1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Evil Geniuses - Bleed Blue

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Blarrg, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

1. Arteezy

In position 1 we got mah boi Artour Babaev. Best known for his greedy mid playstyle in 2014 styling on fools with heroes like Shadow Fiend, Tinker, Razor, DP, OD, and basically any fucking hero that entered the meta and went to the middle lane. You name it, he can play it (except Viper). As the meta shifted slightly away from farming mids, he has been pushed to the carry role, and he is arguably the best one at it. You can leave him 1v1 against an offlaner and he will be top net worth, leave him alone in lane and you will probably lose the game. Also hes 9k.

[​IMG]

2. SuMa1L

Position 2 features one of the youngest and most explosive mids this century. This young blood stormed into the scene with his absurd Storm and SF play in late 2014 and 2015. Kill him 4 times in lane? Doesn't matter, this kid has no chill and will jump into your entire team, grab a kill, and escape. Sumail offers a very aggressive playstyle and high level mechanics. Poops on noobs like Miracle, G, and Maybe without breaking a sweat. With PPDs guidance in controlling his aggressiveness, he has become one of the top consistent playmakers Dota2 has ever scene.

[​IMG]

3. UNiVeRsE

For our position 3 player, we have one of the most calm and focused offlaners to hit the scene. Universe is responsible for 99.99% of the moments in TI4 that had you on the edge of your seat. His Void is legendary, his Tide his legendary, his <insert hero that clicks R for aoe stun here> is legendary. If you had to choose an offlaner that you could count on you god damn better pick this guy because he will win you games that you losers would call GG in. The dude dunks on people for millions, and likes space and shit. How can you not like him?

[​IMG]

4. Zai

Our first honorary American comes in position 4. The second young blood of the team and probably the best Dota player, period. He can play any position, he can play any hero, and hes fucking good at it. If you need him to carry the game, he will. If you need him to save your ass, he will. Zai doesn't talk much, but he doesn't need to because his skill is showcased in every game he plays. Coming back from a temporary leave for school, Zai is here to show you idiots how to play Dota.

[​IMG]

5. Cr1t

Our second honorary American, and EG's new captain and position 5, is Cr1t. With a history embedded in playing North American inhouse leagues, its no wonder this player is so good. Previously seen in OG saving his retard mid player (Miracle) until he carried, Cr1t specializes in both offensive roaming supports and defensive save your ass heroes. While new to the captain role, Cr1t has the guidance of PPD and Fear to quickly become the most fierce captain in history. Move over 2013 Puppey, you're going to get dethroned.

Discuss the best team in the world here. If you don't think they are the best team in the world, feel free to be wrong by posting your opinion in this thread :cat:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Secchan likes this.
  2. EdwardNortrom

EdwardNortrom Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Can't not be a fan, they're all stupidly good and cr1t seems to be a good asset, seeing how he's regarded as mature AND under the guidance of PPD when needed, they're shaping up to be quite a powerhouse

And now that my homeboy fella MindControl is out, I guess I'm gonna cheer for these guys, along with DC of course who more than deserved my fangayism at TI6

3. Houselife

Houselife Member

Mar 14, 2012
    RTZ is half Canadian and Sumail a half US citizen, both possess double nationality and are officially American.(North American)

Fixing terms

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  4. henpara

henpara Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Well i totally agree that this team has the championshiop potential, but to see if they manage to get the next TI win, there are many even teams to contest like wings, DC, newbee to just name a few.

So i say no title is guaranteed but they will have a shot to win them all!

5. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    There's no longer a temptation for RTZ to leave for Secret, so I have a good feeling about EG this year.

6. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Don't jinx it.

7. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Was hoping to see Wings vs EG with the new lineup, but unfortunately EG got alchemist'd twice and then got EE'd in a bo1. EG's playstyle seems very efficient but risky. They try to accomplish things by committing as little as possible, and then try to choke out the map once they gain a lead. However this does not work vs Alchemist.

Looking forward to some great games in The Summit 6!

8. UloseTheGame

UloseTheGame New Member

Dec 11, 2014
    They're up against faceless in the first round tomorrow. God forbid Faceless is a match for them, EG fangays might end up on suicidewatch.

9. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Team Faceless is a wildcard. They could be amazing, they could suck. I personally haven't seen anything from them outside of the SEA region (if anything even exists).

10. Nietzschean

Nietzschean Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Well Arteezy is the undisputed Summit champion and plus he could be replaced with a rock and EG will still do well with their all-star team lineup.

11. Houselife

Houselife Member

Mar 14, 2012
    EG denigrated Wings specially RTZ who went mostly times full-balls mode, but EG lost against OG, Ana is an afraidsome player imo, OG is currently strong, Ana reminds me of iceice, play styles are similar.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  12. iLag

iLag Member

Jul 19, 2012
    ana isnt that good so far from what i observed, hes nothing in individual play in comparison to miracle. NoTail has really picked up his game though, hes actually a top 5 carry now probably.

Also, I dont like this current iteration of EG so far as I think cr1t's drafting and 5 pos play hasnt been good so far.

13. Houselife

Houselife Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Ana isn't a risky carry, that's a fact, but consistent, it has its pros and cons, iceice is mainly support with the difference that he's one of the most or rather the most aggressive supports ever imo, which makes him less consistent than the average of supporters within a professional perspective imo, iceice can play very well the carry roll because it doesn't exist for him a huge difference of temperaments when switching roles.

Crit, is a support which is mainly focused for the team, unlike Zai who is focused for the carry's well-being, I agree that Crit isn't that near on iceice's level since both shares exactly same perspective puposes within the support role with the only mere difference that Crit is the one who lead the passive positioning of the team while RTZ gives the offensive orders, iceice's is free from such responsibility while being clearly superior in a teamfight entrance calculations and positioning timings, one thing is clear, Crit is a great leader but not that effective like other professional gamers within such role at the time to execute team fights, but he's still one of the best ones.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  14. SirPinkyNose

SirPinkyNose Member

Nov 19, 2011
    EG vs Wings single elimination lol

15. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Teams should take notes on how Col drafts and play vs EG.

Scrimming against EG has done wonders

16. Houselife

Houselife Member

Mar 14, 2012
    My huge admiration to Universe and Zai this time.

Boston Major 07.12.2016 (EG vs Wings)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  17. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Two great games in a row, and two great drafts. Crit finally following the meta a little more closely and its paying off. Wings playing risky things and getting punished by not countering picks properly.

Wings showed signs of life and EG showed signs of weakness, but draft advantage was able to close out the games regardless of any comeback potential. Great games overall, VP vs EG should be just as hype!

Houselife likes this.
  18. halcyon days

halcyon days New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Fingers crossed for VP

19. StrychIX

StrychIX Member

Aug 19, 2014
  20. Houselife

Houselife Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I don't wanna be pessimistic but seems to me that EG will lose against OG or against DC one from both.