1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Mystery Island Adventure (Game Thread)

Discussion in 'Forum Games & Comedy' started by Saved, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Saved

Saved Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Feeling a bit down after being shunned by Eroberer, Misty decides to visit Snood over in Erohw's workshop. The goblins aren't around at the time, so she just walks right in. The cyborg-man is lying there with his eyes closed, his power core dimly glowing, as usual. She takes a look around the workshop; seems like the goblins have been busy crafting all sorts of strange looking devices. Though apparently they've not been able to repair Snood, who had fallen into a coma since they'd just reached the island.

Misty turns towards the sleeping cyborg. "Hello there. Still resting?"

She sighs. "Remember when you told me you'd protect me?... Looks like you were the one who needed protecting..."

She sits down on a nearby workshop chair. "Things have gotten so confusing around here. I just needed a quiet place to stay for a little while... hope you don't mind..."

She soon falls asleep in the chair.

2. Anukali-kun

Anukali-kun Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Instead of going to rest, he proceed into Lawrence's place. He ask him he's ready for teleportation to the other friendly base.

3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper Member

Jan 11, 2013
    2rnCsVB.png
    "You can see quite a lot from the entrance then. Let's!"

He led Clarisa and the puppet toward the front entrance, a pair of heavy metallic door opening into an abyss like a massive maw. Thick stench of old blood buffetted them from within and flames could be seen randomly spouting deep within the otherwise dark interior, illuminating the bloodstained walls. Just how many corpses would be required to thoroughly paint such a massive structure with blood..?

The puppet staggered in. It saw winding, zigzagging passages seemingly built without rhyme or reason. At times the floor vanished into a black void without any rails whataoever, creating an insidious trap when combined with the horrible lighting. Metallic pipes snaked through the walls, periodically blasting flames into the passages that illuminated the surrounding as well as posing some threat to anything that wanders the depth. Cages filled the place, hanging from the ceiling, built into cells, even replacing sections of the floor, some of them didn't even have any door.

And the creatures. Humanoid yet horribly twisted monsters with what few articles they had merged with their deathly pale skin, from masks to loincloth and torture implement still stuck on their body. Some were in cages, shivering and ocassionally banging at the metallic bars. Some wandered randomly, not sparing a second glance to the puppet. Some fell into the void, followed by a silence and the eventual sickening crunch of flesh meeting stone.

Most of them were malnourished and thin, carrying assorted arms - crossbows, flaying knives, executioner's blade, even severed iron shackles. Some were burly and large, also in assorted state from near nude until a rare one carrying a tower shield and a strange spear with massive crescent blade instead of the usual speartip.

2rnCsVB.png
    "...anything notable?"

Whidiee and Saved like this.
  4. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper Member

Jan 11, 2013
    8nyTNuM.png
    "Alright, I'll take you."

5. Luminatron

Luminatron Member

Aug 12, 2017
    gmnt.png
    "..."
    Grade stared for a second at how cute her expression was just then. He scratched his chin lightly.

"Is that so..."

It'd probably be safe... as long as they don't go too deep in... Even at this distance, I can sense it... The massive human-looking clump of essence and metal...

Grade's eyes turned to his palm, as if checking for something. His expression remained unchanged. He glanced back at Isery.

gmnt.png
    "..."

Ah... He had no clue what to say. Furthermore, her hand was still on his back...

Whidiee likes this.
  6. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper Member

Jan 11, 2013
    s8CFzyC.png
    "So? Feeling better yet?" She grinned. "It always help to talk to someone, just get it out of your system."

7. Whidiee

Whidiee Member

Aug 31, 2017
    "Great. Just great." Clarisa muttered.
    [​IMG]
    "Seems we got some nice traps." She told him. "Just spotting flametowers at walls and sometimes the floor disappeared."

"Archers equipped with crossbows, knight holding heavy cleavers... One spearmen." Clarisa stopped. "Maybe that one is miniboss here."

Undead's face jerked as if its master tried to squint. Truly, nude-party in front of her didn't make pleasant sight at all.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 12:34 PM
    A5G_Reaper likes this.
  8. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper Member

Jan 11, 2013
    2rnCsVB.png
    "Sounds like some of the guys we meet out here." He gestured to the barren land behind them, some of the cleaver and crossbow wielding creatures still wandering at the distance. "No way up yet huh? Keep looking I guess."

The large undead aforementioned turned its head toward the puppet, its eyes not visible beneath the intimidatingly spiky helmet. Clarisa's puppet quickly scurried away, as careful as it could, even as the larger dead kept facing toward its direction until it turned the corner.

After an hour of wandering - quite surprising how twisted the passages is - the puppet finally found some kind of path forward, meeting some weird floating creatures shaped like flame-wreathed human skulls on the way. It was barely a narrow slope, diagonally building up in a narrow angle. One went up while another went down toward a different direction, neither had handrails. The one going up vanished into the darkness of the ceiling, there was one undead came shattering at the base before disintegrating into ashes. Meanwhile the one going down went straight into a void where a huge portion of the floor vanished, several flaming skulls vaguely flying in the darkness.

There's one problem though - due to the twisting pathways, she had no idea which way to take to reach the place. It's roughly three-quarter of the fort from the entrance they're at, based on the puppet's position.

9. Whidiee

Whidiee Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Okay...

Clarisa's trying to not openly voice her frustration and decide to going down, take steps carefully. That flaming skulls are new sight, so maybe there's something down there...

10. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper Member

Jan 11, 2013
    The trip down took plenty of time, mainly because Clarisa had the puppet stepping gingerly and slowly - the slope was long yet narrow, barely enough for one of the big undead to pass, and the distinct lack of fireblast means there's no temporary lighting. The flaming skulls peacefully swimming in the void wasn't anywhere near bright enough to satisfactorily reveal the path.

Eventually, the puppet stepped on flat floor. Clarisa's sense told her that it's roughly fifty meters lower than the starting point... and was immediately facing another environmental predicament.

It's standing in an island among a whole expanse of abyssal darkness. The fireblast returned, illuminating platforms built into numerous large pillars around the island - little islands inbetween hellish fall. It shouldn't be much challenge to moderately fit people but the puppet was nowhere near qualified for that - not to mention the slippery-looking bloodstains and random fireblast and whatever enemies lurk in the darkness.

Curiously, one particular side was strangely dark. The flaming skulls wandering around vaguely revealed some more pillar platforms, but these looked unstained albeit old and dusty. And there's no random jet of flame licking potential traveller.

It did similarly require a leap of faith to reach... and the prospect of jumping without illumination is quite intimidating. Nevertheless, a decision had to be made.

11. Luminatron

Luminatron Member

Aug 12, 2017
    "Ah..."

gmnts.png
    "Yeah. Thanks."

Entirely forgetting about Rayleigh and Clarisa's situation, the thought popped in his head that Blake interrupted Isery's work... He glanced at the table. It seemed she was in the midst of making imitations of the Calling Horn.

"So... Have you... Do... How's work?"

He's at a loss for words.

A5G_Reaper and Saved like this.
  12. Whidiee

Whidiee Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Clarisa can't sacrifice her one and only undead, especially after travelling this deep and there's less chance that it can climbing up.

It soon turned around and take other path.

13. Anukali-kun

Anukali-kun Member

Jun 19, 2013
    <pls proceed for it, describe how it be>

Saved likes this.
  14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper Member

Jan 11, 2013
    s8CFzyC.png
    "Still stuck at the horns." She gestured at a pair of warhorns on the table, almost identical in shape and carvings. "It shouldn't be the horn itself, I suspect the carvings are purely decorational and the material is quite common. So there's something in either to tools or methods that I've been missing..."

And so the puppet shuffled up, and up, and up...

It went up to the previous floor and turned toward the path up, starting yet another bout of careful climb. The memory of one of the undead falling was still fresh on her mind, her puppet very carefully confirming solid footing before taking every step.

Eventually it reached flat floor. There's a room not far ahead, the puppet almost unconsciously approached it - ignoring the passages on the sides.

It was a spacious room. The puppet stood at the entrance, barely making out the outline from what few light refracted from the flamethrowers outside. The room was devoid of habitation, living or otherwise, and practically empty save for some debris...

...a flash. The puppet blinked and see the room filled with people, hardy survivors making due.

...then someone strode in at her side. An armed watcher moved to block the newcomer, and was promptly eviscerated.

A man in gourd helmet sliced the last defending guardian in half, his lower half fell with a spray of blood joining the trails of freshly slaughtered bodies from the entrance. The killer flicked the blood off his blade and coldly approach some survivors huddling in a corner, and he raised his blade...

No!!!

Clarisa blinked, along with the puppet. The vision faded like mirages, the warm candlelit room returned to the defiled and bloody wall of the Red Hall of Cages. But the layout was exactly the same - there was an altar where some kind of candlelabra sat in her vision, the chip in the floor where the tent pole was laid, and, most sickeningly, were the smooth, aged marks on the stone where the murderer's blade cut through along with his victims...

2rnCsVB.png
    "...Clarisa? You alright?"

8nyTNuM.png
    "Stay close now, you dont want to leave a body part out of the circle."

The standard runic circle rose around Lawrence. Then a loud bang followed his departure, carrying the passenger toward the western part of the island. An equally loud bang announced his arrival, although the hosts were used enough to it not to shoot on sight. A particularly aged figure was atop the battlement, rather surprised by the sudden visit.

Lucy (1).png
    "Lawrence? What brought you here friend?"

Whidiee and Saved like this.
  15. Anukali-kun

Anukali-kun Member

Jun 19, 2013
    "Greetings! I am Eroberer, one of party member of Miss Jazdia's party but didn't get dragged along with them on the previous expedition.

I'm here to check pier and about to meet some other party member of ours."

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 9:49 AM
    Saved likes this.
  16. Whidiee

Whidiee Member

Aug 31, 2017
    That scene before left her mentally exhausted all of sudden. Clarisa taking deep breath before registering Rayleigh's question.

"I think i'm fine."

17. Luminatron

Luminatron Member

Aug 12, 2017
    gmnt.png
    "It could be someone's magic. But then again... I wonder if they found their power strange. Y'know, enchanting warhorns to create wormholes disguised as doors shaped to the user's liking. It sounds like whoever made these things... is a carpenter. A magical carpenter."

Grade crossed his legs and held his chin.

"You know... I came back to the place where Skijor and Herad died. There was a wooden cross in there... It may have been just a hallucination, but I think there was someone nailed to it too. There was a... maddening presence that came with it. Honestly I can still feel it in the corner of my mind." Grade said as he scratched the back of his head.

"I only know of one such magical carpenter, through old books... but he died at least three millenia ago... and, he was also nailed to a cross.

"What are the odds?"

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 12:49 PM
    A5G_Reaper likes this.
  18. Anukali-kun

Anukali-kun Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Grisella is nearby beside her. Watching her asleep.

Seems even her, Eroberer refused to get accompany with her to his journey.

Saved likes this.