1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Heya! korzero in da haus ;)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KoR_.Zero, May 12, 2017.

1. KoR_.Zero

KoR_.Zero New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Yo~! I've started playing DotA back in 2006 with my classmates when it became a mainstream title in Internet Cafes around our area. But I only really focused on playing it around the time MIRANA was first introduced to the game.

My friends and I created a group called "Knights Of Rounds (KoR)" //was inspired by the anime Code Geass// in December of 2010 with the hopes of gaining more friends online who loved DotA as much as we did. We've met new faces, learned new strategies and discovered various ways of obtaining tournament infos etc. etc.

From there, we were able to know when and where DotA tournaments were to be held days or months even before it started. This knowledge allowed us to join several local and national tournaments by shuffling our efforts between school and DotA with the right timing just enough to pump our grades as high as possible prior to the tournament date so that we can afford to be absent several days from class in order to compete.

The cash prizes back then were just a tiny $100 for the grand prize. So people started betting for more cash each game. We were able to garner around $25,000+ in 2~3 years from DotA alone... and some more cash from other games - totaling to around $40,000... It's all gone now... we spent it all xD

So... anyways, I hope we can be friends too =)

TheArsonist likes this.
  2. TheArsonist

TheArsonist Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Welcome to the PlayDota forums!

Did you buy a tank with that money and attempted to place it in a mall?

3. KoR_.Zero

KoR_.Zero New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    :p Nahh, we just kept partying and stuff everytime we met with other guildies for some friendly in-house skirmishes. Most of it was spent on food and drinks but we did invest some amount on our gaming PCs.

and some games we competed in required *a bit* of in-game purchases to have stronger characters so...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

TheArsonist likes this.
  4. Kyf-

Kyf- New Member

Oct 9, 2016
    hey dude, supp? been a while doesn't it?