1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Last Man Standing - [New Kill Streak]

Discussion in 'Visual & Gameplay Ideas' started by Daddy Sven, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy Sven

Daddy Sven Moderator Staff Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Last Man Standing is a kill streak, designed to encourage pushing or provide additional defensive strengths to a lone hero after a big team fight confrontation. For the remainder of this thread, I will refer to this streak as LMS.

• LMS grants the hero bonus damage to lane creeps and enemy buildings, as well as a movement speed bonus while inside a lane. This buff lasts until an enemy hero revives.

Bonus Damage:
      50%
      Bonus Movement: 150 (flat bonus)
      Duration: Until an enemy revives

Note:
      -Bonus damage affects all sources from your hero: attacks, spells and even the attacks and spells of summoned/controlled units.

• LMS can be gained only when all of your allies are dead and you get a kill or assist on the last remaining enemy hero. The buff it provides is only lost, once an enemy revives.

As pointed out initially, this can help a defending team, survive longer after a heavy teamfight in their base, or allow for some additional pushing to be done by a lone hero after a deadly confrontation. In the early game this will be hard to achieve and with the quick respawn times, it won't affect average game times. Where this streak shines is late game, especially since it can bait a buyback from the enemy. This also gives an incentive on a lone player to try and hunt down the last remaining enemy hero, as he can get a tremendous pushing advantage.

2. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I might not understand this correctly, but this would promote pushing as lonely hero when all the 9 heroes are dead. Wouldn't you agree with me that generally this is the best play, and doesn't need incentive? I like the idea that there will be more of a hunt to get that last kill, but that would mean you could just as easily lose that kill. I doubt this will be relevant though, because early game there is no time to use it because of short respawn times, and lategame people will have buybacks, and buildings melt anyways.

It's an interesting idea, but I fear it might be too underwhelming after thinking about it, I started thinking this would be too strong ;)

[​IMG]
    Couldn't help it...

3. Daddy Sven

Jun 22, 2010
    I did address the part where it's not going to have an impact early game. That's intentional as this is not so much for shortening games, but balancing out the cap of their length. Values are WIP and some additional ones can be added. As for:
    Depends on who is the survivor, how much HP and mana he has left, lane status, position of LMS owner, enemy buyback status etc...

Let's take this scenario as an example:
    -There are at least 2 enemies with an available buyback.
    -Your hero is mid lane near T2 position (this tower was already destroyed)
    -T3 tower is at full HP and before you can reach it there is a creep wave you have to deal with
    -Your hero has no gold for buyback and is at 30% HP

In this scenario you have two valid options:

#1 Attempt to utilize the buff and continue pushing mid:
    -In this case, there is a chance that the enemy will buyback, ending immediately the buff. Additionally with a TP to a Well, they can intercept and kill you. With the bonuses you can deal with the creep wave fast and do some damage to the tower, but you risk your life in the process. Albeit at the cost of baiting a buyback.

#2 TP to a safer lane and push it out:
    -With the bonus damage to creeps, you can quickly force another lane and acquire some needed gold.
    -The chances of the enemy buybacking is much slimmer, even if a T1 is at risk.

There are indeed flaws in the current version of this streak, so I'm open to suggestions.

4. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I don't have any ideas sadly. I think this needs a better explanation of why this is needed in the game, what is the current game lacking and what would this idea solve.

5. Daddy Sven

Jun 22, 2010
    After some consideration I'm backing off from this proposal. I still stand behind its benefits, however there are some negative side effects, which I won't go over right now. If I revive this suggestion, I may bring them up as arguments.

/thread temp closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.