1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest Tweak to spirit breaker!

Discussion in 'Remakes' started by mapdesigner, Aug 9, 2017.

1. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Charge of darkness no longer triggers linken sphere spell block.

flamegod0 and Haasva like this.
  2. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Or only if casted in 3000 aoe near target.

3. flamegod0

flamegod0 New Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I agree with this. cancelling linken from global range is not a good idea.
    Maybe just trigger the linken when it hits.
    I cant think more annoying linken canceller other than this.

4. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    @flamegod0
    @Haasva

yes it is powerful global linken breaker, but I named this a tweak because it is not just a nerf. it can be a buff. Linken blocking spirit breaker charge can be equally annoying to spirit breaker because I cant charge anyone with linken. it kind of hinders the hero quite a lot.

I thought it is just a bad design, and it could be solved by 2 ways. either make linken CD much more than Charge CD (like in the past it was good 16 sec compared to 12 sec charge cd) either that or make it not block charge.

I thought the second option is better and enable the hero function properly and do his job.

I dont know if u played vs wewer and storm spirit, but it is just so annoying for spirit breaker when they make linken, as if he cant do anything to them.

so I would say it is a tweak and it is closer to being a buff rather than a nerf. but it can sometimes be a nerf (when I play LC I use spirit breaker to break linken so I can duel)

Haasva likes this.
  5. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Make it pop linkens once you arrive and bash not before it. For what it stands, it is annoying as a linken breaker. With Bara breaking it on the other side of the map, he just makes ganking Linken user very easy.