1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Nature's Prophet

Discussion in 'Meta-Game Discussion' started by LordLJenkins, Dec 31, 2016.

1. LordLJenkins

LordLJenkins Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I wanna discuss Nature's Prophet because although this hero was popular for a short while last year, it's completely disppeared from competitive and is unseen in pub, and I personally find this hero bad.

Usually a hero has his role in teamfights (or in clashes). It could be DPS, initiator, stunner, or else. The tricky part about Nature's Prophet is that he has no fixed role in a clash. His role totally depends on his farm and other nine heroes' farm, and when his farm is behind, he has totally no role to play, he is trashed. You have to carefully consider what role to play as Nature's Prophet. A little too conservative, you are useless, a little too bold, you feed. As the hero is fast paced and should grasp every second to fly around and farm, you don't even have time to consider the question. Not to count the hero needs micro skills.

And now, as other heroes are powercreeped, it's more and more hard for Nature's Prophet to get ahead. Before when he was behind, he could use Midas to comeback, but Midas is now too expensive. Icefrog has been discouraging summon pushes in recent patches, so it's difficult for treants to make a miracle, and Prophet is easily ganked on the way. I believe Nature's Prophet desperately needs a buff.

2. effreit89

effreit89 Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I never actually win with the guy.. i honestly don't know what to do with him..

needs like 9999999 gold to do meh right-click
    or
    8888888 gold to do his job pushing properly

and he kinda starves his allies much like tinker

don't know about the 3.3k hp treants tho.. never seen it

3. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    I build Vlads on him if nobody else does it, seems to help the ratting game a lot

Deso is still a no-brainer core item ofc
    also Travels to push 2 lanes like crazy

Drum or maybe new HotD could be an option as well, I mean you activate Drums with treants hitting the tower and/or leave a good neutral aura there before leaving.

rat Dota best Dota, they said

4. LordLJenkins

LordLJenkins Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Vlad is a great item on anyone who push lane to tower, Nature's Prophet doesn't make the item any greater, because although he has treants, he can't live long enought to hit a tower. Deso is good when you already hit hard, doesn't work on NP when behind.

5. Groddl

Groddl New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I think furion still has hes niche, he is good against greedy lineup that comes online slowly. When paired with some good gankers and early teamfighting heroes, he can be very active during the early and midgame, and he thrives with lead and good mapcontrol. So after won lanes you take mapcontrol and end the game, furion will also help taking the objectives, rosh included.

Sure there are lots of other lineups that you can use to punish greedy lineups, but i think furion has his place here.

And ofc that usual classic force pushing with mass aghs creeps if enemy has about 0 waveclear. The thing is, this really never happens though :D

6. xXinvoker420Xx

xXinvoker420Xx Member

Apr 5, 2014
    it never happens because all it takes is a single battlefury and its pretty much over, especially how great bfury is now you just have to hope you can outmanouver the enemy team while thers a 4v5 going on across the map and you and your treants take a t3 and rax