1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortred - Blend and Ult [Reworks]

Discussion in 'Remakes' started by Daddy Sven, May 9, 2018.

1. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Blend - Reworked

Passive: Gains 20%/30%/40%/50% evasion

Active: Mortred's player model disappears, leaving only her shadow behind. (Hero owner and allies will see Mort at 20% transparency). During this form, she vanishes from the minimap, gains phased movement and every time she passes through an enemy unit, gains bonus attack speed for one attack.

Detection Radius: 1600
    AS Bonus: 25/50/75/100 (does not stack from multiple units)
    AS buff Duration: 1 attack or 3 seconds
    Active Duration: 10 seconds
    CD: 22 seconds
    Mana cost: 40

Coup de Grace - Reworked

Passive: Attacking an enemy marks it for death. Each attack on that target and every attack evaded from it, makes the mark more potent. Mortred can deliver a devastating critical strike on a marked target.

Mark for Death grants a 15% chance to land a critical strike on the enemy. Each attack and evade increase the proc damage. Upon successful critical strike, the Mark resets. Changing targets also resets the mark for death stacks on your last target.

Base Critical Damage: 175%/250%/325%
    Bonus Critical Damage: 15%/20%/25%
    Mark Duration: 8 seconds

Haasva likes this.
  2. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Not sure about the blur daddy, but I seriously would love the coup de grace rework. It is like giving a PRD on top of a PRD. at least it won't explode your support randomly given the bad/good luck of some people.
    However, I would recommend that stifling dagger on different target won't reset your current normal-attack-target mark.

Daddy Sven likes this.
  3. asokaaso2

asokaaso2 Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I think the blur was a reference to her dota 1 version

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Daddy Sven likes this.
  4. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    I really want model invisibility Mortred back!

5. asokaaso2

asokaaso2 Member

Apr 26, 2014
    tiny has it on ability draft if you pick his ulti hahaha

6. Skurai

Skurai Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Blend - PA's blink means she often doesnt go through creeps much. I find windwalking through creeps for damage seem weird on her. This is better on fletcher.
    The old blur, 20% or 100% transparency is great. Would be nice to see it brought back.

Coup de grace - This is good. Well thought of. Perhaps can add a passive counter on motred to show the current crit chance before it triggers and resets it. I assume this crit works for dagger as well.

7. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Thank you for the review. As a melee hero, PA can execute move>attack commands on the target, in order to get the bonus IAS. Clinks can't really do that, as he's ranged and wouldn't be beneficial for him to trade one advantage for another. The general combo with the rework is to now jump on the target, wait for all bonus IAS attacks to be used up, activate Blur and move attack to both confuse and gain benefit from the increased attack speed. If you time your move during the enemy's backswing, you can technically put them in a small loop where they can't attack you, as they would constantly have to move around in order to connect a hit. Note that this works only vs targets with low attack speed and is most effective if PA has good bonus MS.