1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Support (support and roamer) duo ?

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by kamukag3e, Jul 9, 2018.

1. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    What's your favorite support or support and roamer duo you feel are strong and compliment each other while generally doing well, easy to play and hard to straight up counter ?

Forgot to add mine.
    Jakiro and Treant, their defensive and offensive capabilities compliment each other and make them able to easily defend and stall for time just the two of them against full team easily.

During fights they give great crowd control support to their team while able to dish out quite a big punch.

Their only problem is that roaming to the middle require both of them to go and use Smoke to have some impact unlike other picks.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator Staff Member

Nov 13, 2009
    There is undisputed roaming king and that is Earthshaker, one good fissure is all it takes to win mid lane and sometimes even only one bad fissure. Has stalling capabilties, scales decently well and usually survives in fights so getting his core blink dagger tends not to be an issue even with extremely limited access to farm.

As for favourite support, for me it has always been Venge, has decent scaling, can even transition to carry. One good swap in late game and it can be game over.

3. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Upheaval warock (with anything) really pushes all my buttons

4. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Lama051:
    Well, Earth Spirit is not so bad as a roamer as well, his strength is undeniably high and his roaming potential - very good.
    Riki is in much worse position - but his late-game potential is the highest there is, perhaps stronger then some cores right now.

Shaker is old-school support/roamer and is only slightly weaker after the presence of Force Staff (for the later parts of the game) and Aeon Disk, his early game is really strong. The problem is that it requires very good player behind it to impact the game, otherwise he can easily do more harm then good - and mediocre player can do zero impact thanks to being nowhere near where he is required.

As for Venge, all is true, but still Pudge have the better 'position change' skill, because it's on lower cooldown and doesn't put you in the face of danger (god I hate those lucky hooks), Venge requires vision and self-sacrifice to be able to do that - Pudge just can fish out until he make it.

@Equivocal:
    Warlock is indeed great support and safe-pick, but some carries don't care about his spells and because they are picked afterwards (usually) you can still play around it.

His spells while powerful are behind hefty cooldown, so it's not as easy to play him properly, despite being one of the most straight forward supports there.

Thanks for the contribution.
    I was going to add that while Jakiro and Treant are very nice in my book, Spirit Breaker is easy alternative pick for Treant when the team require early-game pressure to the enemy middle and a roamer to help them dominate the easy lane (when we have so much dual lanes lately), he can easily do both and secure 2 won lanes for his team.

5. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Meteor Treant is crushing the high mmrs, with almost 60% winrate as a position 4/5.

You skill nature's guise and leech seed, and just run around punching people. Eventually get meteor hammer and ult, and then win some team fights.

6. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @ManOnTheCan:
    It sure works, but leveling up Seed is not as valuable (after the first point) as Living Armor.
    Not that the skill is bad per se, just the other two are much stronger.

Living Armor's global presence is really good and much more impactful the earlier you get it, replenishing tower's health is also a good reason to do it, keeping those control points alive is giving your team a lot more map control and reduce the need of wards spend for defensive purposes.
    During solo pick offs the increase of chances of your teammates being picked off is much smaller.

As far as item goes - Meteor hammer is nice and dandy, but it should not be rushed, Tranquil Boots, Magic Stick, additional Wind Lace and Urn are much more needed for the hero to fix his movement speed issues and give him the so much needed mana sustain - afterwards the player must see the game and decide what does he needs. Sometimes Hammer is great, other times other items are much more needed - Eul, Medallion and Heaven's Halberd are suitable choices as well.

But indeed - Treant is great hero to have in your team.

7. frigidsoul

frigidsoul Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Sups:Lion , Rhasta , DW, oracle,silencer,Earthshaker,aboddon.Great disables and ez to play(except oracle)
    Roamer : Bara , tusk,clock , pudge. Great disables and ez to play

8. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @frigidsoul:
    I think you misunderstood the topic.

It's a favorite couple. I mean of all of those you mentioned - which do you see as a nice pair to have in your team.

9. frigidsoul

frigidsoul Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Oh well,my bad

Probably Pudge and DW .(Personal experience)

10. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Duo? I never like duo. I prefer to solo support.

But u know wat,

Anything that can work with my crystal cm i like.
    aa, leon,leshrac, anythink that work with my frost bite.

11. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @mapdesigner:
    And where the 5th player goes if you are solo support and there is no second support nor roamer ?