1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Dragonscus Coffee Shop

Discussion in 'Hero Ideas' started by Wrooks, Oct 8, 2016.

1. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    A certain somebody doesn't like to participate in the things that ARE going on *coughgallery
    So why should a 'challenge' do anything?
    Apparently it was a HARDER CHALLENGE to get something in the gallery than anything else anyway.

2. Beary

Beary Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I do not participate in all challenges. Sometimes I create heroes for the sake of exploiting challenge requirements or just for the fun of it... which kind of explains why I do not post stand-alone heroes as regularly.

It is also difficult to write out heroes on a phone.

Also, my hero current hero (Polina, the Gambler) is still incomplete. I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. Skulls_n_Souls

Skulls_n_Souls Member

May 17, 2012
    So I've been busy for a few days now, but I'm nack now and will resume my to do list, in addition to attending to the PDHG.

See you guys after my few-hours nap.

4. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    As we're throwing out excuses reasons why we're busy. My already slow pace will be even slower as of this weekend :cat:

5. carlvic

carlvic Moderator Staff Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm just lazy.

1Frame_Dynamism likes this.
  6. Louie!

Louie! Member

Jul 19, 2010
    t up, Warcraftish, no msi

Jon likes this.
  7. Jon

Jon Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Man, nostalgia trip.

8. Louie!

Louie! Member

Jul 19, 2010
    what happened to the frequent suggestor who had broken english ,hyhy was it

9. Jon

Jon Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I don't who that is. Are you talking about someone from PD Classicâ„¢, or Reborn? Or both?

I think you might be talking about gnSex, but his communication has improved greatly over time, and he doesn't post suggestions that frequently (though maybe more than me at this point haha)

10. Louie!

Louie! Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Ze old pd. It was a Ukrainian guy who tried to communicate his ideas but had bad English. Admirable but funny at the same time.

11. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    tru. where is summer @, just busy?
    clouds.jpg
    Next up, how to make moto here

summer-penguin likes this.
  12. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Well it will not be so nostalgic when dota2 will die and we will go back dota1.

13. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Sup @dewouter
    I uploaded the old 600- I mean 700 range MELEE ATTACK Hero you mentioned about being impossibu
    :p
    gggggggggg

I noticed after that I think it actually has a lot of similarities to summers Artillerette in terms of game-play, but inherent (puppets) rather than spells the Hero has (no backswing on attacks for chasing, vision with a drone over the target you're attacking, etc)
    Funny, given it was based on beatrix and archie concepts by cookie and skulls.
    Though none of those Heroes are anything alike, with any Heroes (in-game or not) there's always a few features in terms of practicality/how it plays out, but it totally different ways. Pretty cool.

14. Ryugo

Ryugo Member

Feb 5, 2010
    How do you do, fellow kids?

Looking through the last posts at the moment.

15. Ryugo

Ryugo Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I've been meaning to create a new hero for a while now, but I have to learn how to do templates again and it might take some time.

16. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    [​IMG]
    No turning back now
    This is the officiating gif

Ryugo likes this.
  17. Jon

Jon Member

Feb 24, 2012
  18. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Templates imo are not useful. If your hero is not pleasant to read without a template, then there is something wrong, too much text, or it is simply uninteresting.

As well as notes, forget them. If there is something important to know, just put it in the spell description. If the spell has too much thing to know about, then it is bad spell and must be redesigned. Notes are pain to read.

19. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Send that to Valve HQ

There's a couple sentences in every spell that involves being banished/etc because they don't have a word for that quite-common function/mechanic.

Note: I think 'Notes' should mostly serve as a thing to clear up any possible confusion, so shouldn't be something that NEEDS to be read just to understand what the ability does.
    They're not necessary in the sense that they're the information that would be on DotA-Wiki that goes into the nitty-gritty of a feature.
    They wouldn't be in-game anywhere, but often these are absolutely necessary when it's raw suggestions. You'd never get the full concept of abilities like Morph across without them if the mechanic wasn't fully intact in the game already, which is rarely the case with new stuff.

Guaranteed if someone tried to make a Monkey King or Tempest Double or anything, there would be LOADS of notes. It's just not the case of in-game Heroes because they're playable in-game. The coding and quirks are THERE.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017