1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

[Misc]In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Torte de Lini, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Feedback and suggestions appreciated.
    I will be migrating the content from my LiquidDota.com topic to here.

2. Elendilli

Elendilli New Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Good job continue what you're doing

3. judhapanggabea7

judhapanggabea7 New Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Great work torte! As someone who stopped dota for 8 months (2~3 patches with 1 huge one (item addition) ) I can refer to this as I try to get back on my groove.
    Question though, how would you like these builds to be discussed ?
    Here ? ( which can get quite messy and when new patches hit, they get irrelevant) , steam page ? (which seems to not have much discussions going on) , or individual threads on PD ? (which also might not get attention (or yours specifically as the creator/data miner) )

4. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Thank You

Thank you.

Feedback is generally appreciated here or when the /r/HeroBuilds subreddit is setup (I'm trying to figure out a bot that can transcript my patch changes).

LiquidDota will still be the place where I am actively posting in - but I will post each 15-day published changes (and stats) here and respond to inquiries/feedback.

As for feedback, the ideal way for feedback is to provide an explanation behind a suggestion. I cannot implement all suggestions as I prefer to keep the builds succinct, but I do respond to feedback rapidly.

5. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    First Page has been properly updated with all relevant information.

6. Wonkdonkler

Wonkdonkler Moderator Staff Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Phenomenal work, keep it up! :)

One thing that could be fun - a little section "something fun to try out", be it a certain item build, skill build, lane combo or something else. Of course, not necessary for every hero, but it could be interesting.

(maybe check out claniraq's builds for that)

7. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Thank you.

I would love to do fun/funny builds, but 150 builds (and Monkey King coming) is my actual limit. Maintaining these guides is 3-4 hour daily responsibility. When a new patch hits, I have to do update or verify all texts, titles, item/hero builds in the next 48 hours (otherwise I get spammed) and the follow-through of two weeks of closely monitoring builds both in-game, via Dotabuff, feedback and on community boards/opinions.

Here is an excerpt from my Year-in-Review article:

8. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    It would be great if PlayDota had Dota Hero Icons under the 'Smilies' Tab
    Also, when changing titles to include '[HERO]' brackets, please add a space after (e.g.: "[Meta] Standard Hero Builds Project"). Specifically for the guides subforum, topic titles should be allowed to be publicly edited from the original poster.

9. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator Staff Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I believe you can edit your thread title

10. Wonkdonkler

Wonkdonkler Moderator Staff Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Damn that's a huge time investment, and your guides never let me down, even bigger props your way.

Maybe one day (especially if you get someone to work with you), there is a little "fun" section under every guide :)

11. VerminDota

VerminDota New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    The doom builds have a typo in the second sentence it says "...can fulfill two roles: One being an auto-attacked..."

It should be auto-attacker. The icon for infernal blade is still the LVL? Death icon as well

12. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I cannot.

Thank you.

Since the guides are on my Steam Account, there can never be a way for someone to truly 'work' for me sadly. I have to do all the changing myself. With financial support, I can dedicate more time and expand the project to more guides.

Thanks I'll fix the typo.

The icon being outdated is a display issue - it reverts itself to the Infernal Blade icon in-game.

VerminDota likes this.
  13. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    After ~15 days (October 8 to October 23), we have risen from 170,200,148 to 172,924,739 combined subscriptions

A difference of 2.724,591
    Average Subscribers per Guide is 1,152,831.59
    Growth Percentage is 1.60%

5 least popular guides (bottom being the least popular):

5 most popular guides (top being the most popular):

Notable Growths in Subscriptions:

Newly Released Guides:

Patreon.com/Torte, this project continues to be made possible by the contributions of:

Alfred Vogl, Pearson Mewbourne, Leonardo Lambertini, Scott MacDonald, Sutas, Nicholas Chlumecky, Dice, Bartlomiej Jan Pasek, Mikey Kaminski, Ryan Goss, Startracker, Freeze ray, Nate Hubbard, The WLD Crew, Benjamin Miller, Kistaro Windrider, Elliot Cuite, Daniel Thackray, Jose Cacho, Matthew Nami, tale, Joel Absolom, Daxdiv, Hursha, Aaron Bell, Jason Davis, Cooper Johnson, Samuel Enocsson, JimmaDaRustla, slashershot, Igor Dolgiy, Ramona Brown, Duncan, Alishams Hassam, Leon Traill, Josh Laseter, Genc Musliu, Joshua Rodman, Moe Foster

Portions of their pledges will go to long-time community members, dedicated to providing feedback to keep this collection of hero builds accurate to current standards of play.​

14. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    This latest update and hero builds changes was made possible thanks to the feedback and knowledge of the following community members. Sincere thank you to:

18.32% of last month's unique players [13,132,940] are subscribed to the our highest subscribed guide: Sven Guide

Phantom Assassin (2,026,474)
    Phantom Lancer (2,013,435) recently hit the 2 million mark

Bloodseeker (Core/Safe) (1,000,849) recently hit the 1 million mark

Six guides are currently swimming towards the 1 million mark: Naga Siren, Bane, Brewmaster, Oracle, Sniper, Treant Protector

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  15. andenrx

andenrx New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    You need to update your OD build really bad. You have the 86 skill build on OD still.

Also not sure if this is a guide issue, or that your Invoker is out of date, but you can't/shouldn't skill invoke level 1.

16. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    86 skill build?
    I'm in the process of moving, so I have not updated the builds in a month or two.

Invoker: It's a guide issue. It displays getting level 1 Invoke, but in reality - it is already level so the guide skips to what is set at level 2. In other words, it's bug display problem and not how I've set the actual leveling for the hero (the correct leveling is properly displayed in-game)

17. andenrx

andenrx New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    By 86 build, I mean 4-1-4 build. Everyone goes 1-4-4 nowadays.

18. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I have it on my 'to-do' list of heroes to check. Will get around to it by this week at minimum.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

19. Torte de Lini

Torte de Lini New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    ed

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  20. judhapanggabea7

judhapanggabea7 New Member

Oct 9, 2016