome of every game? Probably not, but it's a small buff that's there to allow players to take advantage of it if they're able.

slipkwar and Daddy Sven like this.
  10. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    If they detect you walking about invisibly as Nyx, you activate Carapace, yeah you hope that's just enough to save your life, but I don't think the fact that you're still invisible if you don't break Vendetta makes much of a difference anyway. Mainly, if the enemy has a Radiance aura or Sand King's Sandstorm or something like that. I don't know if it works against Necro's aura or Undying's flesh golem auras but it would be quite useful if it did.

11. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Also, some heroes does use aoe ability to clear creeps and if your nyx able to predict that, it become better setup fot unwaring enemy, e.g firestorm pitlord, torrent, avalanche( you could intentionally walk into ava aoe), puck orb etc etc and then follow with vendeta stun combo

12. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011