1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Duel Damage while Banished

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by duble_dragon, May 10, 2017.

1. duble_dragon

duble_dragon Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I do find this interesting that if a target is dueled and "saved" with astral/disruption and wins the duel as a result, that target does not gain the victory damage. I never particularly noticed because I never suspected any special interaction with Astral Imprisonment to be specific.

If there is a non-arbitrary reason, why does duel victory damage not go to the astraled "winner" and what exactly are the parameters for duel victory damage? I assume if astral denies the damage, so does disruption and supernova. Are there others that are known?

2. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    what! I didnt even know O_O

3. Jon

Jon Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I wonder if the same interaction would happen if Silence managed to get a kill while banished - would he gain intelligence? What if the target he killed was Banished (testable in Ability Draft), would they lose intelligence?

My guess is that, like any buffs and debuffs from any other ability, permanent buffs/debuffs can only be applied to non-invulnerable units.

4. duble_dragon

duble_dragon Member

Jul 10, 2009
    The only way for a banished unit to die is if OD casted Astral followed by Sanity's Eclipse. Otherwise, no damage is taken by the hidden unit. A death resulting from Astral itself still gives Silencer the intelligence. With the case of disruption, the same applies. the hero is returned before actually dying, so Silencer gainst he buff in both cases.

The thing with Duel is the one NOT banished by Astral is the "loser" of the duel who dies, yet the winner does not gain damage while being the one who is hidden. If the hidden unit dies, the victor gains damage. If the hidden unit wins, there is no damage bonus.

5. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    are you sure this applies both ways? (i.e. is it the same if LC was banished or if enemy of LC was banished?)

because I remember there was a bug that aa ulti does not give duel damage If LC died, But LC still gains duel damage if aa used ulti to help him, lol