1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Omnislash and Ancients

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by Oesile, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    As we all know Omnislash can't target ancients, but while testing ability draft in a lobby to see how the new talents work in it, I found that Omnislash can bounce to Ancient units and instagibs them.
    I basically got a blink dagger, pulled the dire ancient camp at bot lane towards the hard camp, pulled the hardcamp towards the ancients and when they met I omnislashed, easily killing the ancients.
    Note, this works if only one large camp creep is alive, because Omnislash only goes on ancients when nothing else is left, apparently.

Is this a bug and/or was this present in 6.88 as well?

Either way this could mean that Jugger can clear ancient stacks on his own with Aghs or can just gain a lot of gold + exp at level 6 if an ally helps him by pulling the hard camp for him.
    Aghs also reduces the cooldown, meaning it could be a viable farming item now.

Considering you can have a support stack for you with that new helm and pull the hard camp or the ancients towards you while you pull the other one you could really abuse this.

2. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I think it's the same even in DotA 1, it works on Rosh too.

Is it worth omnislashing ancients though? It's still on a long cooldown, it's not like a 30 second cooldown.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  3. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager Staff Member

Sep 3, 2009
    This has been the case for some time. Indeed, Omnislash can jump to ancients, including for instance Warlock's Golem.

4. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    It's a good thing to do if you have Aghs maybe. You get 6 bounces midgame and 9 lategame with like a 60 second cooldown. If nothing is happening you can just take some easy money and exp, although Juggs talents aren't that great so I don't think the exp is that good.

5. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Does it kill instantly or do they behave like heroes?

EDIT wtf are you sure? I have jug now I cant click anceints! (cannot target anceints)

Edit: ok I could jump to anceints but I couldnt really cast omni directly on them

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  6. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Yup, but the Dire ancient camp (near the bounty) has a large camp close enough to the ancient camp that you can use Omni on them via a neutral creep, albeit with a little help from a support (And Helm is now a neat support item so I don't think it's too much to ask).

7. Mordax

Mordax Member

Jun 11, 2009
    This is intended and was a change that was mentioned in a changelog some time ago. If nothing accidentally changed with last update then it still jumps to rosh too but can't be directly casted on him.

It was an update that changed several ancient interactions and warlock golem interactions.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016