1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Final Bo5 Upper Bracket +1 win ?

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by justsightseeing, Dec 27, 2016.

Bo5 upper bracket +1 win yes or no?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Do you think this is better format for double elimination format? i just see this in recent asian tournament and i feel like it's fair to give upper bracket finalist +1 win since, well, they never lose..

what do you think?

2. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Their reward is not having to play an extra Bo3 on the final day. Not losing doesn't mean you deserve an unfair advantage like that, its very easy for a bracket to favor your team, or to be bad for another team. Not every game of Dota is the same and winning a Bo3 against a team doesn't necessarily mean you are better than that team.

All series should start even.

Oesile and Mimic like this.
  3. Mimic

Mimic Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Right, not having to play an extra game is a good advantage. All series should have to start even. Not losing does not mean you deserve an unfair advantage like that. Not every game of DotA is the same.

4. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ah yes, i mean, should this happen, OFC the grand final must happen in the next day after LB final..

5. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Yep.

Take out the +1 win.

6. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I think this is especially true when the Grand Finals and Loser Bracket finals are on the same day. And also the guys coming from Winners Bracket do get the advantage of having more of the opponent's games to analyze.

Although some players have said that it is not bad to have that momentum from winning the previous series when going into the final. I can imagine that is especially true if it was a tight losers final.

7. ILLUSETSUNA

ILLUSETSUNA Member

Jul 27, 2013
    They just do that to save time.