1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

New Chaos Knight Aghs

Discussion in 'Meta-Game Discussion' started by PizzaAndBeer, Dec 27, 2016.

1. PizzaAndBeer

PizzaAndBeer New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    In what situations/hero combos does this item shine with?

2. duble_dragon

duble_dragon Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Drow/Luna/AM/Tiny are the heroes with the damage to split push like that, but none of them have that level of control the way CK does with his own illusions, using reality rift. It's really not that amazing at all simply because they are still illusions, albeit pretty freakin strong illusions. Without RR synergy on the original hero, teamfighting with them is not really a good idea. That leaves splitpushing, which you just dropped 4200 gold into. This build also only ideally works on a support CK, which is incredibly difficult to execute without a KotL/CM or the like. He also is the type of support who will really struggle to do his job without the items to build up an aghs (despite having tree paths that really help his support role). CK is still a manfighting carry who doesn't rice.

3. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Works well on a roaming support CK. Wait for your carry to get initiated on, ult them to purge the stun, and stomp the enemy team with your super illusions.

4. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    When you have an Alchemist on your team.

No srsly, I can't think of a way to fit this on a carry CK. Supp CK can prolly with item progression like Armlet>Aghs

5. Kirijo-sama

Kirijo-sama Member

May 8, 2014
    morph max agi? + agha ck?
    ez tower?
    just theorycraft here, ck can't farm shit tho

6. JDF8

JDF8 Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Sniper is amazing IMO

TB is great too

void illus can hit freely in chronosphere

7. TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne Member

Jun 30, 2009
    how about PL? i assume they still get the dash and bonus agi?

8. xXinvoker420Xx

xXinvoker420Xx Member

Apr 5, 2014
    but he has a crit and lifesteal so he can buy bfury and make good use of it

9. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Probably as a cheese strategy in combination with Luna. Wouldn't get it as a carry ever, but it opens up the possibility of some kind of roaming CK that goes Aghs after small items.

Probably isn't good in general, but if you manage to get the item and have a decently farmed Luna, it could be far more annoying than an SD since you can just get a rax every CD.

10. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    I tried it on luna and it was still a lackluster.

11. BlizziC

BlizziC Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Its incredibly niche, could work in a 3 core team with strong illusions, like Terrorblade or Luna.

12. MortalKombat3

MortalKombat3 Member

Dec 29, 2016
    How to use Ahganim on CK?
    Watch SL i-League Starseries S3, LGD Gaming VS Vici Gaming Potential, game 1 (18.12.2016).
    XZ clearly shows how it works!
    He start as support CK (their Vengeful Spirit is main carry!). When he uses his ult on VS, illusions just obliterate enemy team. In the end, his CK has networth and game impact equal to other carries, despite starting as pos4 support.

13. Freaky Alien Genotype

Freaky Alien Genotype Moderator Staff Member

Jul 11, 2009
    The only time I feel like Aghs would be good on him is when he's pushed into a role he is very much not suited for. He has incredibly low mana, a low int gain, is very level dependent, can't farm during down time for shit. I honestly am not sure what the rationale for this upgrade was since I can't see it being anything other than just another Alchemist Aghs.

14. MortalKombat3

MortalKombat3 Member

Dec 29, 2016
    CK has high HP, damage, armor and movespeed at level 1. He can also go jungle to get some extra level/cash.
    Yes, he has low mana, but there are many other support heroes with low mana (actually, most str and agi supports). The question is, does he have ENOUGH mana to be useful early? I think, he has enough. Even his base mana pool is enough to cast 2 stuns, and with +4 stats from wand (+charges), he can cast reality rift twice as well. CK isnt supposed to spam his spells anyway, he should use them only to kill enemy or save friend.
    Yes, obviously CK is a greedy support. He needs some gold and exp from kills, he may even want to farm jungle for a while, or farm lane a bit after your carry goes jungle. It isnt so much different to how many other supports work in competive games (where carries often go jungle to allow supports get some cash and exp). All that you may see in LGD vs Vici gaming potential match i mentioned. BTW, in that game, Vengeful Spirit was a main carry (despite she's usually played a support) and CK was a support (despite he's usually played as carry). And they won. Sure, it was an experimental setup, but it worked. Both VS and CK were very useful through whole game.

15. Combaticus

Combaticus Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I feel like this patch wasn't very kind to Ck. Aghs only seems useful in a support role, and even then it doesn't seem like the best. He still farms as slow as ever and RR does less burst than before, making kills early harder to find.

16. MortalKombat3

MortalKombat3 Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Actually, new CK is insanely powerful. Patch made him stronger, not weaker.
    His illusions can now benefit from his attack speed. They benefit from armlet, from cuirass, from moonshard... Agi illusion caries stack agility because it boosts their damage as well, but CK is Str carry, and attack speed was always a weak spot for him. Not so anymore!
    Chaos Strike now has 65% lifesteal. In average, lvl4 Chaos Strike is like having 20% lifesteal. Not bad. isnt it? It helps to sustain Armlet a lot, and armlet is almost core for him.
    Reality Rift now applies a reliable armor reduction. Previously, you should pray for Chaos Strike to happen to reduce enemy armor, now enemy armor is reduced whenever you want. It's actually much better that mere flat damage, and it works well for support CK too (reducing armor so your carries can melt an enemy).
    His talents are also nice, for example, 20% cd reduction at 25 level is no joke (it works for manta, BoT and even HoT), and bkb-piercing rift can counter some setups.

Many other "carry" heroes have "support" aghanims (Sven, Weaver, Morphling, etc.) Sometimes, you can play them as support and make great use of those aghanims. Weaver's Aghanim is no joke, it easily turns the tables in teamfight, turning stunned almost-dead carry into brand-new again.

17. xXinvoker420Xx

xXinvoker420Xx Member

Apr 5, 2014

if you take the cd talent at 25 was it? with aghs the cd on your ult goes down to 88 seconds which is very good

18. Freaky Alien Genotype

Freaky Alien Genotype Moderator Staff Member

Jul 11, 2009
    And how often do you think a support CK is going to hit level 25? Supports don't get there for the most part, so relying on that talent to back up the decision to run a support CK is beyond risky.