1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Dueling Fates balance patch waiting room/wishlist.

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by Bargh, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Bargh

Bargh Member

Jul 28, 2009
    What do you want from it?

I want the usual, for carries to be buttloved by Icefrog and a way to carry games as supports.

2. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    That at least one of the two new heroes is a support of some sort... though I doubt it. The pixie might be, since the tits cater to a different crowd of hat buyers from the standard core pickers. In which case no one will pick it after the first month.

I just hope it's something a bit fun like Lion instead of either "read the 300 page manual before operating" variety of support like Oracle or "press 2 buttons and wait until the next minute before contributing again" like WW. Or a 160 base MS 200 base mana -50 base armour 3 base damage CM.

3. WholeGrain89

WholeGrain89 Member

Jan 30, 2014
    What makes you think it's coming out today? I thought today was the big pyro update

4. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    And in turn being hilariously broken.

Meh, he's about as basic as it gets. I'd rather get a hero with something interesting like Venge (swap), instead of even more vanilla disables.

My hopes are that she'll be an extremely elusive support (I mean, Puck is a fairy dragon, and she's a fairy so it's not too far off thematically) with a solid and aggressive low cd ultimate.

I also want nerfs to bounty runes (nerf the exp gain!) and gold over time, more buffs for the safelane and nerfs for the midlane (such as removing the extra creep, or making it somehow more worth it to farm safelane, or in any way penalizing supports that camp mid). And nerfs to clarities.

He doesn't think so, or he wouldn't make a wishlist thread.

5. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I mean, I just want a hero that can do stuff in fights. Oracle is a pain to play because after insertnumberhere years my friends still don't know what his abilities do and they complain after every single thing I do. And the supports that do have interesting or useful spells either have them on an infinite cooldown, or triggers my friends even more *cough* Cold Embrace *cough* so I hope a new support hero will be at least somewhat straightforward.

I doubt the fairy will have any kind of elusiveness or tankiness, Icey seems to hate supports that don't die in 2 hits but hey, you never know.

6. Mr. BoB

Mr. BoB Member

Sep 28, 2009
    My wish is that I'd die irl before the patch hits the client.

terrorbringer and fine93 like this.
  7. burnmelt

burnmelt New Member

Aug 28, 2011
    The assist gold bonus/penalties to become more granular. Right now if you're 5 gold behind someone else on your team, you get ~25% more assist gold per kill. Its silly. Make it a percentage comparable to your percentage of your team's networth. If you have 3% of your teams networth, it should give you a lot more assist gold than if you're 10%, even if you have the least networth in both circumstances.

8. fine93

fine93 Member

Feb 12, 2010
    10 new heroes

20 new items

new map

all hats removed

9. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Moderator Staff Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Anything from a minor to huge nerf to the following heroes would be nice: Necro, Monkey, Venomancer, Bloodseeker, Lich, Nightstalker and Earthshaker.

And a minor nerf to these annoying but not cancer heroes: Pitlord, Pugna and Sven.

Buff to Vengeful Spirit and core Kunkka plox. My favorite heroes.

10. Louie!

Louie! Member

Jul 19, 2010
    LoL crossover hero
    surrender option
    -switch
    region lock
    remove one leg from broodmother

11. Bargh

Bargh Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Patch is nearing and job is slow as fuck, time to post some fake changelogs:

7.06g:
    ====

General:
    *Passive gold now starts at lower rate and increases as game progresses.

*Creeps now give 30% of their gold bounty in 800 AoE if no hero claimed last hit.
    *Creep denies provide no AoE bounty.
    *Creeps and Neutrals provide up to 50% extra gold and experience based on networth position.
    *All forms of hex now last 20 seconds on Creeps and Neutrals

*Roshan: Cheese now also refreshes cooldowns.
    *Roshan now makes global announcement when brought below 75% health.

*Added multiple types of trees with various effect when cut/eaten.
    *Tree of Vision drops single use ward when cut. Grants night vision when eaten.
    *Tree of Fortune drops two Seeds of Fortune that can be planted and will bloom into two Trees of Fortune after set time. Grants gold when eaten.
    *Tree of Fortitude, stuns targets in AoE for 5 seconds when cut. Grants Iron Branch when eaten.
    *More trees to come.

Items:

*Component items now sell for 75% of initial cost.
    *Heaven's Halberd: Mana cost removed.
    *Monkey's King Bar: Reworked. Passive Truestrike removed. Mini-bashes now have true strike and disable enemy evasion for 2 seconds.
    *Divine Rapier now provides immunity to disarm.
    *Echo Sabre now uses Broadsword instead of Ogre Club in recipe.
    *Drums of Endurance: Active effect now provides phasing.
    *Glimmer Cape: Reworked. Now passively grants invisibility when not moving with 1 second fade time. Active effect provides 66% magic resistance for 5 seconds.
    *Poor's man shield reworked. Effect now same for ranged and melee users, instead blocks 10 damage from melee heroes and 20 from ranged heroes.

Heroes:

*Abaddon: Aghs ultimate also redirects magic effects to Abaddon.
    *Abaddon: Level 25 Talent changed from +25 Strength to Mist Coil stuns for 1.5 seconds.

*Alchemist: Level 25 Talent changed from -5 Acid Spray Armor to +400 gold per minute.
    *Alchemist: Level 20 Talent changed from 30 Attack Speed to -5 Acid Spray Armor.
    *Alchemist: Level 10 Talent changed from 20 damage to +5 mana regen from Chemical Rage.

*Ancient Apparition: Level 25 Talent changed from 4 charges of Cold Feet to Cold Feet silences and mutes items.
    *Ancient Apparition: Initial Cold Feet debuff is undispellable.

*Bane: Enfeeble reduces ALL damage dealt by 25/30/35/40%. Duration reduced to 10 seconds and cooldown increased to 15 seconds.
    *Bane: Level 20 Talent changed from +90 Enfeeble Damage Reduction to +5 seconds Enfeeble Duration.

*Batrider: Level 15 Talent changed from +5% Spell Amplification to +300 Vision Radius.

*Beastmaster: Call of the Wild: Hawk now has infinite duration, but only one can be active at once.

*Lion: Level 25 Talent changed from +3 Mana Drain Multitarget to No Mana Drain Cooldown and Effect Doubled.
    *Lion: Level 25 Talent changed from +20 Stats to Hex Pierces Magic Immunity.

*Morphling: Hybrid reworked. Now copies appearance and abilities of target allied or enemy hero. Ultimate is replaced by Return with restores Morphling to original state. 40 seconds duration, 60 seconds cooldown. Base stats remain the same and morphling can continue to use his items and benefits from their stats.

*Naga Siren: Song of the Siren aghs effect also restores mana.

*Furion: New innate ability: Dying spawns a tree.

*Necrophos: Assists now also give half the normal Sadist stacks and last hits by allies within Heartstopper aura also add Sadist stacks at half the normal rate.
    *Necrophos: Heartstopper Aura now deals damage equal to % of current health instead of maximum.
    *Necrophos: Heartstopper Aura radius increased to 1200 and now once again works on Ancients.

*Nyx Assassin: Level 15 +50 Impale damage talent also restores unit targeting.

*Ogre Magi: Bloodlust now costs health instead of mana.

*Oracles: Fortune's End root duration and minimum root duration increased by 1 second.
    *Oracle: Aghanim Scepter also reduces mana cost of Purifying Flames from 80/85/90/95 to 25.

*Pugna: Level 25 Talent changed from +50% Life Drain heal to +50% Spell Lifesteal.

*Spirit Breaker: Charge of Darkness no longer interacts with Linken's Sphere.

*Slark: Dark Pact no longer has delay before effect starts.

*Treant Protector: Leech Seed spawns a tree if hero dies under it's effects.

*Witch Doctor: Level 25 Talent changed from +20 Voodoo Restoration Heal to +60 Voodoo Restoration Heal.
    *Witch Doctor: Level 25 Talent changed from +175 Death Ward Attack Range to -40 seconds Death Ward Cooldown.

12. ItsJustANumber

ItsJustANumber Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Valve needs to get their shit together and stop being so perfectionistic. Yes, you will release a bunch of bugs and broken heroes/items in the new patch (Reborn and 7.00), but that's no reason to delay it for so long. I'm saying this because right after every big patch there were a bunch of smaller ones to fix things. They couldn't have anticipated MK would be so broken with basher until they actually released the patch to the client and let everyone play him.
    TI pushes the current patch to its very limits, and the post TI patch needs to come out sometime after TI, not December like last year.
    And last year we only had one really major patch, which was 7.00. The rest were so much smaller in comparison, so major patch frequency may turn into once a year.

13. Vixori

Vixori Member

Jan 17, 2013
    What I want: jungling being made into a viable strategy, so I could be useless for 10 minutes and then carry the game anyway. As any hero.

What I expect: 90% of changes making no impact, another bunch of buffs to supports, few useless aghs upgrades, new heroes being broken (one is brokenly good, other is brokenly useless) and jungling not being made into a viable strategy.

Mr. BoB likes this.
  14. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Vixori:
    Starting from the neutral camps is a valuable strategy.
    The part being useless for the first 10 minutes (how usually players tend to play into the jungle) is the reason that isn't working good.

I tend to play two heroes in the neutrals (Enigma and Wraith King as roaming #4).
    The thing is that in public games (especially high rated ones) it's considered a bad move, yet being active and actually participating in the game, making few rotation before the 5th minute mark is making it viable and highly impactful.

The changes we receive outside of the trivial ones are actually quite impactful. Every major version is completely changing the highest impact strategies (look at TI and see how every year different play-style was the most used) etc.

People talk so much shit about Valve and DotA, yet they tend to not understand what they actually get for free.

15. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    REMOVE
    PRECISION
    AURA
    PLEASE

16. ItsJustANumber

ItsJustANumber Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Valve needs to thank me for playing their shit game.

fine93 likes this.
  17. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @ItsJustANumber:
    Well, you are not obliged or forced to play it by any mean.
    Hundred of competitors on the market and Vlave's product is free,
    so unlike someone spending money on pre-order and than getting unsatisfying game.

As something which I feel similar too is how at some places there are riots and hate on the cops, trying to bring order - the same people who I would like to send to some country where there are no cops. The fun and satisfaction about that would be immense.

Sorry to say that, but your comments about the game I can sense the same logic and provoke the hate in me.
    I mean - I do not defend Valve, they value money too much and have some low maintenance, development and decisions about their products (which is not Steam). Yet I do not get angry at them, just ignore them and praise other companies and their products much more - spending cash in that direction instead of giving it to Valve.

18. ItsJustANumber

ItsJustANumber Member

Oct 9, 2016
    The game is still in beta so they are farming mine and yours and everyone elses info for when they actually release the full game. As for the police thing I suggest you read some history about "order".

19. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @ItsJustANumber:
    And what about not playing it ?
    Or do someone actually threaten you to play the game ?

Mature response to not liking something which is offered for free is to ignore it.
    But you use their product on your own behalf, ignore advises to stop it and still criticize the developers - WTF is wrong with your logic ?

No need, have enough experience. Also I'm totally fine without government, order or anything like that. Completely self sufficient if required to, also strong enough to take care of myself in any kind of violent situation - which is usually happening in lawless country.

The thing is - the people usually rioting about that are not.

20. ItsJustANumber

ItsJustANumber Member

Oct 9, 2016
    The game still has fun left in it until valve finally suffocates it to death so I'll stick around till then.

You sound very slav. Are you slav/eastern european?
    Also by reading up on history I meant learning about the history of "order" throughout the ages, not how to survive in a post-anarchic world.