1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Dota2 Damage Calculator

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by mark_twan, Dec 10, 2016.

1. mark_twan

mark_twan New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Daddy Sven and Haasva like this.
  2. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I see it still has bonus stats, those were removed in the current patch.

3. mark_twan

mark_twan New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Thats 6.88.
    Currently working on 7.00.... so still "soon" status.

4. mark_twan

mark_twan New Member

Dec 10, 2016
  5. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Oooh, I love me some dota calculators, I use one for almost every hero post I make cuz I'm a tryhard

Quick question though, how does it compare with the calculator I'm currently using? http://devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/
    Does it have illusion functionality? Can you compare different heroes on one screen?

One thing I see is that you can manually change enemy hero stats, which is nice, but can you add debuffs like SD's damage amp, or buffs like Io's overcharge to the defending hero?

Edit: Nevermind checked it, it does consider your own spells which is nice but does so as DPS (It'd be nice if it were separate by damage type) when I usually consider x amount of spells in a clash.
    Also the talents aren't shown in the drop down menu, so I need to select one randomly and then look which one was the one I wanted.
    But being able to easily compare to a user defined amount of armor is a big boon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. TheArsonist

TheArsonist Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Don't wanna nitpick but seen this on dev.dota2 as well...

7.02? It hasn't been released yet, unless you know something we don't; start talking now... :cat:

7. mark_twan

mark_twan New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Illusion are working correctly (ignoring +dmg(stat based), ignoring +attack speed(except of yasha based), diffusal etc). Also working unique attack modifiers, manta(melee-ranged), resistance/armor(including item procs(like MKB) and all spells), working stacks of Daedalus/MKB etc, not procing bash for some heroes(Faceless Void etc), armor reducing effects and many many more.

I was thinked about adding additional modificators: buffs/debuffs like SD, Wolfs +dmg, AC buff+debuff from ally hero etc. Is this really needed for calculator? Since thats eats pretty much interface space and provides pretty low effect (-armor you can "apply" by setting/changing "enemy armor/resistance".

Yeah, I'm planning to add hero comparing tab and items (eg "Divine Rapier will change your DPS by XXX/and +- gold effectivity")

For separate auto-attack DPS/Spell DPS is good idea (in code they are counting separately and summarizing in DPS window, its not separated now only because of interface space optimization). Will think about it once more.

I'm aiming now on adding more heroes to list, interface optimization (also planning to make in future Android/IOS application), adding more items and some updates for some heroes (Spirit Breaker dmg counts as for 512 speed, since move speed not implemented yet, its affects only Spirit Breaker as DPS factor), Huskar/AM ulti counts as for target with 1000 HP/Mana missing etc.

Talents (LvL10 T1) is a temporary solution, since making full relation with such lots of data is pretty time consuming thing and I changed its dev prio a bit.

Thanks you for your opinion and some ideas I got while read your post =)
    Users are making things better with their opinions and advice.

8. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager Staff Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Attack speed now benefits illusions as of 7.00 (including the Moon Shard buff as of 7.01).

mark_twan likes this.
  9. mark_twan

mark_twan New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Thank you! Fixed it.

10. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    -Armor things are fine as you can set it as you said, but calculating with things like a defensive overcharge is annoying because it's multiplicative. Even things like Veil are lots of calculation effort, because it's 25% magic resistance decrease (but it's not like 25% - 25%; you end up with 6.25% magic resistance and you get these numbers you need to calc with almost all magic resistance effects).
    With magic res I usually just do that myself, but things like SD amp are more annoying to work with.

Maybe if you made it something you could select in a settings tab, it could save space. Don't know, I am just spitballing here.
    I mean, something like a Avalanche Toss combo is really useless for me to calculate in terms of DPS (I might want just 1 combo and the just the total from that), but something like Arcane Bolt from Skywrath might be useful.

11. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager Staff Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Overcharge should be very easy to calculate in, as it merely multiplies the end result. It works like Dispersion or Bristleback.

12. mark_twan

mark_twan New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Will make 2-nd "page" with additional "buffs". Also, more heroes inc!

13. mark_twan

mark_twan New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Was kinda busy irl, but I found time to add more missing heroes to calculator list! Check it, theorycrafters!

Oesile likes this.
  14. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Can I ask you a favooooor? I love using your calculator because of how easy it is to just set the opponents armor, but could you perhaps add the possibility of adding your own values (such as attack damage, attack speed and BAT)?
    This would make it very useful to theory-craft suggestions and heroes that aren't added yet in the calculator such as most supports. I know I'm lazy but but that's what I need calculators for :3
    That and damage block from stout shield and such would make me very happy <3

Blamagenkind likes this.
  15. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    +1
    I think it would help a lot of people to be able to somewhat simulate their heroes, and even non-hero units. Not just a DPS calculator.