1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Help, can it run Dota 2?

Discussion in 'Tech & Programming' started by SadisticRomeo, Dec 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SadisticRomeo

SadisticRomeo New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Hi , just wanted to check with you guys on what GPU to get to play DOTA 2? I have recently found an old system that I had and was wanting to rebuild it for DOTA 2 purposes only, and some other games that are release last 2011 maybe ?

here are the system specs:

CPU: Pentium Dual Core E6600 3.06ghz
    RAM: 2gb Kingston 1333mhz (I have two placed so technically 4gb is installed)
    MoBo: P5G43T-M Pro
    GPU: PowerColor 1gb DDR3 128bit
    HDD: WD 500gb Caviar Black

so there, also if you could probably recommend a good PSU along with ur suggested GPU, the psu currently has a busted fan. so im planning to replace it as well but it depends on the GPU, i dont mind a little bottlenecking so long as DOTA 2 is playable if so around Medium to High at around 1080, again if possible .. i dont mind uprading the RAM though if it is required, thanks :)

2. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    You're pretty boned with what you have.

To upgrade your GPU you'd have to upgrade your motherboard, and if you upgrade your motherboard you probably have to upgrade your CPU as well. Obviously with all those upgraded you need at least a 600W power supply and at that point you may as well get 8GB of RAM.

You'd need a full upgrade bud.

3. SadisticRomeo

SadisticRomeo New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Hi, what do you actually mean by upgrading gpu, i need to upgrade mobo as well ? Cause I saw some youtube videos with this cpu, they can use a 650ti with the same mobo,