1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Evil Geniuses - Bleed Blue

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Blarrg, Oct 31, 2016.

1. cyxozor

cyxozor New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    well they kinda were supposed to lose against wings and they didn't.

2. SirPinkyNose

SirPinkyNose Member

Nov 19, 2011
    RTZ can't win Valve events

3. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Sad sad, could defeat Wings with relative mid to low difficulty and lost hard against OG, well poor RTZ.

4. MWaser

MWaser Member

Feb 7, 2013
    They were also supposed to lose against VP.

5. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Are u sure about this? VP wasn't a match against EG imo, their victory against Wings was proof enough to establish EG's power level, EG defeated VP around low difficulties which approved a considerable superiority, in the other hand IG Vitality is a bunch of crap without Ferrari, VP winning against IG Vitality isn't something extraordinary imo.

Complexity possesses an equal power level to EG, despite Complexity won both matches by the qualifications, they won in both situations around high difficulties, in the other hand WG won against Complexity with mid to high difficulties and OG won against WG around high difficulties, so between EG and Complexity doesn't exist a real difference but they're theoretically above Wings but if comparing to WG and OG they're clearly 1,5 levels under, while Wings didn't improve since last IT6.

6. MWaser

MWaser Member

Feb 7, 2013
    VP 2:0'd Wings before as well in The Summit. They were definitely more than a match for EG.

7. Abstract.Raze

Abstract.Raze Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Yeah and it was around low difficulties like EG defeated them around low difficulties as well, but what counts are the current results and not what happened in a half month ago, EG defeated VP and Wings with low difficulty, the second point is that Majors and the ITs reveals the real power levels in hand with consistent strategies as well new cards, you think that professional teams would reveal consistent strategies in worth over US$ 150000 for a pathetic amount of money the summit offers? dude the summit is an arm wrestling, just a joke, in those events such teams measures a proximity of their 20% power level, none of them reveals their 100% potential.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  8. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Reminder that Sumail is the best mid in the world.

9. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Can someone enlighten me on what that game 3 draft was supposed to accomplish agaonst Liquid?

10. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Win through an absolute Miracle and tilt Liquid so hard they lose game 4.

Duh.

Eli_Green likes this.
  11. Tkdh

Tkdh New Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Sumail is the best midlaner. Rtz is not the best hard carrier. But he is ok at your position. I like to watch rtz play razor. But he dont play this hero very well

12. InThoX

InThoX Member

Mar 15, 2014
    i rly hope they fail in qualifiers so that everyone finally can see: rtz + sumail is the dumbest idea in pro dota history. its just that: "an idea". its unrealistic.
    ive said it way back, this combo is bound to fail and will never work. ppl are too stupid to realize why. theres more to dota than just clumping together individual skill. it looks good on paper but it fails miserably regardless. no pillars holding the construct. fear was not the problem. misery wasnt. its the combo of babyrageezy+sufail that plagues everything inside.

putting together players and personalities that flow well together, building a coherent unit; that is the true challenge. PPD certainly understands this very well, optic already surpassed EG in NA and theyve only been around for half a year. tough times for eg saltboys

13. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Them losing has nothing to do with any individual or any combination of players. Arteezy + Sumail core roles are just as gold hungry as Ramzes + Noone. Acting like it is somehow this duo's fault for sucking is just nonsense.

The problem with their team was the lack of shotcalling, bad decision making, and terrible drafting. Whether this is attributed to Misery, a lack of trust in the team, or whatever, is not my position; but those were the problems I saw that were very glaring in the recently disbanded EG.

14. InThoX

InThoX Member

Mar 15, 2014
    it has everything to do with it. ur just as delusional as the avrg eg fanboy. also u dont understand the underlying problem, its not about being "gold hungry", issue lies in the character departement. 2 huge egos thinking theyre hottest shit results in a team that will be disconnected from itself and a shitty atmosphere. sufail ... well just have a look at his tweets. and rtz ... well in interviews he even admits to thinking hes better than anybody else. nowadays he claims his attitude changed, but quite frankly i dont buy it 100%.
    now good fucking luck with such guys in one team. if u pay close attention to eg games ull see countless examples of both rtz and sufail playing their "own show game", often times resulting in terrible outcomes for the team. furthermore downright silly and poor attitude (especially when getting their asses handed), like not gg'ing or ragedc'ing.

the only solution to this would be a strong ass captain that can keep both in check. but now that even sufails father figure fears gone, "king back to mid"-guy wont be an easy task. fly could fuck him up, but despite his physique hes too soft after all. s4 shuts up anyway 99% of the time. so basically crits left alone with a monstrous task. can u imagine him holding it all together? ye, me neither.
    did u ever watch how ramzes reacts to solo? guy fucking obeys to him. theres not a chance for ego to take over. its exactly one of the reasons why noone+ramzes functions for example and why VP perform as a disgustingly good unit in games. the roles are clear (and im not talking about dota positions here).

even ppd himself said, either kick babyrageezy or sufail. and if theres one guy who knows what hes talking about, its him. he proved it time and time again. u simply can not underestimate the strain that personality combos like sufail+rtz put on a team. even if its subtle, its still there. (maybe u remember miserys tweet after he left. this guy literally was relieved not having to deal with that team anymore.). there has to be a balancing force behind it, else failure is almost guaranteed.

eg wont see meaningful results until this combo remains. i am 100% sure of it. the results - so far - speak for themselves.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  15. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arteezy + Sumail core had success the entirety of 2015-mid 2017 whenever they were on the same team. Lmfao.

The only delusional one here is you with your 300 different steam aliases complaining about how hard 2k MMR is. You do not understand this game well enough to think your opinion means anything when it comes to competitive play.

16. InThoX

InThoX Member

Mar 15, 2014
    funny how u didnt adress any of the arguments, instead ur just babyraging. ur name fits u perfectly.

so according to u PPD must be delusional too right? oh boi, this is going to be fun. no name raging PD nabb claiming the wisdom trophy :LOL: ur embarassing urself dude.

btw speaking about success ... wtf do u even mean. u nuts? we're talking about _long term_ (u understand what that means?) results here, 2k16 was the last year that could be considered somewhat 'good'. that was 2 fucking years ago. 2k17 was way under their "potential" result wise and current year is downright desastrous if we take out indonesia. cleary duo is working like a charm. they need an absolute hardass to overcome rtz+sufail ego combo. but the easier way would be to kick one of them and im bored of EG fanbabies unable to see this. u better hope EG doesnt fail the quali's. but dont worry ill come back to u so that u can embarass urself even more ...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  17. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I really don't think you can say 2017 was bad. 1st place at Dotapit, 3rd-4th at Kiev Major, 2nd at Epicenter. I would agree that they didn't really reach the potential but saying it wasn't even somewhat good is an exaggeration.

But I agree with you, I don't think that combination is the best idea. It isn't terrible and they were able to do well together in 2016 but maybe it isn't the best combination. But then again we don't know as much as the players do and they possibly know about an even bigger problem. Those two should become a bit more humble but I am also pretty sure that the public image they put out looks way more cocky than the true attitude. But EG has been a cocky team since 2014 so it feels like the norm for them. At least they have three totally humble players now.

On that topic of the the new team, I have never been a fan of EG but you couldn't deny that they are damn good and their games were entertaining so I went from not liking them to being neutral about them to an extent. But now there is this weird situation of them having two of my favourite players but I haven't been this negative towards them since like 2014. Fly and S4 leaving was a bit of a dick move even though I understand it in a professional and career context.

18. InThoX

InThoX Member

Mar 15, 2014
    other thing is, even the management never kept sufails ego in check. he was traded as the dota euqivalent to messi, whole team was build around him. and while hes incredibly talented and bursted into the scene owning like mad (winnin ti and DAC out of nowhere), i think nowadays we can see that he is not this insane dominating prodigy for years to come. hes not reaching his potential and i think its precisely BECAUSE theres hardly anyone knocking some humility into him. his attitude sucks. its bad for the team and its bad for him in the end. similar things could be said about babyrageezy.

in post interview misery said he was challenged a lot during his calls up until the point where they simply stopped listening to him, another sign of being unable to handle authority. ofc if u keep losing its normal for ppl to stop having trust and lose confidence, but this is another problem with them. the way they handle loses. babyrageezy for example to this day has an obvious problem with it (rageDC'ing, not gg'ing), misery even confirmed that they get quiet after loses and dont talk much about it. exactly not the way to handle it. theres definitely huge ego problems, 2 big ones to be precise, and i rly dont think s4/fly will solve this problem.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  19. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Addressing the arguments of some rabid hater that has no clue about the inner dynamics of a team is pointless. You're just making baseless assumptions about people you know nothing about. Acting like you're some kind of armchair psychologist doesn't really get you anywhere.

20. InThoX

InThoX Member

Mar 15, 2014
    its not like im the only one thinking that the combo might be an issue. u can see it in this thread already. even fucking pro players themselves think that. but ye, just h8ers. PPD is just a dumb h8er who has no clue about inner dynamics of a team. wtf is he even thinking. "blarrg".

u rly need to get off ur high horse and pathetic fanboyism. nothing u said so far was of any substance, just childish crybaby-like ad hominem insults. ridiculous.