1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Evil Geniuses - Bleed Blue

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Blarrg, Oct 31, 2016.

1. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I was really surprised by their results. I did not expect them to do well for a while after the new lineup got together but damn they did well.

It has been a few years since I actually had a team in the pro scene that I actively felt I do not like, but the betrayal that led to their formation changed that.

2. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Team chemistry has a large effect on your play. Misery was a good captain for DC but his captaining style along with PPDs simply does not suit EG if they have Arteezy and Sumail. Fly is great because he takes input from everyone which I'm sure Sumail and Arteezy appreciate. They all seem like friends which is good. They never really looked all that happy with Misery.

I also believe s4 is a great fit, too. He has the playmaker style offlane. While that didn't really match the meta for this TI, maybe in the future we could see things like Bat or Clock in the offlane again. Plus, many of them have played together on teams before in some way. I'm not too surprised but they did improve quicker than I expected.

3. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Yeah for some reason people still tend to underrate the effect of a captain/team leader. Creating the synergy and good relationship is incredibly important and it has been proven many times. And of course leadership style is important in terms of who you are leading. In life in general but the age of the players makes it even more important because they are still learning how things work.

I think S4 is a great fit for any team but this kind of one especially. They had him and Sumail to do playmaking which is really good. And Cr1t who is an amazing playmaking 4.