1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm pissed...any way to get a refund?

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by vorsybl, Jun 21, 2018.

1. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I'm dead broke because i spent the last 14 months playing dota all day in the "shadow pool" and only learned about that mechanism in matchmaking.

I woke up early today, wanted to play ONE game, just one, before work. Instead I've been waiting almost an hour for a game. So I shut that disgusting diarrhea off.

I just checked my bank account. This disgusting fucking game just "renewed my dota 2 plus subscription" for 4 dollars. Is there anyway of undoing this? Because i can buy a bagel for myself and a coffee which will get me through a whole day of work.

If I was enjoying my dota games, like I fucking get it already, jesus christ. There's 500k players online, and literally i can't find a game because they've made my account so that i only play with the same people so what, if they're not online, i dont get a game?

Fuck that shit, i want my 5 dollars back so i can feed myself since i can't even find a game when i have time anyway what the fuck am i going to do with dota plus, wipe my ass with it?

ManOnTheCan and frigidsoul like this.
  2. slipkwar

slipkwar Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Try to play in peak hours or don't, playing to much Dota without wining is unhealthy.

3. Abdulink

Abdulink Member

Aug 8, 2010
    'insert generic volvo fanboy response'

frigidsoul likes this.
  4. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    shadowpool is a meme
    you are fool to believe the crap you hear in your local dota chat

5. Abdulink

Abdulink Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Are you trolling?

frigidsoul likes this.
  6. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    maybe you should learn how to be a good boy :innocent:

7. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Open a ticket on Steam Support, QAC.

8. Rubz

Rubz Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I really don't understand why this guy still plays Dota. It never sounds as if it brings him any pleasure.

ZealotCatfish and Mimic like this.
  9. RNGeezus

RNGeezus Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Best way to play DotA is to not be attached to your account, so then you can just create a new one when you feel like it. You bypass all of valves shitty shadowpool systems that cater to the people who pay hundreds of dollars.

Valve doesn't mind this either as it gives them more accounts created. All you have to do is take your userdata folder in your steam program files and copy the settings in it to your new account and you will have the same bindings, setup, everything. Then queue for unranked and turbo and have fun.

Literally only takes 1 minute to get up and running and you'll find a match within a minute or two. Oh and did I mention that you can do this all with the same email? Pretty sure I have like 30 accounts linked to my email :LOL::cautious::X3::);)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    frigidsoul likes this.
  10. slipkwar

slipkwar Member

Dec 11, 2009
    There is a word for that: masochist

11. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Nah, the 12 hours I had "normal" behavior score, after staying silent for 20-30 matches from C- score, and losing most of them, my wait times were never longer than 5 minutes, and each game had random people on my team I'd never seen before.

Literally, i've played like 5 matches in the last week, compared to the 10-15 / day before when i was unemployed, and in three of them I had the same people showing up from all the last months ive been in shadow pool.

Thnx will do when i get home. I'd keep it if I was having a good matchmaking experience.

Coz I dunno what I'm gonna do with all the free time if I stopped.

Unfortunately I can only play ranked dota, any other type of unranked is a waste of time to me. To give an example: It's like the Spliff, I can't smoke 420 even if it's fire, because it tastes like ass by itself. Therefore, I always roll it with a splash of rolling tobacco, improving the burn and taste.

Also, I guess yeah, I could make a new account, and play unranked. But I'd have to wait 3 months to play ranked, which, arguably would be "Good" for me. And tbh, I'm not gonna make any money from playing 1k dota for 3 months either...hmm

This is all about money folks. I want to play dota to get 4 other people together and start winning some money @ tournaments. That's the only reason why I'm still playing lmao.

12. RNGeezus

RNGeezus Member

Nov 18, 2014
    You would be surprised, I often get matched with top 1000 people in unranked and turbo games. It calibrates you higher depending on how much you can influence your game. Unfortunately valve hasn't hired any new programmers that know what they are doing so they have trouble accounting turbo games into the calibration formula. if you play strictly all pick for a few games and completely dumpster them, you'll get ranked among higher players. I don't play for money though, I just play to dumpster kids as stress relief. Chances of you getting money seem slim unless you manage to get a good team. If you want to try me out sometime, ill be your mid. I feel you could make more money doing DotA videos though than from actual tournaments, more reliable too.

frigidsoul likes this.
  13. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Work out, learn to play guitar, learn to invest in the stock market, date random girls on tinder, lots of fun stuff.

ZealotCatfish likes this.
  14. Abdulink

Abdulink Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Oh now you auto assumed I was in the shadow pool? Amazing.

15. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Yo for sure let's play man. And thanks for that last tip, I've kept my twitch channel up even though I've only played a few matches this past week, and none of them were stream worthy. Honestly, I can't remember a game where the laning made sense at the start of the game. My last match, I picked AM coz i Saw a shaman on my team, ASSUME he'd support safe lane buy wards etc, nah none of it. I had a riki come in lane and had to try and last hit against 3 people instead of 2, at which point I lacked the energy to play any further coz i was tired from the day.

Like, can I get one game that makes sense in ranked mm lol? Anyway, if you're down to party up and play some matches dude, I'd be more than down. I'm seriously seriously reaching that end point where i could quit altogether only because I want to get better at things that I do so I can make more money down the line. I'm making barely any money at my new job, but it's better than no money I was making streaming dota for the last 14 months, and also the girl that sits next to me is very beautiful chinese girl. But yeah, can I add you later? What's your region so I know when to hit you up.

Bro I play drums, omg I would love to start playing drums again man I'd get really fucking good lol.

Nasty Cesspool.

16. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Just end your subscription now and uninstall dota, find yourself. Maybe find a arts&crafts like hobby you enjoy, or go for long walks. Really dota is not doing anything for you- you should reread your old posts, i think it's going to show you how dota affected you.

As for shadowpool, that's just a tinfoil conspiracy theory.

You aren't? Guess that's definite proof it doesn't exist.

17. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I'll be able to stop playing once I lose 10 games in a row with correct lane configuration, team tower defense, 4 wards aren't in stock for a half hour, and taking objectives on the map.

I'll be able to stop playing when Pos 1 + 5 are in safe lane. When pos 2 is middle, instead of 2 or 3 allies going middle because they're "fighting over it." When pos 3 is offlane.

I'll be able to stop playing when, the enemy is pushing one of our towers, and some allies rotated there with me and did a fight.

And, I'll be able to stop playing when I lose 10 games with the above conditions.

Seeing as how, every match I've played in the last 20 games, are the opposite of what I just said above, I'm not about to leave something ive invested 15 years in behind so easily, despite the fact that I'm dead broke, and have no real career path in sight.

When you play with these people, it's as if they're trying to lose, instead of win. I know that if I Pick shaman with an AM on my team, I'm going bot and doing everything i possibly can to make sure the AM gets farm, and strong. Instead, when I'm AM, I get a riki in my lane instead of shaman, doing absolutely nothing but making it harder to farm

I mean dude, these are basics, that anybody after playing what is it 200 300 matches of unranked to play ranked, should know. The only conclusion is:

• They know what to do, but would rather troll the match instead for their own weird pleasure.
    • They're mentally handicapped.
    • They don't know any better, which, leads me to believe they have some form of mental handicap after 200-300 games.
    THere's a fine line between expecting to win, and at least expecting the conditions to be normal.

But tbh, this next set of matches should determine how I'm gonna move forward. I am almost certain if I get low priority in the next 20 matches, I'll uninstall, because at that point, it's just too much time to get to "normal" matchmaking from that low of a point.

The only converse outcome is that I have "good behavior" even in the face of impossible conditions, and for me to do that, I'll have to really care about continuing to play. 20-30 matches is a large amount, so this should be my last test.

As of now, conduct summary =

1 abandon, 6 reports, 12 commends

Behavior score = C (for Cesspool obviously)
    MMR = 1225
    server = US East

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  18. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @vorsybl:
    6 reports, bad. 12 commends - good.
    But all is up to your allies.

1 abandon is all on you and is the one thing which hits your score the most.
    Do you see what is the small thing which have much bigger effect that you can imagine and you can easily change ?

19. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    It's weird. I did abandon but it wasn't in the last set of games in between conduct summary refreshes, not sure why it didn't update. But for sure, that abandon I'm pretty sure was from when my internet disconnected 2 weeks ago. I know better than to manually do it, unless I'm 100% finished with playing which, isn't the case yet.

Starting "fresh" so to speak on the next match I play, whenever that is gonna be. Any matches moving forward will count towards the next conduct summary refresh and, thanks to manontoilet, i can monitor the result of incoming reports after each game played. Won't be so tedious since my time is limited currently, I'd probably be able to get away with only one match / day. ACtually in this way, it should be much easier to not get reported across 30 game sample, since losing 4-8 games in a row is much more infuriating.

So let's see what happens!

In fact, now that I think about it, I can just rage in my twitch stream as opposed to in the actual game. I can say what's on my mind out loud without anybody who has the ability to report hearing it. Might attract some views, it's pretty funny to watch someone get mad over a video game.

Maybe title can be: "Escape from the 1k MMR Cesspool"

20. Abdulink

Abdulink Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Shadow pool was acknowledged by Valve.