1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Ghostship bug or feature?

Discussion in 'Meta-Game Discussion' started by Mudak, May 2, 2018.

1. Mudak

Mudak Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Regular Ghostship crashes where you target, whether it be right in front of you or 1000 units away from you. Aghanim's-upgraded Ghostship on the other hands always lands 1000 units ahead of you.

Is this intentional or not? This is somewhat troublesome when comboing with Agh's + Refresher.

2. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    IIRC intentional to make ghost ship not a 2k range hook + stun (maybe)

3. Mudak

Mudak Member

Sep 25, 2014
    So this question has been raised before? Has an actual developer commented on this or is that just your interpretation?

There is another Kunkka bug also, or Kunkka-Rubick-bug to be exact:
    When Rubick steals XMTS and both Kunkka and Rubick mark the same target, only the first Return used works and the latterly used does not. In other words: If Kunkka marks hero A and the Rubick marks that same hero after, and then Kunkka returns hero A first, then Rubicks Return won't return him anymore. So XMTS buffs/debuffs don't stack. They absolutely should though.

I would post this to dev.dota2.com but I've been banished from that realm.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  4. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Mudak:
    There are plenty of reddit threads 'all problems for [insert hero name]' where a lot of issues are mentioned.
    So a lot of people are finding a lot of problems, they even check consistent sounds and responses etc.

About the first one, it was intentional-unintended I presume.
    The non-upgraded version uses the new behavior, which was implemented some versions ago, but then the upgraded version became a '1,000 range, 100% hook' skill with additional benefits and they 'fixed' it by reverting the behavior to post upgrade.
    And Valve developers are notoriously well known for not into over-engineering (or they apply the first solution which comes to mind and doesn't completely break the game).

The 'X mark' I believe it's one of the hundred Rubik issues. The ability is putting a buff and then using the ability is removing the buff on execution, so it's expected (from any sane person) to get those results in the end - but then again developer at valve and sane should not be putted in the same sentence.

5. Mudak

Mudak Member

Sep 25, 2014
    I don't quite understand how it is a 1000 range hook anymore with the new version than the older fixed-1000-version. You could blink behind an enemy, cast Ghostship towards your team, maybe refresh in between and cast again and you can move enemies potentially 2000 units from their original position. This regardless whether Agh's Ghostship travels exactly 1000 units ahead of you or it travels to what ever point (upto 1000 units) ahead of you you click. Care to elaborate?

6. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Mudak:
    Sorry that I wasn't clear.

Yes, having a Dagger basically means you can move any enemy (or multiple if they are in a bad position) with it's dragging ability exactly to the point you wish them to be, so basically a Pudge's hook on steroids.

7. Mudak

Mudak Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Meh, I don't know. You can pretty much do that with the Agh's-version (fixed-1000-ahead) as well. The animation shows where the Ghostship is going to crash, so it isn't hard to combo it with other spells.

8. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Mudak:
    Doable - yes, but they won't be placed at the exact spot you want them to be - instead will be 'approximation', which is second best of course.

But I've read the change log - it looks intended.

Ghostships now always crashes where it gets targeted, instead of always landing 1000 range in front of the caster.
    Scepter behavior is unchanged.

9. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    yeah. I remember this changelog. it looks intended to make it harder to drag dudes from far away (2k hook + stun + rums if they change the aghanim upgrade behavior).