1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Dragonscus Coffee Shop

Discussion in 'Hero Ideas' started by Wrooks, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
  2. summer-penguin

summer-penguin Moderator Staff Member

Feb 18, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Trying to find better ones... shit just got serious here.
    :huh:

For those of you who don't like fast beats...
    If this ever gets implemented...
    Play something else.
    Control your pace right, keep the rhythm going and you'll wreck 'em down

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Dark Mizuki likes this.
  3. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    so i found this tool i can use to view dota replays until i get a new computer, its is located here

[​IMG]
    this looks good for khota

summer-penguin likes this.
  4. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    @Wrooks why not make Attribute-change thingy a thread?
    Or is it and I just can't find it?

5. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    im just having it go through the conversation to get through any final balance issues. but yea i literally cannot edit the op in the conversation =(

6. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    If we're gonna talk attributes, then the root has to be hit.

Meaning, what they are at a root level. Which is basically 'tiny incremental improvements' via both Levels and Items, both Levels and Items therefore carrying the element of 'stat-sticks.' So, improvements that give nothing but the minor statistical # improvement for progression purposes so that a Level 2 *insert hero* is better than Level 1. Or *insert hero* with *insert item* is better than without the item in a few nonessential #s coded in.

Given that's the case, if we wanted to go to the EXTREME of it, I'd want Dota to either remove Attributes entirely, or allow the manipulation of what a single Attribute grants in terms of the increments it provides.
    (in an ideal world, I would never see them in 90% of the games they're in, but I'm weird)

Since going with something like 'bring it to 6' is probably 10000% more within the literacy and structure of the current game... then giving Heroes a way of manipulating the things 'within' Attributes so they lean one way or another is more the route I'd see possible to take.

Meaning... you'd have to re-calibrate what Attributes do internally, simplify them, and allow them to fold into each other.
    Have a Hero gain multiple kinds of each Attribute, but primarily 1 instead of 1 that gives multiple things.
    So each hero has 3 Ints/Agis/Strs for example.
    Example: Int1 give mana pool, Int2 give regen, Int3 give spell damage, and when getting an item that gives Int3, a portion of your Int1/Int2 will convert. Or if leveling, a Hero having some of each at a base (starting with 22 Int gives a blend of each), the Hero can move some of the Int from Int to another Int.

Some junk like that.

If you're gonna remold a foundation of the game, it has to be with a new system of structure (Talents/Innates/whatever else is coming to the game) entirely. Not just new Attributes, but something by the name of Attributes that functions a new way entirely to itself that makes it worth changing 'at all.'

edit: there, this is the thread for it :p

7. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    so you're saying that we should completely scrap attributes and replace it with a new system? similar to how talents replaced stat bonus? A simpler more user friendly idea? One that gives more manipulation of a hero?

1Frame_Dynamism likes this.
  8. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    @1Frame_Dynamism
    The only idea to replace attributes is with an rng card system where you can draw cards that effect gameplay based on what card you have and what items you buy. Its a rough idea but basically you draw a new card every 5 mins and each card stays in play every 2.5 mins...I'm not sure its a rough idea. but it's very rng specific. I like your idea of replacing attributes but i also like the idea of revising them. 6 attributes can easily replace the current system by having heroes split among the 6 atts instead of dire (str, agi, int) and radiant (str, agi, int) or adjusting the current 3 to be rock paper scissors

9. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    So yea the replays are in awful quality from that site so ill just have to wait....=(

10. pinkypub

pinkypub Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I was thinking about remaking my old kodo rider hero, and a magical influence aura that increases the spell damage amplification from intelligence was one component of that idea.

More things that simply interact with attributes in a unique way would be enough to justify their existence in dota.

11. summer-penguin

Feb 18, 2011
    Mine is baking, right now.
    Formatting stuff and all...

But then again, no haired chests, no machoness, and not fat mammals included.

12. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Apparently kodo's like percussion
    Little drummer kodo paruppapumpum

13. Dark Mizuki

Dark Mizuki Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I don't think Dragonscus would become a sub-forum of its own, yet I won't close the possibility. There should be, however, a contest sub-forum, where mods can approve submitted threads containing in-forum contest like the ones we're having now. As we are no more than a brain-storming collective (and we're not making ideas for the sake of implementation anyways), making subforums for the forum's organization and tidiness would be nice.

@1Frame_Dynamism I think of stats as no more than a collection of attributes the original WC3 game mechanics made to simplify them. If we we're to remove them, we could have a possibility of heroes having a LOT of variations in their attribute levels. For example, Axe's stat growth would be put into Regen and Armor the most, Anti-mage would get more AS and Damage with less Armor growth, etc. Of course, this will mess up the established mechanics for attribute-centered heroes like Centaur, Silencer, etc.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  14. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I actually think I have a viable replacement for attributes, imma post it in gameplay soon

15. Jon

Jon Member

Feb 24, 2012
    @summer-penguin What happened to the name Jericho? I thought it sounded really cool.

16. summer-penguin

Feb 18, 2011
    Well I thought... you know... Howl... Moon... the guy that's following the ladies...
    No?
    :hope:
    Jericho better?

Tell me now cause I am still editing it.

17. Beary

Beary Member

Jun 10, 2009
    The next challenge needs to be based on recreating famous historical figures for the dota universe.

18. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I enter that and change khota to hannibal

This gambler doesn't sit right with me the theme is just annoying

19. summer-penguin

Feb 18, 2011
    I huh... changed the name, Jon.
    Jericho does sound more... exact.
    :coffee2:

20. Dark Mizuki