1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Now that all heroes move at max MS, its time to reset MS to 200-250

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by mapdesigner, Apr 27, 2018.

1. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Title,

becuz everyone move too fast.

either that or Delete MS from agi.

fine93 likes this.
  2. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    They just nerfed the movespeed of str heroes by -5.

3. inertiacreep

inertiacreep Member

Oct 8, 2012
    This is the biggest problem with the game right now.. why does every fucking hero have a movement speed talent? Now heroes designed on a premise of being fast get out paced by a fucking shadow fiend.
    Im seriously finally getting sick of all this shit.

4. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    And then axe ms nerf was inverted one day later lol.

5. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    SF should have movespeed reduced. Especially that OP +35ms talent.

6. inertiacreep

inertiacreep Member

Oct 8, 2012
    They will probably give him a mount to justify it before they think about nerfing it.

7. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Part of the reason I didn't want the change in the first place. Ironically enough, the agi perk is still the same (though if they hit ms cap it's as if their perk doesn't exist anymore) so we just got ms powercreep for everyone else.

Result? Low agi heroes are worse (supports, and other low stat heroes), high ms heroes that reach the cap don't benefit as much comparatively as they could and should (so very ironically racecar heroes have been nerfed by this as their targets got faster, while for them the cap is the same).
    And I don't have handy speed benchmarks I can use to compare movement speeds ingame as it's all weird numbers now.

8. Skurai

Skurai Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Why not just make it such that heroes have slightly lower ms when their hp is lower? Instead of having so many MS buffs.

At 50-100% hp, full MS
    At 10-49% hp, they have lowered 2-5% ms.

That will be better. So, fleeing heroes dont move too fast and can get killed as well. Instead of everyone get a move buff.

2-5% isnt that huge. It is 15ms less speed for 300ms and 20ms less speed for 400 ms.
    It also makes sense that the injured do not move so fast.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  9. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    ^Remember to buff armlet and Huskar if you do.

10. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    it actually wont matter since all heroes have 100% mMS bonus LOL. Base MS is what would matter.

11. KinGe

KinGe Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Treant is getting there

MrFrank likes this.
  12. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I played a ton of games yesterday and thought the same thing. It is fun to move so fast so in that sense it is nice, but I think the impact on the game itself isn't that good. I am OK with it being a thing but it should really be lowered. It feels like anything less than 400ms is super slow. That isn't cool man. Fun and not game breaking but meh. Like someone else said it makes the heroes that are prone to kiting weaker. And it slightly reduces the effectiveness of mobility items/spells. In fights but also in general, blinking everywhere is advantageous for farming and the whole actively moving around the map thing.

I am somewhat sure that it will be reduced after TI.

Do all heroes even have an injured movement animation yet? I can't remember at the moment but it would be pathetic if they don't all have one. Not as pathetic as the chemo patient bug CM had years ago but close.

I wish that buff would randomly appear every now and then, it was endlessly funny.

13. slipkwar

slipkwar Member

Dec 11, 2009
    That's the new "-1 armor".

14. MortalKombat3

MortalKombat3 Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Meanwhile, Razor has +4% movespeed talent at level 15. Even if he's got 400 base MS (BoT+drums), he will receive pathetic +16 flat MS, while other heroes have +30-40 MS for that talent level, and even lvl10 MS talents give +20-30. +16 MS doesnt have any impact at lvl 15+ at all!
    No wonder no one EVER picks that shitty talent over +7 DPS steal from Static Link! Why should Razor, desighned as fast hero with MS passive, suffer from the shittiest MS talent in the game?

15. Skurai

Skurai Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Well, the slow should apply to base ms as well.

Fleeing heroes would still be at a disadvantaged
    Not sure if they have such yet. U are talking about alot of heroes