1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

noob UI features I'd flame valve for doing yet secretly enjoy

Discussion in 'Visual & Gameplay Ideas' started by FancyLad, Oct 26, 2016.

1. FancyLad

FancyLad Member

Jun 10, 2013
    I don't think you should have access to additional information such as a hero's ability cd's, but if information is already available, I think it should be as easy as possible to access. Here are things I'd enjoy seeing ingame:

Hover over enemy, see a small preview of their inventory so I don't have to click on them

Hover over enemy, their mana bar appears

click on enemy, ctrl alt click a skill, chat message saying the skill and current time (for cd's like ravage, doing this would create a message "Tidehunger: Ravage, 23:33)

alt click on a buff/debuff to enlarge its icon, whenever that buff/debuff is on you again its icon is enlarged, alt click again to resize to normal

show who is in a party during load and pick phase

2. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    These two will clutter the screen.

Maybe hovering + using Alt is better?

But well I'm against adding more unnecessary stuffs.

Skurai likes this.
  3. majan_pl

majan_pl Member

Aug 10, 2012
    With the types of arguments supporting the UI status bar there is no way Valve will not add Mana bar for enemies in the future.

4. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    The only one that is a good idea is showing enemy inventory when you hover over them.

It will add another dimension to 2k games and quicker response time in top-ranked games so i have no problem with it. Showing mana bar is op as fuck.

5. pinkypub

pinkypub Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I like the idea of showing the mana bar when you hover over a unit, mostly because it would make it much harder to misclick on a creep (because the mana bar wouldn't be there for creeps).

6. Skurai

Skurai Member

Sep 25, 2009
    All should be choices and toggleable on and off though

Nazeekan likes this.