1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

OG discussion thread

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Freezytius, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Freezytius

Freezytius New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    1. N0tail
    2. Ana
    3. S4
    4. JerAx
    5. Fly

Thread for all things concerning OG.

What you think this new roster ?

2. UloseTheGame

UloseTheGame New Member

Dec 11, 2014
    They need more time. Ana's potential is huge.

He could be even better than Miracle. But only time will tell.

Randomeda and Freezytius like this.
  3. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Moderator Staff Member

Mar 26, 2014
    I like how OG recruits pubstars

Freezytius likes this.
  4. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Fly and notail are a very solid base for every team, underrated players even though they are rated pretty high

5. ariemacos

ariemacos New Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Ana need to get confidence ASAP, show us your hero pool. show fighting spirit when clash, they need more time to sync the team work. good luck OG, #DreamGreen

6. moseswunde

moseswunde New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I really hope Ana can expand his heropool a little bit more.. all he play on MDL is morphling, storm and OD, and his laning skill is not as good as which people gave him credit for. I hope he can work harder and get confidence under highly-competitive professional environment.

7. Whydave

Whydave New Member

Oct 9, 2016
    I feel that if he can do this he will be a top tier one performer. He has already shown skill but now comes the consistency that is required to stay at the top

8. restocker

restocker Member

Oct 10, 2009
    I think the team just needs some time to meld together. I was (and mostly still am) quite sceptical of switching s4 out of the mid role. s4 has mostly been known for picking "play making" heroes like Puck, Batrider, Magnus and a QoP; and although some of these heroes can go in the offlane, I feel that his knowledge of mid match ups is completely lost atm for OG. Part of the reason I feel they switched him to offlane, instead of finding another offlaner and allowing him to continue playing mid, is that mid heroes that play a more carry style are in favour now. We see a lot of OD, Storm, Jugg, Invoker, etc. at mid these days and these heroes transition (for the most part) extremely well into the late game. These are not s4's signature heroes and he hasn't ever had a penchant for playing these heroes (although I would speculate he is more than capable of learning how to play them).

All in all, the play making mid heroes have fallen off in favour of offlane heroes who can do pretty much the same thing. We see heroes such as Nyx, Void, Batrider, etc. This means that you can have two carry heroes in a line up and player makers via support and offlane to round out the team. Even though s4 is playing a similar role in his team, by playing heroes that are considered "Play Makers", his overall knowledge and ability to win mid lane is what OG is lacking. I just think the team needs a bit more time to get it together, even then, the field of teams this roster lock is disgustingly fierce.

Freezytius and Whydave like this.
  9. ALooseMoose

ALooseMoose New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I really loved watching OG, they had a great story and great chemistry. Was really sad too see their last roster break up, on not-so-great terms. However, I'm looking forward to seeing what this new iteration can do. I don't really expect very strong results early, but think they could be pretty special once they get really used to playing with one another.

10. AXidenT

AXidenT New Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I think once this team develops strategies together as a whole they'll perform a lot more strongly. At the moment they seem to be trying to incorporate each of the new players' signatures while they figure things out (S4 being given his signature mid heroes in the offlane and Ana going between the same few).

11. Tahinpekmez

Tahinpekmez Member

Oct 28, 2011
    They are still strong.

12. rexie00000

rexie00000 New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I like jerax playstyle. But I think ana still need a time. If this team stick until next TI, will be top 4 TI I guess.

13. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Favourite team obviously, with n0tail being there and the rest are players I have liked for a while (obviously not Ana since I haven't even watched a game of his).

I think they are going to be top tier in a while. S4 should improve a lot as he gets more and more used to offlane and Ana should do the same as he gets used to the competitive environment. They have two great supports.

That being said, even as a gigantic fan of n0tail I feel like I have to say that he is the weak link. Sure he had some good games in the past and wasn't bad in general but he made some really bad mistakes in the context of top tier team's carries. I can't remember watching a game that he was a large factor in the victory. But then again playing with Miracle- and those two supports and when Moon was on top form makes it hard to do that. And also how he usually played quite a sacrificial role for a mid/carry. Still, I really hope that he can improve this season or at least just become more consistent so he doesn't have as many bad games.

14. RisaStoleMyHart

Mar 26, 2014
    N0tail's highlights will always be Meepo and Wisp + Tiny. He's by no means a great carry player and maybe it's just the OG playstyle of making n0tail play team-based and fight-orientated carry heroes.

15. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Progressive results aside Ana, but I'm pretty thankfull to WG that they are applying old meta Pugna against Alchemist, successful old cards against new ones.

09.12.2016 (OG vs WG 3 round)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  16. Freezytius

Freezytius New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Jerax one true MVP in OG! Sick stun in game vs EG in semi-finals and same style is going on in final.
    mah coyntry boy jerax !

17. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Despite EG is my favourite team, I'm pretty proud of my European brothers, sad that Black isn't there, at least 1 German, however good work keep it so!

18. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Jerax is such a god damn beast, and I am happy to see that S4 is improving with his offlane play. He also made some great plays.

so about n0tail. Is it just me or is he very much a hit or miss player? Or rather just inconsistent. Some games he will make the weirdest decisions or get caught out repeatedly and others he will be right up there with the top carries.

Take the Morphling game vs WG, sure he had to splitpush and he was going to die a few times, that is just the nature of what they had to do. But he tended to still almost survive a few times, why not just morph have more strength morphed? You want more agility for those pushes but your farm speed is even slower if you keep dying. Then compare the games vs EG and Ad Finem, he was great. The Luna Aghs was such a good choice and his play overall was good that whole series.

Maybe it is because I am a bit over critical of my beautiful flower but I feel like he is never the one who has a good game when they lose.

19. RisaStoleMyHart

Mar 26, 2014
    Jerax totally deserves it.

20. 618

618 Member

Jul 4, 2014
    As long as N0tail is still on that team, they will never accomplish anything.