1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

New Riki Ult

Discussion in 'Meta-Game Discussion' started by flamegod0, Apr 2, 2018.

1. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Anyone enjoying the new riki ult?
    IMO, this new change really makes the agha build worthwhile even as a roam/core (need some good tanky hero to ride on tho). Or at least increase his viability in the meta.

What do you think guys?

2. vvjacobo

vvjacobo Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Its a pub destroyer in my 2 days experience with it. Makes me rethink of how fucking imba junero ultimate is.
    Destroying blade mail hood viper rushers like np.
    By the way do you know if battlefury works with it?
    do you know if damage buffs are active while atacking in it like empower?

Agree that the aghanim rapier build may be fun with, lets say, storm or puck in your team :)

3. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    yea. you can cleave with it. I do battle fury build as a core. it is really good actually.
    I almost always go agh as the 4th~6th item now. The extra attacks/duration + pocket utility is very mouthwatering. Also, you got free crit as lvl 15 talent nowadays (altho -CD on smoke screen is very good too).
    Go for roaming riki + clock as a team mate is also nice. the early cog + smoke combo is devastating on any int/core and late game he is a pretty good taxi.

4. vvjacobo

vvjacobo Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I have always picked the cloud cd reduction talent, its too good to pass, that cloud is one of the best non ulti skills in the game. Literally game breaking.

Im thinking that, if we are talking about a carry riki, and only if good early game, instead of going diffu or basher its so much better to go straight nullifier. It apllies the slow and you fuck bkb and forcestaff that are the only cloud counters. I can't think of one hero that can survive 1 vs 1 in a cloud against nullifier riki. And the 3 regen from dominator may be the only thing riki needs in early-mid game to do its job (scouting and clouding)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  5. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    nullifier certainly a good pickup IMO, especially because you dont need that much attack speed to damage. The main problem for nullifier only would be the less utility you provide with that. because on a big teamfight, diffusal/basher would have more utility (bash can occur more than twice on one ult, even before aghs, and diffusal will burn quite a lot of mana). But it is certainly a very good pick up if they are playing very splitpush oriented.

6. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
  7. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Aghs was always good on him.

Hero is still garbage though.

8. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Well it did increase his winrate by a very large margin, so it probably means his ult didn't get worse.

9. Zloydoter1241

Zloydoter1241 Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Probably will be nerfed in next patch at the end of april.

10. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    pango + riki = rolling taxi. very fun combo to try out with mates

11. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Any hero with good mobility or the ability to deal high amounts of damage while being in the middle of the fights is good with the new Riki, he needs just OoV, Diffusal and Scepter to be of huge help and a Basher to become extremely overwhelming.

12. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    yeah. just finish 2 games as riki as #3. 1st game going diffusal --> agha --> bash finish, 2nd game going BF --> agha --> bash --> 2nd BF --> daed (they got PL at the 2nd game).

The true power unlocks at lvl 25 if the game super late tho. and it is super scary. refresher as last item also very good.

One new thing I learned from that game, Apparently the ult automatically attacks non illusion, so actually BF is not really needed (altho the enemy got 4 mele so that 2 BF was super worth it for that game)